|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
You can doubt me, but I'll protect you anyway because I'm a good friend and because it distracts me from the government agents that are replacing my plants with violins.
— Sticks the Badger, "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose"
Sticks the Badger is one of the main characters in the Sonic Boom series. She is a wacky anthropomorphic jungle badger and a force of nature in every way. Since childhood, she has lived and flourished alone in the wilderness and is therefore new to friends in general. She eventually formed a strong bond with Team Sonic and joined them as their wild card in their ongoing battles against Dr. Eggman.
Concept and creation
According to Hiroyuki Miyazaki, Chief Content Officer for the Sonic Brand, Sega of America, "Sticks is a significant addition to the Sonic Boom universe and the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise" and is meant to form the core ensemble featured throughout the Sonic Boom franchise alongside Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles. Helping round off the cast, she is meant to bring a quirky personality and perspective to the team dynamic and her character adds an endless amount of humor and surprise to the Sonic Team.
According to Bill Freiberger, the impetus for creating Sticks is very often to deliver his message, and represents his point of view and belief system. This is the reason why Sticks will say something absurd, only to be proven correct in the end. In Freiberger's opinion, Sticks brings a healthy dose of cynicism to the series to counter the heroism of her friends, making her more akin to an anti-hero.
Early artwork of Sticks shows she was supposed to have white sports tape for her hair locks and only have one eyelash. The sports tape was eventually changed to auburn strings and she ended up having two eyelashes.
Sticks is an anthropomorphic badger only slightly shorter than Amy. She has orange fur with long thick hair on the back of her head, which she keeps in two locks with auburn strings, and two brown stripes across each of her eyes and bushy round ears that reach the end of her hair. Additionally, she has a peach muzzle with a small black nose, blue eyes and a medium-long bushy tail.
Her attire consists of a tube top and a skirt with an auburn rope belt, each made of worn-down grey fabric stitched together, and tan fur-skin boots, one which has a fur cuff and the other which has metal bands on it. As accessories, she wears a golden band on her right upper arm, a spiral bracelet on her left wrist and a necklace braided with seashells and a gold ring. At the olympic games, Sticks also wore a pair of black bike shorts.
For the Awardy Awards, Sticks wore a black one-shoulder dress with white hemlines and black medium-heeled shoes. On holidays, Sticks has also been known to wear a green and white Santa Hat, a white shirt, a green skirt with black lederhosen suspenders, and green and white versions of her regular shoes with white fur balls on the toes.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
In Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Sticks remained on Bygone Island while her team dealt with the uprising of Lyric the Last Ancient. Whenever meeting her team, she offered to trade their Shinies for Crowns. After Lyric was defeated, Sticks joined her team's celebration in the Village, where she got a robot part from Amy, which she planned to use as a spatula.
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
In Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, Sticks was getting info from some rocks when she was caught in a rockslide. Fortunately, her friends rescued her just in time. Afterwards, she tried in vain to warn her friends that an army was coming. Sticks soon after met Tails who revealed that Amy had been kidnapped by an evil snake named Lyric for her knowledge on the Lost Crystal of Power. Surprisingly excited, Sticks left to save Amy and make snake boots out of Lyric for her. However, her attempt at an impulse rescue was halted by Sonic, who got her to work along with him and Tails.
Tracking Amy with her data logs while Sticks confused her team with her comprehension of teamwork, the trio found Knuckles, who was guarding Amy's path and had him to join them. The team soon after found a peculiar-acting Shadow the Hedgehog whom Sonic defeated. Sticks and co. then learned Shadow had been under Lyric's control through a Mind Control Device. Contacting them over a hologram, Lyric warned the group that he would soon wield the power of a god, once he was done with Amy. Sticks however, was not impressed.
With Sticks confident in Amy's clues, Team Sonic followed them to an ancient robot plant after Shadow left to get revenge on Lyric, where they met Metal Sonic. Sure Metal could take them to Lyric, they followed him to a volcano where they used an Ancient plane to reach Lyric's sky base. After freeing Amy, Sticks faced Lyric with her team, who trapped them all, except Sonic. As Sticks was freed by Sonic, Lyric tried destroying Team Sonic with a weapon, but Shadow arrived in time to stop the weapon and enable Sonic to drop Lyric from his airship. Believing Shadow did their work, Sticks had a heartfelt speech about how teamwork meant their efforts were wasted together to cheer Amy up. Sticks then had a hug with Amy and went home with her friends after Shadow left.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
In Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, when Team Sonic discovered strange weather patterns that could destroy the world if left unchecked, Sticks was send by Tails to set monitors up around the Village. There, she met D-Fekt, an Eggman robot with nearly limitless magnetic powers who sought to keep Team Sonic from closing the emerging fissures. Sticks, however, found D-Fekt irresistibly cute, even as her team told her how dangerous he was.
Joining her friends, Sticks and her team began pursuing D-Fekt across the islands and sealing fissures with some new powers they had acquired to stabilize the weather, believing the robot and the fissures were connected. At the same time, Sticks had to deal with Sonic being taken away by Dr. Eggman repeatedly to race Eggman's Ragnium-powered EggBot Racers. In time, the team learned the fissures held Ragnium minerals which D-Fekt was covered in. Planning to follow D-Fekt to the fissures' source, Sticks was given a tracker by Tails which she convinced D-Fekt to wear since he liked her. The tracker lead Team Sonic to Ragna Rock where Eggman was mining for Ragnium and piping the mining by-products off to adjacent islands, thereby creating the fissures which were destroying the environment. Confronting Eggman in his mines, Sticks and Sonic ended up fighting D-Fekt to save Eggman when the robot went overboard trying to destroy Team Sonic to please his creator.
After defeating D-Fekt and saving Eggman, the doctor's Ragnium mine was left permanently destroyed. Feeling obligated to show gratitude though, Eggman gave D-Fekt to Team Sonic as thanks, whom Sticks took in as a pet after Tails reprogrammed him to be harmless, before heading home with her friends.
Accordingly, Sticks ended up in the wilderness at an early age where she lived alone for a long time, the isolation leading to the development of her quirky personality. She eventually met Team Sonic who became her first real friends, making her the fourth of her friends to meet Sonic. Her desire to hang out with her new friends made Sticks visit the world outside her burrow. Joining the team, Sticks would help save the local village from hundred of thousands of Eggman attacks.
When visiting Tails' house, Sticks and her team saw that Sonic and Tails housed Dr. Eggman, Orbot and Cubot while their lair underwent repairs. Sticks, however, believed it was a plan to destroy them with an "Obliterator Bot." Her fears were soon confirmed after Eggman kept Sonic and Tails up all night and revealed to Team Sonic that he lied about his lair to exhaust Sonic and Tails before summoning Obliterator Bot. However, the robot misheard Eggman and attacked his lair instead. Agreeing to help Eggman, Sticks, Knuckles and Amy distracted Obliterator Bot while the rest reached its kill switches, though they could not save the lair.
