|Sonic the Comic|
18 March 1997
Rugrats sticker album and stickers
- Editor: Deborah Tate
- Features Editor: Audrey Wong
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Consultant: Richard Burton
Sonic the Hedgehog - "Doomsday, Part 3"Edit
The Special Zone's Black Asteroid glows like a second Sun as it is heated from within by the imprisoned Super Sonic. Lord Sidewinder has a crazy plan to take control of Super Sonic, so Sonic, Espio, Mighty and Charmy are looking for Sidewinder in order to stop him.
Meanwhile, Vector the Crocodile is at Equinox, a top secret scientific laboratory in New Tek City staffed by crocodiles. They have agreed to help recharge the Omni-Viewer and preliminary tests are successful: Omni has managed to teleport back to Mobius, but he has terrible news and he has to tell Sonic. At the same time, an Equinox scientist discovers that the explosion of the Black Asteroid will create an electromagnetic pulse, knocking out computerised systems all over the planet and cause total chaos (hospitals, banking systems and aeroplanes will all fail simultaneously).
Elsewhere, Lord Sidewinder and his gang take up positions on an asteroid near to the Black Asteroid. Mr Fry and Bio-Hazard become concerned at their proximity, and when Sidewinder reveals that his master plan is to call Super Sonic to him with the power of his mind, they nearly turn on him before being interrupted by Sonic. Sonic quickly incapacitates Fry, Sidewinder and Lightmare, while Mighty takes out Bio-Hazard.
Just then, Omni appears with Vector. Omni tells Sonic that Doctor Robotnik has captured the Emerald Hill Folk on the Floating Island, and Vector says that the Black Asteroid is mere seconds from exploding. Sonic is torn - he wants to go home, but he can't leave the Special Zone at the mercy of Super Sonic. Vector then mentions the electromagnetic pulse, which gives Sonic an idea. He orders Omni to teleport the Asteroid to Mobius, which he does despite his uncertainty, and they watch through Omni's screen as the Black Asteroid explodes over Sonic's home planet...
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Lord Sidewinder
- Mister Fry
- Equinox scientists
- Sonic the Hedgehog is still trapped in the Special Zone, having travelled there in Sonic the Comic #84, "Heroes & Villains, Part 1". He will eventually return to Mobius in Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory".
- The Omni-Viewer relates what he saw during his visit to Mobius in Sonic the Comic #98, "Victims, Part 2". Sonic previously received a distress call about the same matter from Porker Lewis in Sonic the Comic #97, "Doomsday, Part 1", although it was cut off.
- The Black Asteroid finally explodes, having been used as a prison for Super Sonic since Sonic the Comic #90, "The Tomb, Part 2". Super Sonic emerges moments later, in Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory".
- One of the Equinox researchers wears a T-shirt with partly-obscured writing on it. The section legible says "E=m", presumably a reference to the famous equation E = mc2, which relates to mass–energy equivalence and was proposed by Albert Einstein.
Knuckles - "Victims, Part 3"Edit
On the Floating Island, Doctor Robotnik has finally captured the Emerald Hill Folk, as well as Knuckles, and plans to irreversibly link their minds with an enormous biological computer. Before he can flip the switch, Knuckles manages to rip free of his bonds and destroys Robotnik's computer.
Doctor Zachary sends his Guardian Robots to attack Knuckles, and Robotnik reveals that he has a backup control panel to activate his biological computer. Knuckles evades the robots and dives at Robotnik, only to be blasted out of the air by Zachary's arm cannon.
Suddenly, Zachary and Robotnik look up to see a massive explosion in the sky...
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Doctor Ivo Robotnik
- Doctor Zachary
- Porker Lewis
- Guardian robots
- Emerald Hill Folk
- Doctor Robotnik has been searching for the Emerald Hill Folk ever since they fled to the Floating Island in Sonic the Comic #53, "Disaster! Part 3".
- Doctor Zachary reveals that he reprogrammed the Guardian Robots with some software of his own devising. In Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory", the electromagnetic pulse wipes out Zachary's software while leaving the Robots intact.
- Characters on the Floating Island witness the explosion of the Black Asteroid in the sky, tying in to "Doomsday, Part 3", the Sonic the Hedgehog story in this issue. This story is concluded in Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory".
Decap Attack - "Dead! Part 3"Edit
- Script: Nigel Kitching & Richard Rayner
- Art: Mick McMahon
- Lettering: Ellie de'Ville
Chuck, Head, Professor Frank N Stein and Igor have arrived at Hell Central. Chuck raises a fuss about, well, not being dead, and this attracts the attention of a red-skinned, green-haired demon woman called the Thin Controller. She immediately realises that Max has accidentally brought living people to Hell again (just like last week with the Middlesbrough Football Team, although that was a mistake anyone could have made)... but she decides to let it pass anyway, and sends her demons to take them away.
Chuck and Head fight back, and the Prof calls out for calm. Suddenly, the Thin Controller notices him and is instantly smitten. She loves his German accent and green hair, and drags him away on a tour of Hell. She orders Max to let the others go, because she wants to be alone with her Professor... and she doesn't believe in long engagements... Rupert suggests that Chuck should start saving for a wedding present.
Sonic's World - "No Exit"Edit
A rebellion is going on in the Metropolis Zone, capital city of Planet Mobius, and TV journalist Cat Adie is on the scene. Huge crowds have gathered to protest outside Citadel Robotnik, along with the Freedom Fighters. The people are sick of Robotnik's bullying and now they are fighting back!
Grimer, who has been made Acting Tyrant while Robotnik is on the Floating Island, becomes worried. He orders his Troopers to arrest the protestors and, when the crowd fights back, he summons all badniks in nearby zones to converge on the Metropolis Zone. Hundreds of badniks swarm in! Tails is shot out of the sky by a Buzzer, but despite the hopeless odds the people refuse to surrender. They'll fight on to the end!
Amy and Johnny try to enter Citadel Robotnik to get some of Robotnik's weapons, but they are cornered by Newtrons and Vermin the Cybernik! Just as things look finished, there is an explosion in the sky...!
- Amy Rose
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Johnny Lightfoot
- Cat Adie (First and only appearance)
- Vermin the Cybernik
- Cat Adie's duck cameraman
- Metropolis Zone citizens:
- Gorilla in jeans
- Girl with a sunflower T-shirt
- Dog with an afro and whistle
- A badger
- Man with a nosering and rainbow tuque
- Many others
- The protest follows on from the events of last issue's "Solidarity", in which the Metropolis Zone citizens finally decided to fight back against Robotnik. The jeans-wearing gorilla in this issue previously appeared in that story.
- Previous protests against Robotnik's rule occurred in Sonic the Comic #77, "Voice of the People", in this issue the protestors do not disperse with the arrival of Troopers.
- Doctor Robotnik left Grimer in charge while he left for the Floating Island. Robotnik is seen on the Floating Island in "Victims" (from Sonic the Comic #97 to #99) and "The Final Victory" in Sonic the Comic #100.
- Vermin the Cybernik last appeared in Sonic the Comic #97, "Boiling Point".
- Characters on Mobius witness the explosion of the Black Asteroid in the sky, tying in to "Doomsday, Part 3", the Sonic the Hedgehog story in this issue. This story is concluded in Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory".
- Control Zone
- STC Pin-Up! - Roller Badniks! Art by Ferran Rodriguez
- Red Nose Zone (Graphic Zone)
|Sonic the Comic|