This is the script of the cutscenes from Sonic Episode in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
The Soleanna Festival
[One night at the Castle Town, the Festival of the Sun is being held with fireworks fired up towards the night sky. A large boat comes in with a Princess Elise walking towards a statue. Someone then brings in a torch and bestows it to Elise while she looks at it. She then visualizes a large blast of fire engulfing Soleanna and notices Iblis as it gives a roar.]
- Elise's lady-in-waiting: Miss Elise.
- Elise: It... It's alright. We give thanks for the blessed flames. May we always continue to have peace. Sun of Soleanna, guide and watch over us with your eternal light...
[Elise lights a flame with the torch that ignites a frame surrounding a pedestal and everyone applauded while fireworks are launched into the sky. Missiles then attacked and everyone panicks. The Egg Carrier then flies over Soleanna and drops off Egg Gunners around Elise. As they are about to attack, Dr. Eggman appears in his Egg Mobile.]
- Eggman: A pleasure to meet you at last, Princess of Soleanna. I am Dr. Eggman. I've come here to obtain the secret of the Flames of Disaster from you. [Elise clutches the cyan Chaos Emerald in her hand.] And to take the miracle gems that are the keys to its secret... The Chaos Emerald! Now Princess, this way please.
[Eggman's points towards his direction and Elise stands back. Within a few seconds, blue hurls begin to appear circling around in the air.]
- Sonic: My... That's a pretty snazzy performance there.
- Elise: You... [Elise visualizes Silver the Hedgehog in Sonic's place.] It can't be?
[Sonic smiles and attacks the robots, dispatching them all.]
- Sonic: I'm Sonic. Sonic The Hedgehog! [Scoops up Elise in his arms and runs off.]
- Eggman: Not that irritating hedgehog again! Attack!
[Robots begin to fire missiles at Sonic as he runs away. Silver stands over a roof looking towards Sonic.]
- Silver: I finally found him... the Iblis Trigger!
The Chaos Emeralds entrusted
[Sonic is running through the town with Elise in his arms.]
- Elise: Umm... Why are you helping me?
- Sonic: No special reason. [Jumps over a canal]
- Elise: Sonic!
[Eggman's robots blocks Sonic. Sonic puts Elise down and destorys all of the robots. Sonic hears Elise scream and sees Eggman grabbing Elise with his Egg Mobile.]
- Eggman: I'm afraid our little game ends now.
- Elise: [Wriggles an arm free] Sonic, take this!
[Elise throws the blue Chaos Emerald to Sonic and he catches it.]
- Sonic: I've got it! And don't worry, I'll rescue you!
- Elise: I know.
- Eggman: It's only a matter of time before it's mine. Until then, you can hold onto it for me!
[Eggman flees with Elise into the Egg Carrier and leaves Soleanna while Sonic watches it.]
Meeting with Tails
[Sonic is running through Castle Town during the day. He hears Tails calling his name and stops.]
- Tails: Sonic!
- Sonic: Tails! Long time no see!
- Tails: I'm glad that you're here. I heard that you tried to save the Princess from Dr. Eggman. You're going to rescue her, aren't you? Let me help. I may not know what Eggman's up to, but it can't be a good thing!
- Sonic: OK! With your help, this should be a piece of cake. [Runs off]
- Tails: Heh heh. I'll do my best! [Follows Sonic]
Too late, Sonic
[Wave Ocean, day. The Egg Carrier flies away as Sonic and Tails watch it. A feather falls down from the sky which Sonic picks up.]
- Tails: It looks like the Princess was moved into another location. [Walks around Sonic, while Sonic looks at a feather.] Let's head back to the city!
[Tails leaves the scene. Sonic clutches the feather and follows.]
Sonic Rescues Elise
[Inside a chamber of ancient ruins, Elise is sitting. She then gets a thought that she remembered from the past.]
- Duke: You're a good girl, Elise. Remember, be brave. Don't cry no matter what happens.
[Sonic and Tails break into the room. Sonic comes in and Tails waves his hand.]
- Elise: Mr. Sonic!
- Sonic: Just call me Sonic. [Elise hugs Sonic.] Now then, are you OK?
- Elise: I-I'm so glad that you came...
- Sonic: I always keep my word.
- Tails: Sonic!
[Sonic, Tails and Elise turn their attention to the Egg Cerberus who is sealed in a caged. Eggman then appears.]
