Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily within the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
When speed is of the essence, I'm the essence of speed.
— Sonic the Hedgehog, "Trail of the Missing Tails"
Sonic the Hedgehog is the main protagonist of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. He is a young teenage hedgehog and a world-famous Freedom Fighter who roams Mobius and earth and battles the evil tyranny of Dr. Ivo Robotnik.
Like in the depiction of his game counterpart on the American Mega Drive game covers, Sonic is a blue, anthropomorphic hedgehog with a light yellow muzzle and belly. His head and back are covered in spines, which are instrumental in his buzz saw attack. He always wears the same red and white pair of shoes, which are heat-resistant and necessary for his incredible running ability. He also wears gloves and seems to have conjoined eyeballs.
Sonic is not just quick on his feet but quick witted. Coming up with plans and disguises on the spot, Sonic uses his smarts and impressive speed to trip up the devious Dr. Robotnik.
While Sonic enjoys helping people out, he can get annoyed if someone tries to help him out. He feels that this will land them both in danger, and his temper can get the better of him (like with Captain Rescue). Sonic usually apologizes later though, showing that he doesn't mean to get angry.
Sonic is very overprotective of his young charge, Tails. Tails is quite young so Sonic is the role of big brother and parental figure to him. He does what he can to keep the fox safe and has some rules in place to keep Tails away from his dealings with Scratch and Grounder. He is shown to become angry with Tails when he disobeys these rules and puts himself in danger, indicating how important Tails is to him.
Despite the mischievous attitude he is given in the main show, during the Sonic Sez segments he is illustrated as a responsible role model for the innocent Tails, often dealing advice to the fox when he gets into a difficult situation.
In this series, Sonic has been depicted as being quite the casanova (as referenced through his many love interests listed below).
Powers and abilities
Sonic can run at extremely fast speeds, assuming he is wearing his specially designed Hi-tops. While his top speed is unknown, he can run fast enough to reach the opposite side of Mobius in less than four minutes and forty-five seconds.
Sonic is capable of curling into a ball and performing a buzzsaw attack which can cut through most objects (similar to the spin dash) though there are various materials that are too hard for him to penetrate such as nuclear forged steel and diamondium laced metal. Sonic is also an incredibly efficient burrower; by cutting into the ground while spinning, he can dig through the underground at such speed that he can burrow directly through Mobius in less than twelve seconds.
Sonic is a master of disguise and often uses a variety of costumes to foil Robotnik's schemes; his disguises are made all the more effective thanks to the extreme gullibility and stupidity of Robotnik's minions.
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Professor Caninestein
- Merna the Merhog
- Professor Von Schlemmer
- Robotnik Jr.
- Da Bears
- Miss Possum
- Mayor Chestnut
- King Arfur
- Princess Gwendolyn
- Bert Whoo
- Sketch Lampoon
- Rocket the Sloth
- Sergeant Doberman
- Captain William Le Due
- Captain Rescue
- Prince Charnock
- Catty Carlisle
- Princess Sally
- Doctor Ivo Robotnik
- Mama Robotnik
- Doctor Warpnik
- Music Destroyer
- Dr. Qwark
- Pseudo Sonic
- Captain John Paul Memo
- Lt. Bananas
- Blackbot the Pirate
- "Time to speed, keed (kid)."
- "We are up... over... and gone!"
- "I'm waaaaaaaaaaaitiiiiiiiiiing."
- "I feel a need for speed!"
- "Let's juice."
- "Juice time."
- "Way Past Cool!"
- "Gotta [verb], [noun that rhymes with the verb]!" (Example: "Gotta fly, Clyde!")
- "That's no good!"
- "Sonic says!"
- "It just ain't gonna be the same without 'im. Never thought I'd say that after the uncool way we met."
- Unlike most other Sonic continuities, this Sonic is not afraid of water and can swim quite well.
- Sonic is allergic to a certain flower and if it touches him, he will swell up like a balloon.
- This incarnation of Sonic was largely based on the version seen in the Western box art of the existing Sonic games, which lead to a number of diversions from his established Japanese design. Such changes include a mowhawk-like single row of spines on his head as opposed to three rows, a two-spined single row down his back as opposed to two single-spine rows, and the lack of a tail. This design would be carried over into the subsequent western Sonic cartoons, Sonic the Hedgehog animated series and Sonic Underground, and adapted for the first eleven issues of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- This is the first incarnation of Sonic to be voiced by Jaleel White.