Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the location after the Super Genesis Wave, see Soumerca.
Soumerca is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a continent in the southern hemisphere of Mobius. It is mostly covered by a vast jungle area and contains many ancient settlements from the far past.
The continent of Soumerca is the ancient home of the Felidae and the Wolf Pack, as well as the site of Ixis Vale's tomb. Some time after the Forgotten War and 4,000 years before the First Robotnik War, it was visited by a group of Echidnas from Albion seeking a new home. This group ended up fighting with the Felidae, and split into three factions: the Knuckles Clan, Nocturnus Clan, and a group of intellectuals who left to escape the conflict eventually traveling to Downunda and building Echidnaopolis. The Knuckles Clan were eventually wiped out by the vengeful Chaos, while the Nocturnus Clan disappeared as a result of the Argus Event.  At some point, a mystical stone known as the Ancient Onyx became a sacred artifact to both the Felidae and Wolves, as well as being used to imprison Chaos by Tikal of the Knuckles Clan. The Wolves eventually departed their homeland for lands in Northamer, and the Felidae laid claim to the entire region.
- Great Rainforest
- Mystic Ruins
- Mount Mobius
- Windy Valley
- Ixis Vale's tomb
- Soumerca is based on South America, with the name being a partial portmanteau.
- Coincidently, in the comics' storyline, Soumerca may have been Europe before the Xorda Attack on Earth.
- Soumerca's name was introduced in an entry on the Sonic the Hedgehog comic blog detailing E-102 Gamma's mission to locate and "liberate" the remaining E-100 Series robots of the Eggman Empire.
- ↑ Sonic Universe #41, "Unsung Heroes Part One: The Big Guns!"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Lupe and the Wolf Pack"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Mysterious Cat Country & Big the Cat & Froggy"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Knuckles Clan"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Nocturnus Clan"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Mobius Timeline Act 8: Island in the Sky"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Chao, Chaos, and Tikal"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #213, "Reigning Cats and Dogs Part One"
- ↑ http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/sonic_universe/2010/12/from-the-databanks-of-e-102-gamma.html