- Dr. Eggman: It looks like a pesky rat has stuck its nose where it doesn't belong. Well, a hedgehog to be more precise... The Princess is mine until I unlock the secret of the Flames of Disaster.
- Sonic: Tails!
- Tails: Got it! Let's go!
Let's Split Up
[In the sunset of Dusty Desert, a large hoard of Egg Gunner robots are flying towards somewhere, possibly towards Sonic, Tails, and Elise.]
- Sonic: How long is this going to go on?
- Tails: Let's split up. I'll get their attention, and you take the Princess.
[Sonic nods and turns his head towards Tails.]
- Sonic; OK. You be careful, Tails.
- Tails: Leave it to me!
[Tails files off and Sonic holds Elise.]
- Sonic: Hold on tight!
- Elise: Ok!
[Sonic runs off with Elise.]
Running through the plains
[Sonic runs as he holds Elise through some plains and runs up a hill. As he reaches towards a peak, he then stops and places Elise.]
- Elise: I have no words to express how grateful I am for your help... [Pauses and notices Sonic having a cut in his arm.] You're hurt!
- Sonic: It's nothing.
[Sonic then checks his arm for any injury.]
- Elise: Don't say that. [Elise then uses some fabrics as a bandage to cover the injury.] I'm sorry. It's all my fault...
- Sonic: Smile. [Sonic then waves his index finger. A butterfly flies towards his nose and Elise smiles. Elise lightly flicks the butterfly and it flies away.] Your smile... That's all I need.
[Sonic then walks along the hill and Elise follows him.]
- Sonic: Eggman mentioned the Flames of Disaster. Is that why he's after you?
- Elise: Yes. The name of the sun god our country honors is Solaris... [A flashback of the festival plays in the background.] It is told that Solaris's rage would destroy the world. [The background shifts to Elise's vision of Iblis from before.] His wrath comes in the form of the Flames of Disaster. [Background returns to normal.] 10 years ago, we almost faced the full force of his fury... I was a child then, so I don't remember it very well. I lost my father then... And now that man is trying to cause the same disaster again... What can I do? [Pause, then Sonic grabs Elise's hand and runs together.] Sonic? Sonic! Sonic, wait! I can't run that fast!
- Sonic: Don't worry. Just raise your head and run! [They continuing running. It then fades into another scene] Feels great, doesn't it?
- Elise: Yes. I-I've never run so fast before...
- Sonic: Nothing starts until you take action. If you have time to worry, then run!
[Sonic grabs Elise's hand, then the camera points towards the sky and fades.]
[Sonic and Elise are walking in Soleanna and they suddenly stopped. Sonic notices an attack towards them and Sonic holds Elise and jumps avoids it.]
- Silver: I've been looking for you. You're the Iblis Trigger. Your actions will condemn us all.
- Sonic: Who are you?
- Silver: My name is Silver. For the future of the world, I will destroy you!
Saved by Amy
[Silver is weak from their fight and Elise is looking at him.]
- Sonic: Hey.
[Silver psychokinetically attacks Sonic, knocking him towards a building and falls down to the ground with his knees hitting it. Sonic breathes as Silver approaches towards him.]
- Silver: Hmph! Is this a joke? How could someone like you cause the destruction of our world?
[Two robotic hands appear behind Elise.]
- Sonic: What do you... mean?
- Silver: It doesn't matter. For the sake of the future, the Iblis Trigger must be destroyed!
[Elise screams. He sees the Egg Mobile capturing her]
- Sonic: Elise!? Wait!
[Sonic tries to go after Elise but Silver attacked Sonic again.]
- Silver: Don't you dare turn your back on me! It's time I finally put an end to this!
[Silver tries to attack but Amy appears.]
- Amy: Stop!
- Silver: Amy? Get out of my way, Amy! This is my mission!
- Amy: Absolutely not!
[Sonic stands up.]
- Sonic: Thanks Amy. I appreciate it.
[Sonic begins to flee and chase after the Egg Carrier.]
- Amy: Leave it to me.
Knuckles delivers a letter from Eggman
[Sonic and Tails arrived at a seaport and encountered Knuckles. Knuckles is seen holding a card.]
- Sonic: Knuckles.
- Knuckles: I saw Eggman on the outskirts of the city. [Throws a card to Sonic.] He wanted to give this to you.
[Sonic looks at the card and a holographic message from Eggman shows up.]
