Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Editor: Richard Burton
- Assistant Editor: Deborah Tate
- Design: Clare Gillmore
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Publisher: Chris Power
Sonic the Hedgehog - "Back to Reality"
The Omni-Viewer deposits Sonic, Tails, Porker, and Johnny back into the Emerald Hill Zone. Omni says Doctor Robotnik ordered him to "get rid" of Sonic by sending him into the future - an order he was forced to carry out - but that Robotnik's orders were not very specific. Omni quickly leaves, to allay suspicion back in the Special Zone.
The four friends are attacked by tough new Badniks resembling tanks - so strong that Sonic can't penetrate them with his Super Spin. Fortunately, he is able to make them angry then run between them, so that in their rage they shoot blindly and hit each other. The two tanks Badniks are destroyed, releasing the Emerald Hill Folk trapped inside. The animals reveal that Sonic has been gone for 6 months, and was presumed dead. Johnny Lightfoot realizes that Omni brought them only 6 months in the future, technically obeying Robotnik's orders but sending Sonic back to Mobius soon enough that he could still fix everything.
They all rush to the village, where Sonic finds Robotnik is firmly in control: Robotnik's face is plastered on every wall, and the village is patrolled by Trooper Badniks and Egg Cameras. One Trooper attempts to execute a bear for not reporting to work in the Chemical Plant Zone (the penalty for everything being death under Robotnik's regime). Sonic manages to stop this, but is unable to defeat the Troopers - he can't use his full strength for fear of risking the Emerald Hill Folk trapped inside. Fortunately, it is revealed that Troopers do not have an animal trapped inside, and Sonic is able to let loose, destroying them all!
Sonic turns to one of the floating Egg Cameras and tells Robotnik that he plans to rid Mobius of Robotnik once and for all. Robotnik, however, watching on a monitor, believes it is too late: he already rules the entire planet!
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Porker Lewis
- Johnny Lightfoot
- Doctor Ivo Robotnik
- Badnik Tanks (Only appearance)
- Trooper Badniks (First appearance)
- Emerald Hill Folk:
- A walrus (Joe Sushi)
- A dog
- A bear
- Various others
- Sonic and his friends are deposited six months in the future, having been sent there by Doctor Robotnik in the previous issue, "The Origin of Sonic".
- The Emerald Hill Folk appear for the first time, although they have been mentioned previously.
- Trooper Badniks appear for the first time (although they are referred to as "Soldiers"). They will become regular enemies of Sonic and the Freedom Fighters in future issues. It is established that Troopers do not possess organic batteries.
- The Chemical Plant Zone work detail is mentioned by a Trooper Badnik. Sonic infiltrates this detail to free the captives in the following issue, "Megatox".
- It is revealed that Robotnik has conquered the whole of planet Mobius. He will remain in power until Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory".
- Robotnik's costume design changes in this issue to incorporate elements of both the SegaSonic/games version used previously, and the costume worn by the Doctor Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Robotnik will completely transform himself to resemble the AOSTH Robotnik in "Girl Trouble", in Sonic the Comic #21 and #22.
- In the panel featuring the Robotnik-controlled village, a pair of rabbits can be seen defacing one of Robotnik's posters with the words "Robotnik Out!"
- This story was named after an episode of the TV sci-fi series Red Dwarf. At the time, writer Nigel Kitching's main job was writing and drawing strips for the Red Dwarf Smegazine, a spin-off magazine also published by Fleetway.
- This story was reprinted in Sonic the Hedgehog Spin Attack.
Kid Chameleon - "Kid Chameleon, Part 3"
- Script: Michael Cook
- Art: Brian Williamson/Steve White
- Lettering: Ellie de Ville
Casey, now turned into the samurai Red Stealth, attacks the fire-breathing monster that has got Suzi. His attacks make the monster shrink and release Suzi. He gives Suzi his sword and tells her to run, then attacks the monster bare-handed. Unfortunately, he is caught and nearly defeated, before Suzi returns and slays the monster by stabbing it in the back with Red Stealth's sword. Casey attempts to remove his helmet to show Suzi who he is, but as he does so he says the word "Chameleon" and transforms again: this time into Eyeclops, Lord of Light. As Eyeclops, he is able to see several invisible imps that have surrounded them. He manages to fight them off, but when he turns to see if Suzi is okay, she has disappeared!
Streets of Rage - "Streets of Rage, Part 3"
- Script: Mark Millar
- Art: Peter Richardson
- Lettering: Tom Frame
Ninja warriors attack Max Hatchet at a gym. He takes down three before he is hit with a tranquilizer dart and captured. At a comatose Axel Stone's bedside in the hospital, Blaze Fielding discusses Max's kidnap with Police Officer Murphy. Murphy's honest, but afraid to quit the corrupt force because of his wife and son. Nevertheless, he promises that if Blaze calls him then he'll come with guns blazing.
Max Hatchet is brought to a foundry and comes face-to-face with Hawk, his old partner whom he had kicked off the force for corruption and is now a druglord. Hawk says he is going to kill Max's friends. Just then, ninja arrive outside Axel's window...
Wonder Boy - "Wonder Boy in Demon World, part 8"
- Script: Mark Eyles
- Art: M. DJ. Boynam
- Lettering: Steve Potter
Shion the Wonder Boy is surrounded by demons, looking for their slain master Grimomen. With the help of freed human captives from Grimomen's Pitcastle, Shion defeats the demons and marches towards the portal. He and the captives force the demons on guard to send them back to their village in Monster World. Once home, Shion finds that the village (burned down by the demons) is now being rebuilt by workmen sent by the Queen. The girl Baila wants Shion to stay with her awhile, but he has heard tales of ghosts in the Skyrock Mountains and decides it is time to move on.
- Control Zone
- Review Zone (Ecco the Dolphin, Jurassic Park, Home Alone, Fantastic Dizzy)
- News Zone
- Q Zone (Toe Jam & Earl, Sonic the Hedgehog, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (both 8-bit and 16-bit), Chuck Rock, Lotus Turbo Challenge, The Ninja, Alex Kidd in Miracle World)