Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Andy Diggle
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Promotion Buyer: Michelle Brown
- Marketing Director: Rob McMenemy
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
- Advertising: Steve Goldsmith
What Price Victory?
Coming into contact with the mysterious monster, Chaos, has turned Sonic's eyes green. The gathered Freedom Fighters are understandably worried, but Sonic insists he feels fine, and the glow gradually fades, though his irises remain green. Porker arrives, having studied the monster and determined that it's made of Chaos energy. He's brought some equipment, but Sonic is confident that they've seen the creature off, just as Chaos bursts out of a manhole behind them. In the dark dimension meanwhile, Robotnik is observing. Grimer released Chaos in an attempt to motivate Robotnik, thinking that when the creature has taken care of Sonic, Robotnik can control it with the Anti-Chaos Nullifier he designed to control Chaos. Unfortunately, the device does not work. Grimer has effectively doomed everyone on Mobius, since Chaos cannot be stopped, but Robotnik is interested in what may happen.
Back in the Metropolis Zone, Porker has rigged up a device which he needs Chaos to stand on. Sonic lures Chaos into it, using his speed to fling a petrol tanker into the monster, agitating it enough to bring it closer. Unfortunately a cable is not connected, and the machine is not working. Sonic tries to connect it, but Chaos' fear effect takes hold again and he cannot manage it. Johnny steps in to try however, and succeeds in connecting the cable, but is too close to Chaos and is knocked away by a vicious swipe from the monster. Porker quickly activates the machine, and the monster shatters into pieces, much to his delight. The Freedom Fighters hurry to Johnny, Sonic impressed with his actions, though not happy about it, given the hedgehog's hero status. Sonic is quickly stunned though as Amy reveals that Johnny is dead.
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik
- Freedom Fighters
- Kintobor Computer (Mentioned)
- Porker Lewis
- Knuckles - "Carnival Night Conspiracy, Part 5" (Sonic the Comic #43)
- Tails! - "Fox on the Run, Part 2" (Sonic the Comic #74)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - "The Great Escape! Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #55)
- Data Zone: The Data Zone acts as a quick reference guide to new readers about the characters. This issue provides data files on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Tekno, Dr. Robotnik, Grimer Wormtongue and Chaos.
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. This issue's theme is "Fantastic Futures!" which features futuristic images of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. The owners of the featured images each received a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- Part one of a "mega-sized" Sonic the Hedgehog poster
- Next Issue: A splash leading into the encounter between Knuckles and Chaos in the next issue, as well as advertising Part 2 of the "mega-sized" Sonic poster.
- This issue introduced the Data Zone feature.
- Issue 176 at the Sonic the Comic Wiki