- Dr. Eggman (via card): Sonic the Hedgehog. If you want me to return the Princess, you must give me your Chaos Emerald. Meet me at my base in White Acropolis.
[The recording ends and Sonic hand back the card back to Knuckles and he puts it to the ground.]
- Knuckles: Huh. He's pretty cocky. [Crushes the card]
- Tails: It's most definitely a trap. I don't think Eggman will honor his agreement.
- Sonic: [Looks at his Chaos Emerald.] I'm going.
- Tails: Sonic?
- Sonic: Since Eggman went to the trouble of telling me where Elise is. I think I should thank him personally.
Eggman sends Sonic to the future
[Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles arrive at Eggman's base.]
- Dr. Eggman: You're late.
[Camera zoom from Eggman]
- Knuckles: Well, we had to deal with your little pets.
- Sonic: Where's Elise?
- Dr. Eggman: My, aren't we impatient...
[Eggman grabs Elise and is holding her by his side.]
- Elise: Sonic!
[Sonic and his friends get ready to fight.]
- Dr. Eggman: Ah ah. You better not move. Now, the Chaos Emerald... [Sonic takes his Chaos emerald out.] Place it there. [Eggman points to a capsule that rises from the ground while Elise shakes her head. Sonic places the Emerald in the capsule. Eggman then presses a button.] Hmph!
[A pink force field generates from the ceiling, surrounding Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.]
- Tails: Huh!? Wha-!?
- Knuckles: Wha!?
[Knuckles tries punching the field but gets knocked back.]
- Dr. Eggman: It's no use. It's too powerful for you to overcome. Now allow me to introduce you to my latest creation. This is the Solaris prototype. [Elise gasps while Eggman laughs and pulls a handle.] With this machine. I'll be able to control the flow of time itself!
[Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are being sucked upwards by the machine.]
- Sonic: Whooah!
- Tails: Ahhhhh!
- Knuckles: Arrrrrhhhh!
[The force field disappears along with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Elise leans against the window.]
- Dr. Eggman: Rest assured... They're not dead... yet. They've just been teleported by my glorious invention to another time. Who knows where they'll end up? It could be the distant past or far future. But my machine still requires some fine-tuning. In fact, what my machine needs in order to be complete, is your power.
- Elise: My power?
- Dr. Eggman: Yes, I can finally complete my plans... Now that I have the Chaos Emeralds, and you... The Princess of Soleanna. That's all I need to revive the Flames of Disaster. And with its power, I will be able to control everything and rule the world. So, you would be wise to remain on my "good" side.
[Eggman walks off and camera zooms to Elise.]
Shadow and Rouge
[At a ruined future of the same location, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles fall down from the machine in the top of the room. Sonic lands on his feet, Tails lands on his rump and Knuckles lands on his head.]
- Tails: Boy, do I feel dizzy... [Looks around] Where are we?
[Someone approaches the group from a higher ledge.]
- Rouge: Oh, look who's here! I didn't expect to see you guys.
[Sonic, Tails and Knuckles look up and see Shadow and Rouge.]
- Tails: Rouge! Shadow!
- Rouge: Hi. Long time no see!
[Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles and Rouge look over the ruins of Crisis City.]
- Shadow: This is the distant future, far removed from our own timeline.
- Tails: The future? Then that means Eggman's machine can control time!
- Sonic: Eggman's got some nerve dropping us here.
- Knuckles: [Kicks a rock] Now, how can we get back to our own time?
- Shadow: You need a space-time rift, but this requires a lot of energy.
- Sonic: I see. You mean using your Chaos Control will...
- Shadow: Yes, but that alone is insufficient.
- Sonic: Okay Shadow. It looks like we need to work together.
The death of Elise?!
[Sonic, Tails and Knuckles wonder about in a corridor of a ruined building.]
- Knuckles: No matter where we go, all we see are ruins. How can this be our future?
[The trio turned to look at their surroundings.]
- Tails: How could it come to this?
[Sonic notices gas flowing from a room that is slightly opened. The trio then turned to have a peak to discover what's happening.]
- Silver: Could it be true? [Mephiles (under Shadow's appearance), Silver and Blaze can be seen standing in front of a large database computer.] If I eliminate that guy, will our world be saved?
- Mephiles: [Nods.] The Day of Disaster... Here are my records of this event. This was when Iblis was freed and his flames were released into the world. [Mephiles presses a key. The screen then displayed screenshots from the present timeline.] And you have this person to blame.