As Sticks, Sonic, Knuckles and Amy chilled on the beach, Tails showed them his universal translator UT. However, UT created tension between Sticks and the team by translating their private thoughts from the subtext of their speech. When Tails and UT returned the next day, UT "translated" their comments into insults. As everyone began to fight, Tails discovered this UT was a fake send by Eggman to tear them apart. While Tails left to save the real UT, Sticks and the rest stayed home, not thinking UT was worth it. Later, UT returned to give them message from Tails and translated it into a call to rescue him from Eggman. Attacking the lair, Sticks and her team freed Tails and beat Eggman's Mega. Still fed up with UT though, Sticks threw it into the sea against her team's wishes.
After Team Sonic saved the Village from Fire Bot, Sticks showed a kitten ill treatment, making her team convince her to get a pet to learn compassion. While out pet shopping with Sonic, Sticks chose a disgusting robo-dog she named "Buster". While Sticks loved her new pet, Buster annoyed her friends. After Buster ruined the team's attempt to stop a robbery made by Orbot and Cubot, the group tried making Sticks give up Buster, but she refused. Eggman then came by with a gift for Buster, revealing he made him. However, Eggman's gift turned Buster into a larger robot that caught the team, except for Sticks. Sticks got Buster under control though and had him release her friends and get rid of Eggman. Knowing Buster was too dangerous however, a sad Sticks released him.
While Team Sonic was in the Village as it was hit by meteors, Sticks used a defense system she had prepared to save the day. Later, she got a letter saying she had been nominated for an Awardy Award for saving the town. However, Sticks refused to go to the Awardy Awards in fear of embarrassing herself until Amy promised to teach her to be a lady. With Sonic as her escort, Sticks learned the basics, though she still struggled at the gala. There, she learned Eggman was also a nominee (by cheating). When Eggman lost the award to Leroy the Turtle and attacked with his robots, Sticks refused to fight since "a lady doesn't fight." When her friends got caught though, Sticks forewent her teaching, freed her team and drove Eggman off. Having saved the gala, Sticks took the Awardy Award from Leroy and promised Amy to teach her how to listen to one's instincts.
While Sticks helped Amy with the team's lunch, they met Eggman who wanted to hire Amy for a redecorating of his lair for Modern Lair Magazine. To Sticks' shock, Amy agreed, as she felt unappreciated by the others. Later, Team Sonic began to miss Amy, so they went to Eggman's lair to check on her. Eggman claimed Amy had chosen to stay, but the group did not believe it and broke into the lair where they freed Amy from prison, and Amy made peace with the others. Team Sonic then trashed Eggman's lair and his Badniks on their way out, costing Eggman his place in Modern Lair Magazine.
At Sonic's Shack, Sticks found some Evil Cookies which turned her into a clone of Eggman when she ate one. Now evil, Sticks joined Tails, Knuckles and Amy (who had also eaten the Evil Cookies) under Eggman's tutelage to plot Sonic's demise. When Sonic came to save them, Sticks and the team cornered him, only to start fighting over the honor for capturing Sonic. During the fight, Sticks and the others were returned to normal by Sonic and Eggman (who Sonic turned good with an Evil Cookie with his DNA). Eggman now thought they would work together, but Team Sonic did not like the idea, so Sticks restored the doctor to normal. Sticks later saw Sonic and Knuckles play coconut hurl with her team when Eggman dropped by to attack them with Cowbot, a robot that would create a massive explosion if destroyed. As such, Sticks and her team kept Cowbot down while Tails reprogrammed it, causing it to seek out and destroy Eggman, which forced Sonic to go warn the doctor.
When Team Sonic fought Eggman's Octopus Bot, they got caught in a rockslide caused by Tails' faulty Unbolterizer. After beating Eggman, Sticks grew distrustful of Tails, driving him away until he could fix his Unbolterizer. No sooner, the crew met T.W. Barker and his traveling circus who needed stand-in performers. Volunteering to help, Team Sonic gave a great show the same evening. Afterwards, Barker told Sticks and her team his plan to keep them as his performers and imprisoned them. Fortunately, they were freed by Tails. After dealing with Barker, Sticks apologized to Tails for doubting him.
While Sticks and Amy met Knuckles, who was upset over losing to Sonic, Sticks told him it was due to a shift in the luck balance of the universe and convinced him to inflict brutal misfortune on himself to burn through his bad luck. Tails and Amy tried convincing Sticks to talk some sense into Knuckles before he got hurt, but she had confidence in him. Sticks and her team later tried stopping Eggman as he invaded the island, but Knuckles' bad luck and Eggman's current good luck ruined their chances. To beat Eggman, they therefore let Knuckles temporarily join the doctor and have his bad luck cancel out Eggman's good luck, neutralizing them both. Soon after though, the team noticed Tails had gotten Knuckles' bad luck.
While outside, Team Sonic located a meteor crashing nearby which briefly knocked Sonic and Eggman out when they tried taking it. As Sticks continued her lazy days with her team, Eggman came, claiming he was Sonic in Eggman's body. Sticks did not buy it and drove Eggman off, but he soon returned with his army. During the fight though, Sticks and the rest met Tails who verified that the meteor indeed had swapped Sonic and Eggman's minds, and they used the meteor to reverse the process. After destroying Scorpion Bot, Team Sonic noticed Eggman was sinking into a slump which eventually made the doctor lose all motivation. As Sticks was driven nuts by Sonic who grew restless from the peace, Team Sonic tried to re-motivate Eggman by tricking Sonic to fight him. Though Sonic was not fooled as intended, their plan still got Sonic and Eggman to fight again.
As Sticks picked beige berries for a pie for the pie festival, Tails accidentally ruined the orchard with a machine he made to help her. Sticks thus had Tails replant the orchard while she and the team went to the festival, which Sticks won. Upon returning, Tails had left to join the Lightning Bolt Society and the seeds that had been planted had turned into mutant flora. While Sticks and Knuckles held the plants off, the others got Tails back, who destroyed the plants with his machine. While Sticks made up with Tails however, she still had him replant the orchard. When Sticks later helped beat Eggman and his Moth Bot, Eggman sued Sonic for breaking his neck unprovoked. During the trial, Sticks was interrogated by Eggman's lawyer, T.W. Barker, and accidently made the case worse for Sonic until Amy stopped the trial.
When pulling Tails away from his plane, Team Sonic found Eggman selling tomato sauce which they thought was poisoned. However, the sauce proved clean, so Sticks and her crew let Eggman keep selling it. Weeks later, while Sticks had trouble with her electronics, Team Sonic saw Eggman reveal on TV that his sauce cans had turned their electronics into robots to conquer the island. After fighting a small army, Sticks and her team took the fight to Eggman while Tails tried to reclaim his weaponized plane, but got overrun by Eggman's robots. Fortunately, Tails dropped by, snatched Eggman's controller and shut the robots down, just as Eggman ruined his plan by revealing it on TV.
