Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Andy Diggle
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Marketing Director: Rob McMenemy
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
- Promotions Buyer: Michelle Brown
- Advertising: Steve Goldsmith
The Terra Connection
Mobius is undergoing serious environmental collapse, with floods ravaging the homes of the Emerald Hill Folk. Knuckles the Echidna has come to the Emerald Hill Zone to save the villagers, making sure they do not get swept away. The exhausted echidna is helped by Tails, and the two of them continue to rescue people.
Not too far away, the other heroes try to get to the bottom of what is causing the eco-collapse. Amy Rose does not have a clue, but Tekno the Canary seems to have found the cause, picking up weird vibes from inside the Ring of Eternity. Without a second thought, Sonic the Hedgehog leads his friends into the Limbo Dimension, emerging on the other side on Easter Island, Earth. However, something is not right; the sky is red and Tekno's scanner shows her that Earth is dying just the same as Mobius. What's more, there seems to be something under the ground that is alien. Funnily enough, they have something else to deal with first, as the island's statues come to live, their defense program activated. Sonic leaps into a Spin Attack, quickly destroying one of the statues, but it quickly rebuilds itself and grabs Sonic. Shortfuse the Cybernik comes to the rescue but is zapped by a statue's laser beams.
With the fight out of their hands, Amy notices a crack in the ground that one of the statues opened up. As the hedgehog begins to climb down, Tekno warns her that it is not time to hide, but Amy is not hiding. Sure enough, there is a machine underground that seems to be controlling the statues. Amy tells Tekno to find a way to shut it down, but Tekno is not sure she can, the technology too alien. On the surface, Shortfuse blasts Sonic out of the statue's fist but are instantly surrounded by more statues. Pledging to fight till the end, the heroes get back to work. Down below, Tekno has discovered that the machine is draining life from Earth and sending it to one of the New Zones on Mobius. Too late, as more statues appear to stop them. Desperate for a solution, Amy uses her crossbow to smash the machine, causing an explosion to rip through the cavern and propel the girls into the air.
With Amy and Tekno safe, Shortfuse notices that the statues are crumbling to nothing. Tekno reveals they were made of millions of tiny Microbots. Before they can ponder what connection Earth has to Mobius, Tekno locates where the energy has been going. Racing to the Eternity Ring, Sonic vows to save Mobius while they still can.
- Doctor Ivo Robotnik (Mentioned)
- Emerald Hill Folk
- Freedom Fighters
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Shortfuse the Cybernik
- Knuckles - "Carnival Night Conspiracy, Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #39)
- Tails - "The Land Beyond, Part 2" (Sonic the Comic #19)
- Sonic - "Badniks Bridge, Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #43)
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. This issue's theme is "New Year Pics", which contains a general selection of readers' drawings. The artists of the submitted work each received a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- Competition to win Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie on video.
- Issue 172 at the Sonic the Comic Wiki