[Mephiles grabs his purple Chaos Emerald out. Silver takes a hold of it and stares at it. The background shifts to a stream of fire surrounding Sonic.]
- Silver: I see it! So, That blue hedgehog's the Iblis Trigger?
- Blaze: Blue hedgehog...
- Mephiles: I'll send us back in time to the point when the Iblis Trigger was alive.
[Mephiles forms an purple orb in his hands that expands, covering Silver and Blaze along with him and then disappeared out of sight. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles approach towards the computer.]
- Knuckles: What the... Who was that guy? He looked just like Shadow...
- Tails: Th-This is terrible! [Types on the keys.] According to the data, the Princess died when she was kidnapped by Eggman! Apparently Eggman's battleship exploded! [Types on the keys.] The date of this incident was... two days after the Festival of the Sun!
- Sonic: If we don't return in time, Elise will die onboard Eggman's battleship. That means...
- Tails: Yeah... I think so.
[Sonic punches his hands together in frustration while Tails types on the keys.]
Beyond the flames...
[At Flame Core, Shadow and Rouge meet with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.]
- Rouge: You guys are so slow. Look.
[She shows the green Chaos Emerald.]
- Tails: A Chaos Emerald! You've already found one!
- Rouge: Well now... I may not look It, but I'm a real treasure hunter. Unlike a certain echidna I know.
- Knuckles: [Gets up in Rouge's face] What? [Grunts and walks away]
- Shadow: Have you guys discovered anything?
- Tails: Um, yeah. [Points into the distance] I received a signal indicating there's a Chaos Emerald here, but...
- Rouge: You mean we've got to go through there?
- Knuckles: [Gets up in Rouge's face] If you don't like it, you can stay here.
- Rouge: You've got to be kidding!
[Knuckles walks away.]
- Sonic: Don't be late.
- Shadow: [Walks away] Same to you.
[Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles and Rouge run off-screen.]
[At a volcanic pool, Rouge flies away from Sonic, Shadow, Tails and Knuckles up to the cyan Chaos Emerald floating in the air.]
- Rouge: I've found a Chaos Emerald!
- Shadow: Don't touch it!
[Iblis springs out of the lava. Rouge flies back to the group.]
- Rouge: What? What's this?
[Iblis swings at the group.]
Going back to the present
[After defeating Iblis, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Rouge gathered together. Sonic and Shadow pull out a Chaos Emerald each, preparing to use Chaos Control. They nod at each other.]
- Sonic and Shadow: Chaos Control!
[The Chaos Emeralds begin flashing rapidly and emit a white swirling light into the air that transforms into a blue swirling portal suspended in mid-air. Sonic proceeds towards the portal while Tails and Knuckles follow. Rouge flies into the air and turns to Shadow. Rouge flies to the portal while Shadow turns around.]
Return to the present
[A blue swirling portal appears at some place in Soleanna and Sonic, Tails and Knuckles come out through it before disappearing.]
- Tails: Oww...
- Knuckles: Looks like we make it back in one piece.
- Tails: Where did Shadow and Rouge go? Did they appear someplace else?
- Sonic: Those two can take care of themselves.
[Sonic spots a newspaper lying on the ground and proceeds to read it. Tails and Knuckles also move towards Sonic to read the newspaper as well.]
Silver and Shadow
[Radical Train, day. Sonic is running away while carrying Elise.]
- Elise: I knew it... I knew you'd return! You had to!
[Sonic jumps to the side as an energy is fired by Silver.]
- Sonic: ...You again.
- Silver: This time there will be no more interruptions! The Iblis Trigger... must die!
- Elise: Sonic...
[Silver fires an energy blast which Sonic dodges. Silver then grabs Sonic in a psychokinetic hold, paralyzing him.]
- Dr. Eggman: So how was your little walk, Princess? [The Egg Mobile appears and grabs Elise with its two hands before flying away.]
- Sonic: Elise!
- Silver: [Strengths his hold on Sonic] It's time to end this!
[Shadow jumps between Sonic and Silver, freeing Sonic.]
- Silver: Who? Mephiles! Why are you getting in my way?
- Shadow: I'm Shadow. Shadow The Hedgehog.
[Sonic gives Shadow a thumbs up and runs away. Shadow and Silver prepare to fight each other.]
[The Egg Mobile flies overhead above some plains. Elise is standing on the Egg Mobile]
- Dr. Eggman: Now stop it. You have no where to go.