As Team Sonic got attacked by Crab Bots before a game, they had Sonic stay put (Sticks in particular) due to the loud noise he had begun making when running. Eggman then appeared, claiming he did not start the attack, to help Sonic. Though Sticks insisted Eggman was untrustworthy, Sonic took his offer and soon returned with new shoes that muted his noise. No sooner, Eggman attacked with his Giant Robot. Sticks tried fighting it, but the robot only grew stronger the more Sonic ran with his new shoes Despite Sticks' skepticism, Sonic saved the team by overloading the robot with excessive running. During a movie night, Sticks and her friends were attacked by Eggman's Egg Tank. In their battle, a time loop was accidently created, making the day keep repeating itself. Aware of the events, Eggman eventually sought Team Sonic's help to stop the time loop. When Knuckles refused to seal the loop with a container since he had a dentist appointment the next day, Sticks pulled out his bad tooth which made Knuckles break the loop.
When a Granifer Giganticus attacked the Village, Sticks and Amy met up with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles (who awoke it). Realizing the rock monster was just trying to fall sleep, Sticks tried singing him a lullaby when it rejected Amy's. Despite her horrible, screechy singing, it made the rock monster sleepy. As Team Sonic relocated the rock monster when he blocked a road, Eggman appeared to try and capture him. While her team beat Eggman, Sticks was kidnapped by the rock monster who had her sing for him until she was saved by her team. They then lured the rock monster to Eggman's lair where they had him fall asleep to a recording of Sticks' singing. When Team Sonic fought Eggman again, Sticks saw Sonic and Eggman get trapped in Buddy Buddy Temple. As Knuckles and Amy argued over who should lead Sonic's rescue, Sticks stayed out of it until she, along with her team and Orbot and Cubot, fell into the temple as it caved in. Reuniting with Sonic and Eggman inside, the two got everyone to safety through a hidden path just in time, and Sticks left with her team.
While Team Sonic was at Meh Burger, Orbot and Cubot arrived, having left Eggman to be their friends, but Sticks remained dubious. Soon after, Eggman, Orbot and Cubot came for Team Sonic's help to stop a computer virus named Nominatus who had taken over Eggman's tech to destroy all life forms. Sticks thus helped keep the invading robots away until Tails, Eggman, Orbot and Cubot destroyed Nominatus. The battle over, Team Sonic ended their truce with Eggman. Having a dream which she took as a sign that aliens were coming, Sticks began setting up traps. After telling Sonic of her work when meeting him, Sticks accidentally caught Sonic and had some trouble freeing him. Soon after, Sticks and her team saved Sonic from Eggman's robots when they attacked him, before helping Sonic return a library book.
When Sticks met Amy as she was going to Hidden Meadows, she offered to teach her the survival skills for the trip. However, Sonic thought he was better for this task, so Sticks bet she could teach Amy better survival skills than Sonic could teach Knuckles. Agreeing to a race to Hidden Meadows, Sticks taught Amy what she needed. When the race began, Team Sticks' trip went smoothly. However, seeing the boys having trouble, Sticks and Amy tried fruitlessly to help them in various ways, until they got stuck in an abandoned missile silo. Though Sonic and Knuckles used this opportunity to head for the goal, Sticks got her and Amy out of there by riding a missile, which they used to reach the goal first before sending it back to its owner.
As Sticks and her team pranked Knuckles, they noticed Eggman's spy drone and gave it false information which they used to lure Eggman into a prank. With Sticks voicing the folly of machines, she inspired Eggman to give up technology, his lair included. Not long after, the island was randomly attacked by Eggman's forces, deployed by the Lightning Bolt Society. Though they tried to fight the robots at first, Sticks and her team went after the Lightning Bolts at Eggman's lair. After getting them out with Eggman's help, Eggman resumed his old life. While enjoying a game with her friends, Sticks heard from Amy that she was opening a better restaurant than the sloppy Meh Burger. Sticks served as a staff member at "Chez Amy" along with her team for a while, but left as Amy got crazy over her rivalry with Dave the Intern at Meh Burger, even by Sticks' standards. Regardless, Sticks and the team came to Amy's aid when Badniks attacked Chez Amy. After Chez Amy got destroyed, the team returned to Meh Burger as customers after helping rebuild it from an Eggman attack. Sticks was later out with her friends when they met the hip Swifty the Shrew, whom Sticks was quickly smitten with. This changed when Sticks saw how Swifty arrogantly challenged Sonic to a race where the loser would be banished from the Village. In spite of Sticks rooting for Sonic at the race, Sonic lost and was promptly banished. However, as Eggman appeared with multiple Swifty robots and revealed to Sticks' team that he orchestrated it all to leave the Village defenseless, Sonic was brought back and saved the day.
While home, Sticks saw a Cross Eyed Moose and believed her team had been cursed. As Sticks tried protecting her friends with traps, they went with her alternative to seek out a marmoset named Monkey-Boy to break the curse, whom Sticks begged into helping them. Given chores to prove their worthiness, Sticks worked without complains (unlike her team) until Monkey-Boy was attacked by Eggman. Making a deal, Team Sonic got rid of Eggman and in return, Monkey-Boy broke their curse. On their way home, Sticks almost believed they had been cursed again had it not been for Knuckles. Later helping her team prepare the Chili Dog Cook-Off, Sticks was set to enter with a special pepper she had bought from Mrs. Vandersnout, but realized thanks to Knuckles that it was a phony. At the cook-off, Sticks and her team noticed Knuckles had gone missing after leaving to find a new pepper. After looking for a day, Team Sonic found Knuckles, having fainted from eating a dream-inducing pepper.
When Sticks tried on Amy's behest to get ready for their girls' night out, Amy declare her a pack rat when seeing her stuffed lumber room. Against Sticks' wishes and refusal to give up her stuff, Amy thus began a yard sale with the team. To Sticks' horror, she later saw Amy had cleared the entrance to the evil Froglodytes' caves in her burrow. Despite the heroes' attempts, the frogs invaded Sticks' home and took her into their caves to be sacrificed to Froggy Moundious. Fortunately, her team rescued her. Resealing the caves again, Sticks and Amy had their girls' night out. To her anger, Sticks later found her property the site of a future mall, which had been approved by Knuckles while he filled in for Mayor Fink and recklessly approved bills. Sticks tried rallying her team against Knuckles, but was dismissed until he cast the Village into chaos. Allying with fellow-minded Eggman, Sticks and her team confronted Knuckles, during which his approval stamp ran out of ink. However, when Eggman took the stamp to control the Village, Sticks destroyed the stamp, and Mayor Fink returned to his position soon after.
