Red Star Rings locations
Red Star Ring #1: You should see a window that you must break to fall down after your rocket sends you flying through the window. Break the window and stay in the building.
Look down with the camera and jump towards the C curve ramp and jump again to break the door. Follow through to get your first ring. It will lead you the second ring, but you can’t get the third ring since it requires another play through.
Red Star Ring #2: Look for this on a new path you take and scale the building it throws you in – it should be under the bell.
Red Star Ring #3: If you fail to get past the door, don’t worry. You can still get it out-of-place. Follow the path and you should find it during floating platform segment by the spiked balls.
Red Star Ring #4: Scale a building from the outside after the helicopter ride. You will hit the 2 bumpers and land on the floating construction block. You should see a booster which will punch you up in a C-curve. Jump as soon as you get off the ceiling and get to the floating blocks to get the ring.
Red Star Ring #5: Take the high path and keep moving on the upper path. Eventually, you should hit the green electric bot to get above. Bust the cop here and you will see ramps going to your left and right.
If you hit left, follow it to the platform and cross it. You should see the red ring with a red hoop leading you to the end.
Get all the rings above to unlock Power Sneakers. They help you run faster.
Red Star Ring #1: Jump right at the start and use the boost to land on a railing in the sky.
Red Star Ring #2: You will find this ring after your first building. Go up to the floating platforms and stick to the left side of scaling up. Look for a rainbow hoop and get in. You will need some tricks to fly to the red hoop. When you reach, get read to light speed attack these rings to get the red ring.
Red Star Ring #3: When you are racing down the building – look for the red ring behind pillars to the right side.
Red Star Ring #4 Rings 4/5 are on two different pathways and require choice to be made. Get on the highway after rocketing your way through the building.
Boost on the ramp when you take your first turn and jog your way down the highway till you see boosters and blue canisters. Keep left to a little lone booster and a small catwalk. Jump and get the ring at the end of the course.
Red Star Ring #5: Take the lower path instead of the upper path from the ramp and get this ring. When you are drifting over the S-curve in the city, you should see a rainbow hooping near the end. Jump up and get into it and it will send you to the ring.
Get all the rings above and you will unlock Auto Gauge. It fills automatically.
- Cream: Chao Hunt: Compete with Cream to find more Chao than her and reach the goal.
- Hot Pursuit: Avoid getting hit by the pursuing enemies and get to the goal in time.
- High Speed Challenge 2: Collect Power Sneakers to reach the goal before time runs out.
- Resisting Arrest: Beware of Cop Speeders! Reach the goal before time runs out.
- Doppelganger Race: Face of against Sonic's double and beat him in a race to the goal.
- Overdrift: Grab as many Rings as you can while drifting and get to goal in time.
- Hot Pursuit: Chase the Sprinkler enemy that's dropping Rings. Collect a set number and reach the goal in time!
- Doppelganger Race!: Face of against Sonic's double and beat him in a race to the goal.
- Drill Baby Drill: Smash your way through boxes as you descend to the goal before time runs out.
- Espio: Master of Camouflage: Only the searchlight can reveal Espio. Face him and get to goal in time.
- Sonic the Hedgehog/Super Sonic (Classic and Modern)
- Cream the Rabbit and Cheese (Rescued characters, Mission for Act 1)
- Espio the Chameleon (Mission for Act 2)
- Speed Highway's design and layout is very similar to that of Empire City from Sonic Unleashed and Star Light Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog, including towering buildings and skyscrapers, long, winding highways and several street signs and neon billboards with references to other characters.
- This version of Speed Highway does not include the "At Dawn" section like the original version, but the background in Act 2 changes to sunrise after passing through the skyscraper section.
- Despite this, one of Classic Sonic's Challenge Act missions takes place around early-to-mid-morning (dawn).
- While Modern Sonic runs down the skyscraper mid-way through the level, Classic Sonic appears to go inside the same building, as they both share the same features.
- The remnants of the actual roads from Speed Highway are used in the battle against Perfect Chaos, just like in the original Sonic Adventure.
- On the Chao in Space billboards in this stage, multiple Sonic characters are listed as appearing in the film. One of the characters listed is Shadow the Hedgehog, whose name is misspelled as "Sadow".
- The fact that Cream appears in Speed Highway might be a reference to her cameo appearance in Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut.
- While the cars in the original Speed Highway were modern designs, the cars in this version are all Volkswagen-esque vehicles.
- In the hub world, just behind Cream and Cheese, there's a "Chao in Space 4" movie poster.
- The gameplay in the original Speed Highway is completely in 3D. However, in Sonic Generations, the perspective switches between 3D and 2D. The same applies to City Escape, Seaside Hill, and Crisis City.
- Both Sonics seem to go through Speed Highway at different times of the day. Classic Sonic seems to run through the highway just after dusk, while Modern Sonic runs through it during the last minutes of night to the beginning of dawn.
- During said mission, the buildings and skyscrapers slightly resemble the same buildings and skyscrapers of Empire City in the daytime.
- Vector the Crocodile makes at least two cameos in this level; first as a big, green neon sign reading "Club Vector", and second as a road sign showing the direction to "Vector Avenue".
- Speed Highway was one of the last stages to be shown off before the game was released.
- The music in act two changes when Sonic is running down the skyscraper, when he is on the ground again it changes back. This only happens when the default music is being played.