Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Splash Hill Zone is the first zone of Sonic the Hedgehog 4. It is a beautiful coastal area filled with rolling hills and an everlasting feeling of summer, the embodiment of an adventurous paradise. As Sonic the Hedgehog races through the smooth slopes and crisp rivers, he will also witness a spectacular sunset view from the top of the hills. The first act takes place in early day, but Act 2 and onward take place during late afternoon. Many badniks from the previous games return in this Zone, as well as Dr. Eggman's first Egg Mobile, but revised.
- Act 1 - The Adventure Begins
- Act 2 - High-Speed Athletics
- Act 3 - Sunset Dash
- Boss - Showdown with Dr. Eggman
Act 1 - The Adventure Begins
After surviving the fall of the Death Egg, Sonic sets out to just "have fun with it" as he runs and relaxes on this lush coastal environment he stumbles on: Splash Hill. Running through loops, looking at the sea, and taking it easy, the hedgehog feels at home until he crosses paths with some badniks. Sonic then knows vacation time is over, and the struggle has begun.
Act 2 - High Speed Athletics
Fully realizing where these enemies came from, Sonic heads to the next part of Splash Hill. Here, Sonic discovers vines. Sonic grapples one and swings to heights unknown. He uses them to find secret areas and the like.
Act 3 - Sunset Dash
Coming out of the cave from Act 2, Sonic realizes that he's been there for sometime now as he is witnessing a beautiful sunset on the horizon. But beauty won't slow him down just yet as Sonic sees pulleys to get to his next destination. He'll just have to ignore the sunset scenery as he hops over the spike traps, the collapsing platforms and the swarm of baddies to confront his assailant shrouded in mystery.
Boss - Showdown with Dr. Eggman
As Sonic blazes through the sunset isle he comes across to floating platforms in a familiar formation. As he looks around, he sees nothing until something comes down from above: something with a bald head, a mustache about 2 feet long, a wardrobe seeming with bad taste? EGGMAN! Once thought to be dead from a previous encounter, they waste no time to small talk. They already know their roles in the grand scheme, just like the good old days.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode Metal
Act 4 - In Pursuit of Sonic...
Arriving at the checkered emerald hills, Metal finally reaches Splash Hill Zone, and the robotic copy searches high and low for his organic double. However, though he manages to locate his organic counterpart, he reaches the end of the Zone only to find Sonic and Tails taking off on the Tornado, heading for Sylvania Castle. Metal quickly notices the Rocket that Sonic used to get to the E.G.G. Station Zone standing not too far from an open Egg Capsule. Metal unleashes his special attack to scare surrounding animals away as he then takes the rocket for himself, flying off to trail the duo until he meets them again at the White Park Zone .
The act is a reworked "Act 1 - The Adventure Begins", with more enemies and traps in the area than when Sonic began his adventure. It is the fourth and final Act of Episode Metal.
- Splash Hill Zone Act 1 is the only stage that is playable in the Trial version of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I. The Trial finishes right when the player finished the stage.
- Splash Hill looks similar to the Green Hill Zone, the first zone of the original Sonic the Hedgehog, along with elements like the spiral pathway from Emerald Hill Zone, the first zone of Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- In Act 1, there is a small elevated area that looks similar to the one from Act 1 of Sonic 1, and the one in Act 2 looks similar to the one found in Act 1 of Sonic 2.
- Splash Hill follows the path of a mandatory "Hill" level that the 3 classic games have (Sonic 1's Green Hill Zone, Sonic 2's Emerald Hill Zone and Sonic & Knuckles' Mushroom Hill Zone).
- During the 2011 Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, the Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games Splash Hill Zone remix is heard when Sonic appears. It was also played again in the 2012 Macy's Parade.
- The first zone of Sonic games 1-4 (Green Hill, Emerald Hill, Angel Island and Splash Hill) spell SEGA when put together.