Sticks later answered the call to stop an Eggman attack, only to hear to her shock when Sonic and Knuckles came that Sonic had called Mike the Ox "just a guy," which had upset the whole Village. Much to Sticks' dismay, she and her team were then dragged into Amy's sensitivity seminar with Sonic when the hedgehog tried to restore his image. Rejoining the seminar with Sonic after he got Mike injured by letting him join Team Sonic's fights, Sticks came along on a camping trip while Sonic decided to retire. When Sticks returned, she found Sonic back in action and beloved by the villagers again, though she would continue Amy's seminar.
Sticks was later shocked to find another Knuckles at the team barbecue. Figuring out this Knuckles was from a Mirror Dimension, Sticks was freaked out over having a counterpart. After the alternate Knuckles left to get the tech to get him home at Eggman's lair, Sticks, Sonic and Amy went to free him from Eggman's captivity after learning that having two Knuckles in one place was making them fade away and put their dimensions at risk of imploding. Convincing Eggman, they got the alternate Knuckles back and the tech to send him home. Another time, when Sticks enjoyed some commodities unintentionally given by Dave the Intern, she and her team had to step in when Dave imprisoned Eggman, seized Eggman's forces, and clumsily used Octopus Bot to attack them. Sticks thus kept Dave from hurting himself and others until Sonic came back with Eggman and stopped Octopus Bot.
On the day of New Year's Eve, Team Sonic helped decorate the village for the party, where Sticks was skeptic of Tails' decorating gadget, while fending off Eggman's Ball Bots. As Sticks celebrated New Year at the party, Eggman came and used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year. However, Sticks not believe Eggman's claims of victory, as it happened too fast for her to see. When the Justin Beaver fever hit the Village, Sticks was turned into a Justin fan girl by Amy, despite Sticks' contempt for capitalism, when Amy had her team hear Justin's mind control music. Now a mindless consumer, Sticks and Amy shopped for Justin's merchandise and his autograph. Ignoring reason from the guys, Amy and Sticks came to Justin's concert where he and Dreamboat Express had a sing-off. During the show, Sticks was freed from the mind control by Dreamboat Express, now Dude-itude, with no memory of what had occurred.
Sticks later came and helped foil Eggman's attack on Leroy the Turtle with Decimator Bot, when she learned that Tails had a crush on Zooey. As Tails sought advice on how to talk to Zooey, Sticks told him to perform a primal dating dance. However, Sticks' idea did not work. As Eggman began a new attack though, Sticks and Team Sonic stayed back on Tails' order and saw him stop Eggman while winning over Zooey in his own way. Another time, Team Sonic saw a photoshoot, during which Knuckles became famed as "Trash Can Head Guy" For a time, Sticks enjoyed the benefits of being a celebrity's friend. However, she and her team soon had to save Knuckles from an Eggman attack, orchestrated by Comedy Chimp after Knuckles became the host for the Comedy Chimp Show. In the ensuring fight at the studio, Sticks got Knuckles to rejoin the team. As they drove off Eggman, Knuckles renounced his fame in favor of his friends.
Sticks eventually met Sonic, Knuckles and Amy when they were helping Perci, but ran away screaming as soon as Perci greeted her. As Sticks later saw Tails demonstrate his Super Antenna, Knuckles took up inventing as a hobby. Sticks soon after came to the Robot Battle Royale when Knuckles got Tails to compete with him. There, Eggman won the tournament by seizing Tails' robot-controlling Hypno-bot in the finals, before using it to take over Tails' inventions. While Sticks helped her team hold off Eggman, Tails took Hypno-bot back and had it get rid of Eggman, only for Hypno-bot to be destroyed by a stray robot afterwards.
When Team Sonic endured a heatwave and had to deal with super-charged Badniks, they noticed the latter was acting haywire. Checking up on Eggman, they discovered he had captured the Archipelago Homeowners Association to avoid eviction. After freeing the prisoners, Sticks and her team left as Eggman and the association made an agreement. Sticks and the guys soon noticed Amy was into Fuzzy Puppies and ridiculed her, before resuming their routines and Eggman battles. When Sticks suspected something was happening though, the team investigated Amy and learned she was "Fuzzy Puppy buddies" with Eggman. Keeping an eye on the pair at Puppy Con, Team Sonic stopped a rockslide seemingly caused by the Lightning Bolts, only to learn it was a distraction Eggman staged while he stole a rare game piece. While Amy resolved the situation, Sticks stayed back.
Later beating Eggman again, Team Sonic complied to his wish for a fair fight by facing him one-on-one. On Sticks' turn though, she got fooled by Eggman who stole her cage. Though Sonic laughed at her and the team as they all got tricked, Team Sonic came to Sonic's aid when Eggman caught him with their own gear. By working together by switching out when needed, Team Sonic beat Eggman while keeping their deal. However, Sticks and co. still left Sonic encaged with Eggman to teach him a lesson. Following their millionth defeat of Eggman, Team Sonic got the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award. However, the team's horsing around made the mayor hire D.B. Platypus to make them better role models. Eventually, Sticks got fed up with Platypus' strict rules and left. However, she returned to fight Eggman as he was stealing a trophy. With her team kept from helping her fight by Platypus, Sticks flung Platypus away and distracted the nearby audience. Team Sonic thus helped Sticks beat Eggman and the team decided to resume their old ways.
While stuck in Amy's House during a storm, Sticks, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles drove Amy nuts with their antics. Finding Amy's secret script for A Rose Without Thorns, they got mad at Amy for her portrayals of them in it. With Amy mad at them too for reading her stuff, the team fell apart as they all began arguing. While Sticks, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles reconciled after a fight, Amy stayed mad since they had trashed her house, so they put up Amy's play for her as an apology. Though it worked, they and the audience still went to Amy's House as another storm arrived. Sticks later served as a judge and commentator for a dare between Sonic and Knuckles. As she declared Knuckles' defeat, the echidna was inspired to make amends with Charlie (which turned out horribly).
As Team Sonic helped Amy built a bookcase, they were attacked by Team Eggman, Eggman's league of villains. Seeing a Weasel Bandit steal Lady Walrus' purse, Sticks and Amy followed him, only to get ambushed by Dave and the Stunt Bears. After beating them, Stick regrouped with her crew as Team Eggman was defeated to play ball with Eggman as payback.
