- Right after the first checkpoint, the player should get the Blue Wisp and use the Blue Cube Color Power to break the blocks below them and collect the rings on the right. They must use the cube again to break the blocks above and Double Jump to grab the Red Star Ring.
- (Pink Spikes needed) Also right after the first checkpoint, the player must also get the Blue Wisp, but instead of going down, they should go up onto the platform and use the Blue Cube to solidify the Blue Rings into Blue Blocks, then climb up to the very top where they will find a 1-Up. They must double jump over the pit to the right, then use a boost and jump across the other pit to the right. The player should get the Pink Wisp and then Stomp through the blocks below and go down, then use the Pink Spikes on the left to go collect the Red Star Ring in the corner.
- After the second checkpoint when the player is on the speedway being chased down by Moto Bugs that must be taken down (after falling down), the player should stick to the right side until they collect a Red Star Ring on the way.
- Right after the third checkpoint, the player should get the Blue Wisp, then use the Blue Cube to get across the Blue Blocks blocking their path and double jump off to the right onto some blocks in the air. They must climb up higher to spot a Red Star Ring above on the left, then jump there and collect all of the Blue Rings apart from the one underneath the medal and use the cube wisp again to collect it.
- After the fourth checkpoint, the player will go under some pressing devices. After the second one, they must grab the Blue Wisp and use it when they spot some Blue Cubes ahead to create Blue Blocks. The player should jump onto the spring above them to get on top of the pressing device, then go right and use the next cube wisp to get to the spring below. They must go right again once on the device to collect a hidden Red Star Ring.
(Pink Spikes needed for all)
- At the start, the player should take the blue wisp capsule and use the cube wisp to go down. They must use the cube wisp again to smash the crates and collect the pink wisp capsule, then use the spike wisp to go right into the small passageway and continue up the wall to find the first Red Star Ring.
- After collecting the first Red Star Ring, the player should continue all the way up to the top of the room and jump over the gap to the left. In the top-left corner is the second Red Star Ring. The player must jump on the explosive crates and grab the other pink wisp capsule, then use the spike wisp again and cling to the left wall before going up and following the wall to the ceiling to get the Red Star Ring.
- After getting the second Red Star Ring, the player should go back to the right and down the wall they came up from. They must open the door on the right by pressing the switch on the left, then quickly go through and follow the walls to a Red Star Ring behind some explosive crates at the top.
- After getting the third Red Star Ring, the player should go down to the very bottom of this area where they will find a Red Star Ring in the middle. To grab it, they must stand at the bottom of the wall and double jump.
- After getting the fourth Red Star Ring, the player should exit the area and go back up to the normal path at the very top. They will spot the last Red Star Ring in the top-right corner, which can be reached by using the spike wisp and traveling up the right wall.
- Right at the beginning when the player steps onto the moving spring, they should bounce then homing attack the pulley to the left to go up one story higher. The player should go right on the other pad and stomp on it to get up on the higher platform above, then collect the Red Star Ring and go down on the right to continue.
- The player can reach this Red Star Ring after the first ring. They must go under the wall, then down and go back left to collect it by bouncing on the pad. Alternatively, from the start of the Act, they can bounce up to get it.
- After Red Star Rings 1 and 2, the spring will go up to a loop. The player must bounce to get into the loop and run across it to collect a Red Star Ring in the center.
- Sometime after the first checkpoint, the player will come across the second Red Star Ring above a platform over them. They must stomp on the spring to go up and collect it.
- Right after the fourth Red Star Ring, the player will go up and spot the last Red Star Ring under an electric enemy. They must stomp on the spring with good timing to avoid being hit by the enemy while collecting the Red Star Ring.
- Right at the start of the Act, the first Red Star Ring can be found underneath an electric enemy in plain sight.
- Also near the start, when the player reaches the wall at the end of the path, they must jump down where the trail of Rings is, collect the Red Star Ring, then go back up using the pulley.
- Directly after the second Red Star Ring, the player must go up and right, then use the pulleys to go up again and collect the Red Star Ring on the left at the top while avoiding the bolts of electricity.
- (Frenzy Power needed) After the first checkpoint, the player must collect the purple capsule, then use the frenzy wisp to eat up the crates and enemies on their way. They must jump on the platforms above the ground and keep going to the right to find the Red Star Ring in some crates.
- (Frenzy Power needed) After getting the fourth Red Star Ring, the player must continue to the right while in frenzy form and keep eating away on the top path to get the fifth and final Red Star Ring by jumping at the very end.
- At the beginning of the Act, the player will race on a speedway and must avoid enemy lasers, then fall down. While falling down, they should pass through the second ring of spikes to collect the Red Star Ring in the middle.
- (Spike wisp needed) After the first checkpoint (after falling down), the player must ram through the enemies ahead, then double jump to get the pink wisp capsule on the crates above the path. They must use spike wisp and roll along the crates to the left, then go up to the top of the crates and continue right. The player can find the Red Star Ring hovering in between some crates on the right.
- (Hover wisp needed) After the second checkpoint, the player must go up after grabbing the green wisp capsule and fly up using hover to reach the second green wisp capsule, then fly to the left and collect to Red Star Ring.
- (Spike wisp needed) After traveling down the zip line, the player must continue to the right to find a pink wisp capsule, then use spike wisp and jump on the crates above. The player must then follow the path to the left all the way to find a Red Star Ring at the end.
- (Hover wisp needed) After the third checkpoint when the player reaches the tower at the end, they must climb to the top, then go left and defeat the three robots. They then should grab the green capsule, go back to the right, and a line of rings should have appeared around the top of the tower. The player can then use the hover wisp to dash through it to collect the fifth and final Red Star Ring.
(Hover wisp needed for all)
- The player should first get the green wisp capsule, then go right and up. On the right side, they must drop down and use the hover wisp, going around the outside of the area and then underneath it. The player then needs to jump over the spinning spike balls, and the first Red Star Ring can be found at the far left of the area.
- The player must collect another green wisp capsule and go left this time. They should use hover to fly left and then go up around all the spikes, collecting green wisp capsules on the way to stay in hover form. The player must keep going up to the top to find the second Red Star Ring.
- The player should fly to the top of the level. At some point near the very top, there will be a ceiling of crates with spikes and a switch on the right. The player must fly to it and press it to make a Red Star Ring appear near the spike ceiling.
- After getting the third Red Star Ring, the player must fly over above the crates with the spikes and go to the left. They should drop down where the lines of rings are until they reach the bottom, then double jump to the right to get the fourth Red Star Ring.
- After getting the fourth Red Star Ring, the player should go to the right and press the switch on the crate (left side) to make a line of rings appear, then use the hover wisp and dash through it to get the fifth and final Red Star Ring.
- WishingTikal's Red Star Ring guide, which was used as source material for this page.