Team Chaotix in the room infested with Pumpkin-Head Ghosts.
Sonic Heroes (First and only appearance)
Mystic Mansion is the 12th level in Sonic Heroes. This level is before Robot Storm and after Hang Castle. It takes place in a haunted castle and is the second level in the "Supernatural/Haunted" theme.
In the mansion, the teams face even more strangeness. Hallways go in infinite circles before straightening out, skeletons with mischievous smiles on their faces hide behind doors that go nowhere, paintings come to life as robots emerge from the walls, and huge spiderwebs hang above bottomless pits that lead to oblivion. There's even a well in the mansion's center that opens up into a distorted, multicolored pocket dimension filled with pumpkin-headed ghosts.
The pocket dimension has a strange water—like background representing the inside of the well that changes color with the appropriate formation. Once the three formations are completed, the team (Sonic or Dark) arrive on the outside of the mansion in a giant reservoir with a Goal Ring in the center
Mystic Mansion, much like Hang Castle, is filled with booby traps, such as the pumpkin-headed ghosts that appear, or the trolleys. There is also a special Egg-Robo that only appears in this stage called the E-1009 Egg Bishop. These red clad robots wear wizard caps and carry around a scepter. Instead of attacking, they can perform incantations or spells of some kind that heal their robot comrades when the player damages them. This robot also has a unique Jekyll and Hyde type design with two personalities, as they can flip over and transform into their alter ego, the E-1010 Egg Magician. This sinister blue robot can put a curse on the ground to create a vacuum that sucks rings from anyone unlucky enough to run into it. It will not flip faces of its own accord, but only if the player forces it do so by creating a tornado in Speed Formation.
After managing to get inside of the fortress Hang Castle takes place on the outside of, Team Sonic must escape the mansion located inside to intercept the Egg Fleet. Team Dark must escape to interrogate Eggman. Team Rose must escape to rescue Froggy and Chocola. Team Chaotix must blow out the 60 red torches in the mansion to escape. When the level is beaten by Team Dark or Team Sonic, players will find themselves standing in a giant, ghostless, calm reservoir on top of Hang Castle.
The Hallways are rooms in the stage Mystic Mansion in Sonic Heroes. The circular one may be a trapful place to get out while the door is closed, but the fire torches aren't used to open the door. The target switch is the only switch that must be hit before anyone can transfer to the straight one.
- These rooms are reused for super hard but they are the same as Team Chaotix with rings, torches and a flower which cannot be used by Team Sonic. There were no changes to the enemies in the straight hallways.
- Once they leave by heading downstairs and off the edge, The E-1006 Egg Hammer robot will be seen to appear in the mid-point but dangerous when in middle of the fan.
- The unbroken walls can be seen through in the fan pit if they go through the hallways.
The Spiderweb Room is a room in the stage Mystic Mansion in Sonic Heroes. The web has many trails to grind. Some of them are dead ends, some may lead you to a prize, and some may help you unlock the door at the other end of the room.
- For the best results, it is wise to use Flight Formation, as Tails, Rouge, Cream, or Charmy can fly back onto the rail if they run into a dead end.
Rank Requirements (Normal Missions)Edit
|Rank A||Rank B||Rank C||Rank D||Rank E||Mission 1|
|Team Sonic||36,000||32,000||28,000||20,000||<20,000||Escape the haunted castle.|
|Team Dark||58,000||50,000||40,000||25,000||<25,000||Escape the crazy castle.|
|Team Rose||45,000||40,000||35,000||25,000||<25,000||Escape the haunted castle.|
|Team Chaotix||25,000||20,000||15,000||10,000||<10,000||Blow out all the red torches.|
Rank Requirements (Extra Missions)Edit
|Rank A||Rank B||Rank C||Rank D||Rank E||Mission 2|
|Team Sonic||36,000||32,000||28,000||24,000||<24,000||Get to the goal ring within 7 minutes.|
|Team Dark||11:00||11:30||12:00||13:00||>13:00||Defeat 100 enemies (Time minutes.)|
|Team Rose||3:30||4:00||4:30||5:00||>5:00||Collect 200 rings (Time minutes.)|
|Team Chaotix||20,000||18,000||15,000||10,000||<10,000||Blow out all 46 blue torches.|
For a full gallery of images of Mystic Mansion, see Mystic Mansion/Gallery.
- Lasers and rip lines will occasionally block the player's path in this level, but if Espio is invisible, he can slip through them.
- This is the only level where all teams start at the exact same point.
- In the very first room, there is a picture of the whale-shaped island from Seaside Hill.
- The ring hallways can only be accessed by Team Dark, Team Chaotix and Team Sonic (Super Hard Mode).
- Switches that trigger may teleport teams to different areas in the castle.
- The E-1006 Egg Hammer appears when they fall off the edge which leads teams downstairs from the hallways in Super Hard Mode.
- Every time you enter a room where the door has the usual skulls, another part of the level's music will be added until you get the full one, around the middle of the level.
- Strangely, with Team Sonic and Team Dark, once you reach the end of the level, you are outside the castle at daytime, but right after that, once you reach the Robot Storm fight, it is still night time.
- The skeletons resemble the fictional character Jack Skellington from Tim Burton's film The Nightmare Before Christmas. This was most likely intentional.
- Team Rose is the only team to have another door located in the room with the giant skeleton statue which is how they escape the castle.