When Sticks came to movie star Tommy Thunder's new movie promotion with her team, they stopped Eggman's attack on a baker, inspiring Tommy to observe Sonic's heroics for his upcoming role. While Sticks was charmed by Tommy and his benefits, Tommy got Sonic to let him to hang around, although Tommy took credit for Sticks and her team's next victory over the Weasel Bandits. Still, Sticks was proud of Sonic when he finally let Tommy share the credit. As an asteroid was about to hit the earth and destroy civilization, Sticks and her team would build Tails' Solar Convergence Device and steal Eggman's Egg Rocket (since Eggman wanted the asteroid to hit so he could sell spots in his bunker to the villagers). Sticks and co. then sent Knuckles into space so he could knock the asteroid off-course with the SCD. Instead, he shattered the asteroid, leaving its pieces to rain down on them. Fortunately, Sonic used his speed and Amy's Hammer to deflect the pieces.
Noticing the local water was gone, Sticks tried bringing the indifferent news media into investigating her theories. Fed up with the fluff they gave her instead, Sticks compromised her ideals and began a podcast with Tails' aid to find the truth for the people. As Sticks' podcast grew in popularity after she uncovered Eggman as the water thief, the network offered her a TV news gig. Although Sticks accepted it to expand her audience, she soon became everything she had hated and briefly made the villagers revolt against the local powers. Then, after directing the villagers into stopping Eggman's latest plot, Sticks quit her job, leaving the news to the pros. Sticks later helped her team experiment on boosting Sonic's speed. When Sonic vanished while using Tails' Ultrasonic Speed Amplifier, Sticks helped herself to Sonic's stuff despite learning that he was only stuck on another plane of existence. As Team Sonic tried to bring back Sonic, Eggman used Sonic's absence to attack the Village. Sticks and co. thus held Eggman off while Tails retrieved Sonic, and together, the heroes beat Eggman's forces.
Sticks later learned that Sonic and Tails had betted to see if the latter could catch the former. She was soon after caught in one of Tails' traps while with Sonic and got left behind, but soon escaped and helped her team save Sonic when Eggman exploited Tails' capture of Sonic. Afterwards, Sticks was still mad at Tails, though she later saw him take his bet's punishment at Meh Burger Karaoke Night. After beating Eggman again, Sticks and co. would investigate seismic activity out at sea. There, they found Eggman generating a tidal wave underwater to destroy the Village. After getting stalled by the aquaphobic Sonic, Sticks and her team forced Sonic into the sea with the aid of Soar the Eagle's life-coaching. Remaining on standby with Tails, Sticks went underwater to bring an air hose to her friends after Sonic's got cut. As they then redirected the Wave Machine, Sticks went home with her crew.
While painting in the night, Sticks saw Dreamcaster, but her team did not believe her when she told them. Seeking proof, Sticks caught the robot hypnotizing the Village through TV broadcasts (which Sticks did not watch), but her attempt to warn people on TV were ignored. Put in jail by her team for vandalizing a TV studio, Sticks saw her hypnotized friends and villagers being used by Eggman to build a world-controlling satellite. Escaping jail and Dreamcaster, Sticks returned with tin foil hats that freed her team, who stopped Eggman while she beat Dreamcaster, thus freeing the villagers. Sticks also made peace with her team, whose disbelief was Dreamcaster's work. Getting introduced to Tails' new defense for the Village when Tails repelled Eggman with it, Sticks and co. beat Eggman and his Scorpion Bots at Tails' trophy ceremony when Eggman got past the defense in his Egg Tank and used it to attack the Village. Back in her burrow, Sticks got pestered by an odd-acting Tails until she discovered he was one of five Tails copies. Figuring out Tails had split himself, more copies were made when Team Sonic tried remerging them. Gathering the runaway copies, Sticks helped Sonic, Amy and Eggman catch those in Eggmans lair. In turn, Eggman helped fuse the copies back into the real Tails (who made Sticks flip out).
The Big Boom
While her team were fighting Dr. Eggman Sticks saw the Rock-cyborg rise up from underground beneath Tails' house and leave with the whole house. She soon found Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy and told them how Tails' house had been taken (initially referred to the house having been "robbed") While her friends tried to make a plan, Sticks found the Rock-cyborg's footprints and followed them while sniffing the grass, which made her team think she got the robot's scent. When she finally explained herself, she had lead the group to the Rock-cyborg. There, Sticks climbed up the Rock-cyborg to check Tails' gutters for wired tapes where she helped Tails knock the Rock-cyborg over as a part of the team's ambush, giving Sonic the chance to destroy it and bring Tails' house back on its foundation.
Not long after, Sticks faced Dr. Eggman's Big Boy mech with Sonic, Tails and Amy. During the battle, Knuckles appeared and trapped his own team, claiming he now worked with Eggman since was he tired of Amy's criticism, though Sticks went ahead and trapped herself in her own cage. As they were loaded into the Big Boy, Knuckles revealed to them that he was faking being Eggman's ally to fool him. As Knuckles left to defeat Eggman (after Amy and Tails convinced him that his plan was brilliant despite its flaws), Sticks freed Sonic who in turn broke them out of the Big Boy while Knuckles made Eggman retreat. Shortly after the team took care of Orbot and Cubot though, Sticks found Amy in a panic over having lost her hammer. Back at Amy's House, Sticks saw Amy sob over her loss which only was worsened by Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. To stop it, Sticks kicked the boys out to look for the hammer, while she helped Amy find a placeholder in her arsenal. However, Amy's failed to use them and only got Sticks and Knuckles injured. Fortunately, Sonic found Amy's Hammer and Sticks went home, where she found the Rock of Justice, an ancient "weapon" she had spent years searching for.
As her friends were cornered by Dr. Eggman's upgraded Big Boy, Sitcks came to aid them and announced she would defeat Eggman with the Rock of Justice, but no one believed it was the weapon she claimed it to be, but heroes and villain alike were unimpressed at the seemingly inanimate stone, and ignored her despite Sticks begging her team to use it. Frustrated at their ignorance, she demonstrated the Rock of Justice herself by throwing it at the Big Boy, causing it to ricochet into the mech and destroy it, and Sticks hailed the weapon to her flabbergasted team. After they scared Eggman and his lackeys off, Sticks received apologies and congratulations from her friends, but then discovered that the Rock of Justice's power was used up. After mourning her loss, Sticks was taken home by Tails and Amy, where she nonchalantly discarded the Rock of Justice in a pile of rocks.
Stick and her team soon came to help Sonic when Dr. Eggman attacked him with his minions, though they let Eggman escape. Later at Meh Burger, Team Sonic met Eggman again who sought their help to operate the rides on his Eggtoberfest, which Eggman hoped to gain the villagers' trust with. Sticks and her friends complied to it, though only to keep an eye on things, where they soon after found Eggman's army attacking the villagers. After defeating the army, Sticks and her team were hailed by the villagers.
