|Sonic the Comic|
29 September 1995
Fleetway Editions Ltd
- Managing Editor: Richard Burton
- Editor: Deborah Tate
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Assistant Editor: Audrey Wong
- Publisher: Rob McMenemy
Sonic the Hedgehog - "The Brotherhood of Metallix, Part 3"
The Freedom Fighters (Sonic the Hedgehog, Amy Rose, Porker Lewis, and Johnny Lightfoot) walk up the long chain that connects Mobius to the Miracle Planet, which appears in orbit for three days out of every month. Sonic gripes that the last time he was on the Miracle Planet, he was stuck for a month - worse than that, he was stuck there with Amy! Porker is nervous when he sees how high they are, but Johnny talks him through it.
Someone tries to contact them on their portable computer, and Sonic guesses that it will be Robotnik: Sonic gave him access to their channel (to everyone else's horror) so that they could collaborate to beat the Brotherhood of Metallix. It's a temporary truce at best. That said, when Robotnik demands to know why Sonic didn't take Grimer with him (Grimer knowing more than anyone about the Brotherhood), Sonic says that his operation is top secret and he doesn't want any of Robotnik's cronies snooping around.
As they reach the far end of the chain, the Emperor Metallix unites his brother robots to channel energy into the Alpha Device, so that they can re-shape the planet and unlock its limitless power. The Metallixes detect four life forms, and one is sent to destroy the intruders. Sonic and the gang hide in a network of underground tunnels - Sonic knows them very well from his last trip here, when he used them to hide from Amy for two days.
The Metallix blasts them with its chest cannon, and Johnny is first on his feet. He attacks the robot with his staff, but the Metallix snatches it out of the air and snaps it. The Metallix looks ready to kill Johnny with his own staff, until Sonic hits it with a Spin Attack. Robotnik told Sonic that the neck is a Metallix's weak spot, so Amy with expert precision puts a crossbow bolt straight through its neck, causing it to power-off and collapse. Naturally, they can't do that to all of the Metallixes, but Sonic has a new plan. "And what's more, it's brilliant!"
Meanwhile, the Emperor Metallix reveals that the Apha Device is fully charged. He hurls it into the ground... where it sprouts metal tendrils that begin to spread across the grass...
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Amy Rose
- Porker Lewis
- Johnny Lightfoot
- Doctor Ivo Robotnik
- Emperor Metallix
- Sonic mentions being trapped on the Miracle Planet with Amy for a month (between its appearances over Mobius), which occurred in Sonic the Comic #28, "The Sonic Terminator, Part 5". This reminder also foreshadows Porker Lewis being trapped on the Miracle Planet for a month, between its disappearance in Sonic the Comic #62, "The Brotherhood of Metallix, Part 4", and re-appearance in Sonic the Comic #67, "The Return of Chaotix, Part 1".
- Sonic sent Grimer back to Robotnik after rescuing him in the previous issue.
Ecco the Dolphin - "Return of Ecco the Dolphin, Part 2"
- Script: Alan McKenzie
- Art: Steve White
- Lettering: Elitta Fell
Ecco tries to get the Black Pearl away from the "many-fins" (giant squid), by blasting it with sonar, but this doesn't work. A direct attack leads to Ecco being sprayed with "darkcloud" (black ink), which the squid tries to use as cover for an escape. Ecco's sonar lets him "see" even in the darkness, though, and he attacks again. The squid drops the Pearl, which falls even deeper into the ocean. Ecco follows, despite the great pressure. He catches the Pearl, which feels "hot... but not hot". He doesn't realise that the Pearl emits poisonous radiation, which quickly renders him unconscious and will soon kill him...