- Elise: I would rather die than be your prisoner again!
- Dr. Eggman: Hmph! So, what are you going to do, Princess? Do you plan to jump?
[Below on the ground, Sonic is seen running towards the Egg Mobile.]
- Elise: Farewell.
[Elise leans back and falls off the Egg Mobile, leaving Eggman stunned.]
- Dr. Eggman: Huh?
[Sonic catches Elise in his arms.]
- Elise: Sonic!
- Dr. Eggman: (growls) You won't get away that easily!
Thanks to you...
[At the Forest, Sonic walks while holding Elise's hand. Elise stops to catch her breath.]
- Sonic: That was a gutsy move back there!
- Elise: Well, I was desperate... and um... I just had to get away. I owe you a lot, Sonic...
- Sonic: Uh... [Sonic turns to see a large hoard of Egg Gunners flying towards his direction.] I'll head into the jungle!
- Elise: OK!
[Sonic carries Elise in his arms and takes off.]
Sonic and Elise, in the forest
[Deep within the Forest, Sonic, with Elise in his arms, is running through the lush jungle.]
- Elise: It looks like we've lost them.
- Sonic: I'll settle things here. Elise, you should go back to the castle.
- Elise: OK... [Sonic makes a turn to the right.] Sonic? [They stop by a lake surrounded by green grass and numerous trees.] It's so beautiful! I've never seen so many flowers before! Sonic, have you visited many wonderful places before?
- Sonic: Yeah.
- Elise: Once you defeat Eggman... you'll leave, won't you? [Sonic nods] Though I've been frightened many times, I've also enjoyed this adventure. It allowed me to be something other than a Princess. I was able to be myself... a girl.
- Sonic: It sounds like being a Princess isn't that easy.
- Elise: It isn't sometimes, but I love this country. Everyone in the castle, the children, all my citizens really... The same love my late father and mother had...
[The scene flashbacks to the Duke of Soleanna sitting on a chair gently stroking a younger Elise's forehead.]
- Duke: Don't cry, Elise. Become a strong queen who doesn't cry no matter what happens.
[The flashback ends.]
- Elise: And so, I do my best to protect my country. I understand everything my parents said to me now. Sonic, if you leave here to go on another adventure... Remember this place.
- Sonic: Definitely. [Elise suddenly strays away for a few moments.] Elise?
- Elise: I'm fine... Sorry. (I mustn't cry... I can't...)
[Elise quickly hugged Sonic before it seemed that she was about to cry.]
- Sonic: Elise... smile.
Elise goes alone
[At Soleanna, a Soleanna Royal Guard is conversing with two citizens. A shadow of the Egg Carrier is seen and the three turn to look at the Egg Carrier flying above the city. Citizens begin to panic as Eggman makes his announcement.]
- Dr. Eggman: Princess Elise, ruler of Soleanna... By refusing to negotiate with me, you have forced me to take drastic actions. [Amy is seen in the crowd witnessing the Egg Carrier before turning to run away.] Meet me at the specified point alone 4 o'clock today. Failure to do so on time, Will result in my leveling of this city so that nothing but ashes remain!
[Elise stands outside in the balcony of her castle who listened to this.]
- Elise's lady-in waiting 1: Miss Elise...!
- Elise: I cannot allow harm to come to my people.
[As the Egg Carrier flies closer in the background, Elise turns to leave. She stops.]
- Elise's lady-in waiting 2: Miss Elise...!
- Elise: It is my duty as Princess of Soleanna to go... There is no other choice.
[She continues walking.]
[Eggman traps Elise inside the Egg Carrier and she is seen sitting on a chair.]
- Dr. Eggman: You've wasted so much of my time. If you had cooperated with me earlier, I wouldn't have to do this.
- Elise: What are you trying to do, Dr. Eggman? Why do you wish to revive the Flames of Disaster?
- Dr. Eggman: Did your parents ever disclose to you anything about Solaris? Solaris's secrets are in his eternal flames. His power... can change time, and even manipulate the fabric of time itself. I wish to obtain this power and dominate everything in this world. From the past all the way to the future!
- Elise: You wish... to rule over... Time?
- Dr. Eggman: Yes. Truly. And the secret... It remains dormant in you, Princess. [Dr. Eggman proceeds to his ship's interface and begins inputting commands.] The Princess of Soleanna and the seven Chaos Emeralds... Once I have everything, the fate of the world will change. And one of the beautiful gems is just ahead.