Some time later, Sticks and the team arrived to defend Sonic when he was attacked by Eggman's Courier Robot. The robot then transformed into a video phone which Eggman contacted Team Sonic through to challenge them to a fair race in the Go-kart Pan-island Grand Prix. While the others accepted, Sticks objected it greatly, predicting it was a trap to copy their data with rigged scanners into one of Eggman's robots and that Eggman's kart would become a "dragon-mech". The next day, Sticks watched Sonic and Eggman's road brawl from the spectators stand, completely unsurprised that nearly all her predictions were correct (Eggman's kart changed into a spider instead of a dragon). Coming to Sonic's aid at the finish line, Sticks attacked Eggman when he was not looking, while her team distracted him in Tails' Plane. After Sonic won, the team joined the attack, where Sticks got sent flying into the jungle by a piece of debris when the mech exploded. There, she found a strange portal and was startled by some mysterious people emerging from it.
Worlds Unite and aftermath
Sticks retreated into the bushes as X, Zero and Axl of the Maverick Hunters emerged. Spying on the visitors, she attacked Zero when X suggested they asked around for some directions, ash she declared that she would not let them interrogate the villagers. After X explained that they came in peace, Sticks invite herself along on the robots' journey to bring down Sigma (Sticks guessed their mission, much to the surprise of her new allies). Taking a moment to grab Comedy Chimp and the Fastidious Beaver (much to the their confusion) to create "Team Sticks", Sticks took the group to Dr. Eggman's lair in search of a way to travel to different dimensions, where they encountered Orbot and Cubot. Upon being threatened by Zero, the duo complied to their demands and made a makeshift Genesis Portal with a machine in Eggman's lab, with Sticks and her allies joining the hunters on their adventure.
The group arrived on the scene at the very moment in which Sonic's World and Earth from the year 20XX were being fused together as part of the evil Sigma's plans. Caught in the middle of the ensuing chaos, Sticks and her allies hooked up with the heroes of the fused worlds, the Freedom Fighters and the Robot Masters of Light Labs, to begin their eventual attack on Sigma and his forces. Onboard the Sky Patrol, Sticks suspected Roll's broom of being an agent of Sigma and lured Roll to the ship's training room with it. There, she attacked the broom (and Roll) with all the room's equipment until Roll convinced her the broom was a double-agent on their side. When Sticks got to the Unified Army's war meeting, they were unexpectedly joined by the native Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, and Xander Payne, who informed them of Sigma's base on the Lost Hex. On their way, Sticks had a conversation with the alternate versions of her friends and Payne about secret societies until they met an army of Mechaniloids controlled by Sigma's brainwashed commanders, the Deadly Six.
While Sticks eagerly fought, she was unable to make her more cowardly team members join. She was then knocked off the Sky Patrol and into a Genesis Portal by Zomom, and ended up in the world of Street Fighter where she met Chun-Li. After some interrogation, Sticks convinced Chun-Li and her allies to join the fight against Sigma. Assembling a new Team Sticks, Sticks brought her allies to the Sky Patrol just in time to dispatch a wave of invading Mavericks. Unknowingly, Sticks inspired Sally Acorn to divide the Unified Army into smaller teams and follow the other Mavericks Sigma had sent to other worlds to stop them and recruit other heroes.
After following her new team back to their world to destroy a Unity Engine, Sticks accompanied X to the world of Monster Hunter where she got a Gore Magala to join them with babble. Slipping through an abnormality, Sticks then joined up with Axl in the world of Viewtiful Joe where she recruited Viewtiful Joe and Sexy Silvia as well. Sticks then reunited with the bolstered Unified Army for an attack on Sigma-2, who then emerged as Sigma-3 and took down the army. Though Super Sonic and Super Armor Mega Man beat Sigma, Sticks would have been destroyed when the damaged reality began collapsing, but Xander Payne undid Sigma's plans by changing history. Back home with her memories intact, Sticks told her team about her adventure, but none believed her. Nonetheless, she elaborated on the events for Amy, explaining about time paradoxes and nexuses of reality.
Other game appearances
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
In Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, Sticks is a playable character who can be unlocked with fifty Red Star Rings. In gameplay, her special power is "Protected Combo" which prevents the player's combo from resetting when running into enemies and hazards.
In later updates to the game, Sticks makes an appearance on the High Score menu, holding the seventh place with a score of 300,000 points.
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
In both versions of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Sticks is an unlockable character that is exclusive to the Archery event.
Sticks is energetic, free-spirited and primal like a wild animal. She has sharp animal instincts, is a fearsome combatant and tenacious hunter, and when angry she enters a feral frenzy. Because of her isolated life, Sticks has become off-kilted, obtuse, mental and just plain nutty, and she thinks others are living in an alternate world different from the normal one, something that unnerves friends and enemies alike. While Sticks knows that she is a kook, she does not like having herself and her ideas written off as crazy by default (as she often turns out to be right).
In spite of her background, Sticks is intelligent, especially when in her right element, though her manner of speaking comes off as strange to other people as she speaks in a primitive dialect she taught herself. Also, there is a definite method in much of her madness, and her hair-brained ideas can sometimes be strokes of brilliance that lead to solutions that no one else could have thought of. Due to living in the jungle, Sticks has no concept of formal behavior, a fact she is aware of and worries will embarrass her in fancy situations, and she is disgusted by anything cute, adorable and fuzzy.
While not a tomboy, Sticks is far from feminine and has no understanding of it. However, she does have her rare moments of girly-ness. She loves spending time in her burrow and returns to it for safety when a situation becomes too bizarre for her. Like Tails, she is passionate about arts and crafts and makes things from what she finds in nature. Unlike Tails though, Sticks considers technology her enemy under normal circumstances because it "can't be trusted." Regardless of standpoints however, she is willing to compromise her principles for the right reasons. She has also curiously enough displayed an unlikely amount of affection for otherwise dangerous or disgusting robots that she finds cute, such as in the case of Buster and D-Fekt.
Sticks' social skills need plenty of work. She always speak her mind, even if it comes across as socially uncalibrated, and her wildness sometimes gets her into trouble during social situations. Sticks is not the most trusting individual and is full of outrageous suspicions and paranoia (though her instinctive skepticism often turns out to be quite accurate). She is very superstitious and senses danger and conspiracies everywhere, which leaves her in a state of constant stress. As such, she has equipment prepared for even the oddest situations. While the concepts of sharing, compassion, and friendship are foreign to her, Sticks has a good heart and a genuine desire to get closer to Sonic and his friends, (though she is also completely comfortable being alone) and is fiercely loyal to them. She thus feels very hurt when her friends do not trust her enough her when she needs them to. However, her closeness to her friends also creates an internal struggle for her; on one hand she is not sure she can handle the life outside her burrow, but on the other hand she loves her friends and wants to hang out with them.