Knuckles and Tails - "The Revenge of Trogg, Part 3"
Knuckles and Tails have crossed the Dimension Bridge into the Land Beyond, when they spot someone following on the Bridge behind them. The figure is revealed to be Morain, sister of Errol Blackthorn, who demands revenge on Trogg for turning her brother into a monster (and who, like everyone else in the Nameless Zone, believes Tails is the true hero and that Knuckles is Tails' sidekick, "Sonic"). When Knuckles tries to explain (albeit abruptly) that this is a dangerous mission, Morain immediately takes offence. She assumes Knuckles thinks she can't fight because she's a girl, and insists that nobody in the Nameless Zone can best her with a sword. They are suddenly attacked by five Land Beyond warriors. Morain is quickly impressed by "Sonic's" skills, but admits she always thought he was blue. Knuckles says that blue is his least favourite colour!
Elsewhere, Trogg watches the fight with a scrying crystal, while the Enchanter Kings are strapped down behind him. They say he's become obsessed since Tails beat him. Trogg reveals that, when the moon reaches its zenith, he plans to summon the Dark One and turn the Enchanter Kings into "a superior form"... a monster, just like him!
Back at the battle, Morain wonders why "Sonic" serves Tails despite being far more powerful. Knuckles insists that Tails is tougher than he looks... at which point Tails suggests that they should surrender. Morain believes that they have the enemies beaten... that is, until Tails points out the new army of warriors that has showed up to face them...
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Morain (First appearance)
- Enchanter Kings
- Land Beyond monsters
- The Enchanter Kings mention Tails' famous victory over Trogg, which happened in Sonic the Comic #17, "The Nameless Zone, Part 2".
- In the second panel, Tails' second word balloon is incorrectly pointed at Knuckles.
- This story was reprinted in Sonic the Comic #200.
Sonic's World - "The Seven Badniks, Part 3"
Badniks from the Palmtree Panic Zone have taken over the Green Hill Zone, so B.A.R.F. agents Cam and Bert flee in their Barfmobile, with the surviving Green Hill badniks loaded in their Ark Pod. They try to temporarily relocate the badniks in the Palmtree Planet Zone on the Miracle Planet, only to find that the Freedom Fighters have taken advantage of the lack of badniks in the Zone to have a beach holiday, so they quickly flee back to Mobius. They try to get the Palmtree Panic badniks to voluntarily leave the Green Hill Zone, but fail, even after Bert destroys one with his Number One Hammer.
At the Badnik Research and Development Facility, Cam plans to use parts from the latest badnik prototypes to rebuild the damaged Green Hill Zone badniks. They'll create special badniks, to reclaim the Green Hill Zone and force the other models back to the Palmtree Panic Zone.
Some hours later, the work is complete! They have created the Seven Badniks: Buzzorgsky, Crabaton, Crabinator, Buzznik, Metamoto, Choppalien, and Motobotnik!
- B.A.R.F. (Cam and Bert)
- Palmtree Panic Zone badniks:
- Green Hill Zone badniks:
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Porker Lewis
- Johnny Lightfoot
- Amy Rose
- The Seven Badniks (Buzzorgsky, Crabaton, Crabinator, Buzznik, Metamoto, Choppalien, and Motobotnik) (First appearance)
- This story must take place some time before Sonic the Comic #59, "The Brotherhood of Metallix, Part 1", since this story also involves the Miracle Planet but without the Brotherhood of Metallix's involvement. However, Sonic's appearance in this story contradicts his statement in "The Brotherhood of Metallix, Part 3" (this issue, above) that he has not been back to the Miracle Planet since "The Sonic Terminator" (Sonic the Comic #24 to #28).
- Once again (as in Sonic the Comic #59, "The Seven Badniks, Part 1"), it is claimed that the Miracle Planet appears for one month in a year. This is in line with the Sonic CD storyline, but contrary to the established canon of Sonic the Comic (re-enforced in the Sonic story this issue, "The Brotherhood of Metallix, Part 3"), in which the Miracle Planet appears for 3 days out of every month.
- Control Zone
- Graphic Zone - Pixel Power!
- Talent Show!
- Q Zone (Earthworm Jim, Jelly Boy, Sonic & Knuckles, Earthworm Jim Special Edition)
- Photo Zone
|Sonic the Comic|