- Egg Carrier mother computer: Chaos Emerald located.
- Dr. Eggman: Finally... Now, let's go collect that Chaos Emerald.
Things have changed
[Sonic is running through plains when his path is suddenly intercepted by several Egg Gunner robots. Sonic halts to a stop while the robots approach towards him and prepare to attack when a green aura suddenly surrounds all of them, disabling them from moving. Silver appears and psychokinetically pushes them away, destroying them in the process.]
- Silver: You look like you're in a hurry.
- Sonic: ... So what's going on?
- Silver: Circumstances have changed. I need to rescue the Princess.
[Sonic nods and the two run off.]
Out of control
[Inside the Egg Carrier, an alarm is going off. Eggman frantically is typing keys at his interface while Elise watches.]
- Dr. Eggman: Huh? The engines are malfunctioning. [Elise stands up.] What's this? Stop all engines now! [Eggman pounds on his interface.] ...Why is this happening? No! We're about to crash!
[A section of the Egg Carrier from outside bursts into flames, emitting smoke. Later then, the Egg Carrier is seen from Kingdom Valley (with both sides now ignited) losing altitude and then explodes into an orange tint behind a mountain. Sonic arrives at the moment with Silver and Blaze right behind him.]
- Sonic: Elise!
[Sonic watches the incident in sadness falling to his knees and pounds the ground in anger. He's too late. Both Soleanna's sovereign and his arch-enemy have been killed.]
- Silver: Wait, there's still a way to change this. [Sonic turns around.] If we return to an earlier point in time, we'll be able to save her.
- Sonic: I understand.
[Silver and Sonic both grab their Chaos Emeralds out and approach each other.]
- Sonic and Silver: Chaos Control!
[The two emeralds glow forming a white swirling light in the air, forming a blue swirling portal suspended in mid-air. Sonic turns to the portal and tosses his Chaos Emerald to Silver.]
- Sonic: Silver. I can handle this myself. Besides, you've got somewhere to go, right?
- Silver: You...
- Sonic: I'll make sure to change Elise's fate. And that in turn, should change your future, too. [Silver nods.] Thank you, Silver!
- Silver: Yeah... Just save her.
[Sonic leaps into the portal.]
The day before
[A blue swirling portal appears at Soleanna and Sonic comes out of it. He hears a bell ringing and looks at a clock, reading noon. Not much time. He quickly regroups with Tails and Knuckles and heads for the Egg Carrier's hangar in Aquatic Base.]
Sonic boards the battleship
- Egg Carrier mother computer: Thrust increasing. Engine output at maximum. Course plotted. [Egg Carrier is seen preparing to depart from Aquatic Base.] Gate open. Lifting off.
[Red machines holding the Egg Carrier in place detaches. The Egg Carrier proceeds to take off. Just then, Sonic is seen running along a bridge above the Egg Carrier and jumping onto the craft, landing just on its metal tail. The Egg Carrier zooms off.]
Showdown with Eggman
[Inside the Egg Carrier, an alarm is going off while Eggman is frantically typing at the Egg Carrier's interface.]
- Dr. Eggman: ...Why is this happening? Noooooo!!
- Sonic: Playtime's over.
[Sonic appears and Elise runs to his side.]
- Elise: Sonic!
- Sonic: This ship is about to crash. Too bad, Eggman.
[Eggman throws a tantrum and growls in frustration.]
- Dr. Eggman: I'm not finished yet!
[Inside the Egg Carrier, Sonic is carrying Elise in his arms as he runs to escape from the ship. Outside, the front section of the Egg Carrier explodes into flames and breaks off.]
- Elise: Sonic!
[Elise points to a burning debris soaring through the air.]
- Sonic: Aren't you worried?
- Elise: "If you have time to worry, then run," right?
[The front section of the Egg Carrier explodes. Sonic (with Elise in his arms) takes a run off and jump from one piece of debris of the Egg Carrier to another. He lands on the wing to jump to a cliff and attempts to jump high into the air, only for them to start falling. A large piece of debris of the Egg Carrier collides below and its explosion launches Sonic and Elise up to solid ground as they rolled along the ground. Elise lies on the ground while Sonic walks over to her and lends his hand for her to get up. Sonic and Elise begin laughing.]
- Sonic: Nice smile!
[Sonic and Elise turn to look over at the horizon.]