Powers and abilities
Sticks possesses unparalleled and quite accurate animal instincts. She has extremely sharp wilderness survival skills in various areas, such as creating shelters and fires, knot tying (being capable of tying an entire net in a flash), bird calls, identifying edible mushrooms, navigation, and time measurement without modern instruments. She is also an excellent swimmer who can pull off undersea traversing where regular people need wetsuits. Sticks is as well a talented hunter who can take down any prey with her signature equipment. Physically, Sticks is very swift and agile and has acrobatic skills on level with a circus acrobat, being capable of dodging successive laser shots and making high leaps with little trouble and minimal reaction time.
In battle, Sticks is a great warrior with fearsome combat skills due to her wild side. While proficient with several weapons (including expert archery), Sticks is most well-versed in the usage of boomerangs. She can throw boomerangs with absolute precision and without fail, including make-shift boomerangs made from things such as ladles and robot parts. Even without her weapons, Sticks is an adept martial artist and has descent skills in hand-to-hand combat. She is also skilled in weapon crafting, which is exemplified in the self-made weapons she uses. Also, while technology is not her forte, Sticks has some skills in programming missiles due to her past experiences of being caught in missile silos.
Sticks is armed with handmade weapons at all times, most notably a handmade boomerang that she keeps in tow which she uses for not only long-ranged attacks that pack significant power, but also as a melee weapon. She also has an arsenal of additional weapons available which include a crossbow, a slingshot, nunchucks, a bō, and a giant metal mace.
Among her new friends on Team Sonic, Sticks' best friend is Amy Rose, who is the one Sticks wants to get closer to the most. As a symbol of their friendship, they each own a joinable BFF necklace. When working together, Sticks and Amy are a solid team, displaying well-oiled collaboration in different situations, like combat and wilderness survival. While Amy helps Sticks adapt to civilization, Sticks is in turn willing to go to extremes to help and protect Amy, even when she doubts her. In fact, when Lyric the Last Ancient kidnapped Amy, Sticks immediately took off to save her without a plan or a clue. Also, just like Amy's shares her knowledge of civilization with Sticks, Sticks share her knowledge of the wilderness and the perks of instincts with Amy, showing that their relationship works both ways. Similarly, Sticks is willing to be the calm-minded one of them when Amy is in need of emotional support. Despite their differences, they also have girls' night out, showcasing a deep bond of acceptance.
Sticks herself holds Amy in high regard, viewing her as the smartest person around (even more so than Tails), and is more dedicated to Amy's finer instructions than the rest of her team. Their relationship is far from easy though, as Sticks has a hard time understanding Amy's civilized manners and attempts to have her act more lady-like, while Amy does not always concur with Sticks' primal and simple nature.
Regardless of her affection for her, Sticks does not always agree with Amy's bossy attitude, nor is she very fond of her ideas for group activities. There are as well times where Sticks may act inconsiderate towards Amy, though she still appreciates her as both a teammate and a friend, and will try making up with her whenever she has upset her.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Another one of Sticks' closest friends and teammates is Sonic the Hedgehog. Sticks and Sonic are rather alike in regards to how they "go running into danger without a plan, a direction, or a clue," though Sticks is usually kept in line by Sonic. In terms of leadership, Sticks accepts Sonic as her team leader, though she does not really trust him (or anyone in charge). Regardless, Sticks loves being friends with Sonic and enjoys hanging out with him, and will protect and help him the best way she knows how, even when he doubts her. Likewise, she truly appreciates Sonic for what he is willing to do for her sake. However, she does has her limits for how much of Sonic's snarkiness she can take and is not above putting him in his place when he deserves it.
Miles "Tails" Prower
Miles "Tails" Prower is one of Sticks' teammates and close friends, though there is an opposing dynamic between them. While Sticks is generally suspicious and has crazy ideas, Tails is an inherent optimist and relies on facts and science which causes a great deal of bickering between the two. This part of their relationship is even more strenuous due to Sticks' unease about technology, which Tails constantly uses. For some reason, she is also very much against having Tails lead her.
Like many of her friends, Sticks tends to distrust Tails due to her exceeding paranoia; once she even thought he was a double-agent. She also does not really acknowledge him as the smartest in their group (since she given that honor to Amy), although she still recognizes his skills and appreciates his aid. At the end of the day, despite their differences, Sticks loves having Tails as a friend and enjoys hanging out with him, and will protect him rather fiercely, even when he doubts her. In one instance, she even found him more adorable than tough. Also, despite their disagreements, Sticks always make peace with Tails sooner or later as they come to appreciate each other's differences and contributions.
Knuckles the Echidna
Knuckles the Echidna is another of Sticks' friends and teammates. Out of everyone on her crew, Sticks tends to treat Knuckles as a more disposable member, having suggested more than once to destroy him when she deems its necessary; once, when she thought Knuckles had appeared out of thin air, she wanted to kill him with fire. She will also not hesitate to violently assault Knuckles, usually when he has angered her or for a bigger cause, like pulling out his bad tooth.
Like her friends, Sticks does not find Knuckles very smart, although she is not bothered as much about it as the others. In fact, Knuckles is often the only one who believes in Sticks' theories. Similarly, Sticks has demonstrated remarkable confidence in Knuckles, namely when she was sure he could tip the luck balance of the universe in his favor before he got himself killed. While Knuckles still gets on Sticks' nerves sometimes, she nonetheless loves having Knuckles as a friend and enjoys hanging out with him, and will protect him rather fiercely when she wants to.
Like the rest of Team Sonic, Sticks' sworn enemy is Dr. Eggman. However, they have a rather complex relationship. On one hand, Sticks always fights Eggman to foil his plans for domination. When not fighting though, they keep a more passive relationship where they let each other be nearby without starting to brawl.
On her part, Sticks sees Eggman as a reasonable threat, having underlined how his robots destroy everything and put songs in people's head that they cannot forget. She also does not trust the doctor under normal circumstances when he claims that he is not up to something, noticeably even less than her friends, and instead suspects that he is up to something (which is usually correct). In spite of that, Sticks still thinks that Eggman himself is a total joke. Because of her constant victories over him, Sticks has a tendency to underestimate Eggman and forget how dangerous he can be.
Buster is a slimebot created by Dr. Eggman, and Sticks' former pet. Despite Buster's grossness and origin, Sticks loved him dearly and showered him with kindness, something which she has never done to anyone. Captivated by him on sight, Sticks finds him adorable since she is disgusted by cuteness. She was likewise protective of Buster, so much that she stopped being a hero to keep him safe. During their brief time together, Sticks made a strong bond with Buster. Initially, she choose him over her team, and when Eggman turned Buster against her, she refused to hurt him. In the end though, Sticks understood Buster was too dangerous, so it was with a heavy heart that she released him.
