|This move exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
When performing the spin attack, the user curls tightly into a concussive ball and rolls forward at high speed. At the same time, the user is usually surrounded in an aura that leaves a colored trail in the user's wake. In this state, the user becoming a powerful projectile, capable of breaking through rock, metal walls and multiple Badniks. The attack is also nearly unavoidable; until Sonic failed to use it on Lyric the Last Ancient, no one had ever been able to dodge the spin attack. If the user legs are injured though, the spin attack cannot be properly executed.
The Spin Dash is a frequently used variant of the spin attack. It allows the user to instantly launch themselves forward into a high-speed spin attack from a stationary position.
- Sticks the Badger has stated that the spin attack is used exclusively by Sonic (not counting Shadow). Yet, in Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, every member of Team Sonic is shown performing a rolling maneuver reminiscent of the spin attack.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Big Red Button Entertainment (21 November 2014). Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Nintendo Wii U. Sega. Area/Level: Lyric's Tomb. "Sonic the Hedgehog: He dodged my spin attack. Nobody's ever done that before."
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (18 April 2015). "The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 22. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Barichella, Thomas (28 March 2015). "Sole Power". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 19. Cartoon Network.