- Team Sonic
- Comedy Chimp
- Fastidious Beaver
- Unified Army
- Dr. Eggman
- Lyric the Last Ancient
- T.W. Barker
- Lightning Bolt Society
- "Because we're a team! We got beaten to the punch, or in this case, the kick as a team. We can raise our heads proudly, knowing we've traveled all this way, just to watch someone else finish the job. When we walk down the streets and the people whisper "Those are the ones who couldn't quite save the day, almost, but not quite" we will smile together because we didn't do it as a team! I finally understand teamwork... and it is beautiful."
- —Sticks' definition of teamwork, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
- "I knew it. He did have an Obliterator Bot. Why doesn't anyone ever believe me? Its not like I'm paranoid... (turns to her shadow) Stop following me!"
- —Sticks when her suspicions about Dr. Eggman is confirmed, "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?"
- "I knew you were coming, but you will never obliterate Sticks, because Sticks is un-obliertab... un-oblitab... un-oblite... You can't kill me."
- —Sticks talking to Obliterator Bot, "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?"
- "Why is the music controlling us? I'm not your puppet, music master. I'm not your puppet!"
- —Sticks, "My Fair Sticksy"
- "My breakfast is plotting to kill me."
- —Sticks, "Cowbot"
- "Okay Team Sticks. The first thing you need to know is survival skills aren't about crafting and making things pretty. It's using what you got."
- —Sticks teaching Amy about survival in the wilderness, "Into the Wilderness"
- "That'll teach you to team up with alien overloads, you robo-trash."
- —Sticks in her happy place, "Just a Guy"
- "This is just ridiculous! Everyone knows when the roboapocalypse arrives, it's the can openers that would transmit signals!"
- —Sticks going over her sense of logic, "Cabin Fever"
- "This is either a mirror or the portal to a parallel universe where my evil twin is trapped! Be gone evil Sticks!"
- —Sticks reflecting on the properties of her mirror, "Spacemageddonocalypse"
- "Oh, I figured everyone got blasted back to their own worlds. They probably don't remember it at all because of all the time-travel wibbley-wobbley. But you can't mess with the gooey essence of everything like that without changes happening, y'know? I bet there's still Genesis Portals out there! And there's probably even more worlds to explore! And I bet'cha at the middle of it all is some sort of nexus!"
- —Sticks theorizing about space-time and the multiverse, Mega Man #52
- Sticks has several differences from the other members of Team Sonic:
- She is the only member who does not wear sports tape.
- She is the only member who does not wear any gloves.
- She is the only member who does not wear a Communicator (this is because she does not trust technology). Instead, she uses an old-fashion telephone.
- She is the only member with a confirmed family member.
- Sticks can play the banjo.
- Sticks claims she only owns one outfit.
- It is said that Sticks cannot cook.
- Sticks claims that she never sleeps. However, there has been instances where she has ended up napping.
- Sticks is the only person in the Unnamed Village who does not own a television, mainly because she believes they are a conspiracy to control minds.
- Sticks has several times demonstrated her own battle cry which is a high-pitch shrill.
- As of Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, Sticks has seen a total of twelve ancient cities in her life.
- Sticks bears a very strong resemblance to Marine the Raccoon. As such, many fans initially mistook Sticks as a supposed Sonic Boom incarnation of Marine until she was revealed to be a new character to the franchise.
- Sticks bears a resemblance to Aika from Skies of Arcadia and Cham-Cham from Samurai Shodown. Both characters have similar hairstyles and wield boomerangs as their main weapons. Cham-Cham and Sticks also grew up and live around nature. Her resemblance to the former was hinted in Sonic the Hedgehog #275.
- Unlike the other main characters, as seen in the opening of the Sonic Boom TV series, Sticks is associated with the color green and not the primary color of her body.
- However, in Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal she is giving an aura based on her primary color like the other characters.
- Sticks is the first character not made by the Sonic Team or from the main Sonic the Hedgehog video game series to get her own wallpaper and profile on Sonic Channel.
- Sticks is currently the only character exclusively in the Sonic Boom series to appear in a game outside of her franchise.
- Sticks is the only main character from the Sonic Boom franchise who is a new character. All other main characters are new versions of their mainstream counterparts.
- Sticks claims that she is incapable of using the spin attack. However, she is clearly able to perform it in Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom. This is likely because the characters in this game all use the same basic moves.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Sonic Channel (Japanese). Characters: Sticks. Sega. Retrieved on 31 July 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 File:Sticks profile.png
- ↑ Sonic Runners
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 6.16 6.17 6.18 6.19 6.20 6.21 Kellie (29 May 2014). Introducing Sticks to the Sonic Boom Franchise. Retrieved on 30 May 2014.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Matt Santori-Griffith (23 February 2015). Inteview: SONIC Goes BOOM with Bill Freiberger. Comicosity. Retrieved on 24 February 2015.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (17 June 2016). Retrieved on 19 June 2016. “Elliot Matteson: Is it spoiler induced if I asked which of his friends whom Sonic met first? / Bill Freiberger: He met them in the order in which they appear in the games.”
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 2. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Polsky, Dave (15 November 2014). "Translate This". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 3. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Derrien, Jean-Christophe; Liemt, Romain Van (6 December 2014). "Eggheads". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 8. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Pugsley, Tom; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (31 January 2015). "Cowbot". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 11. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Milano, Dan (7 March 2015). "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 16. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Barichella, Thomas (28 March 2015). "Sole Power". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 19. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Tuber, Douglas; Maile, Tim (11 April 2015). "Sleeping Giant". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 21. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 Lieblich, Doug (18 April 2015). "The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 22. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (25 April 2015). "Let's Play Musical Friends". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 23. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 32.3 32.4 32.5 Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 July 2015). "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 29. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 39.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (12 September 2015). "Fire in a Crowded Workshop". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 43. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 46.2 46.3 Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 47.2 Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 52.2 52.3 Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 53.2 Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 Flynn, Ian (17 November 2016). "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 58. Boomerang.
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ 56.0 56.1 56.2 56.3 56.4 56.5 Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- ↑ 57.0 57.1 Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 Sonic Boom #1, "Getting a Little Boulder Part One of... Er... One"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #2, "Knuckleduster"
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 60.2 60.3 Sonic Boom #3, "Hammer Spaced"
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 61.2 Sonic Boom #4, "Sticks and Stones"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ 63.0 63.1 Sonic Boom #6, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part One"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #7, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #8, "Worlds Unite Part Two: Broken Heroes"
- ↑ Mega Man #50, "Worlds Unite Part Four: Death and Destruction"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles #1, "Sticks vs Roll"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #77, "Worlds Unite! Part Five: Everybody in the Same Boat"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #9, "Worlds Unite! Part Six: Fire in the Sky"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills"
- ↑ Mega Man #51, "Worlds Unite! Part Eight: Holes in Reality"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #78, "Worlds Unite Part Nine: Infinite Possibilities"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #10, "Worlds Unite Part Ten: Justice Across Worlds"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #275, "Worlds Unite Part Eleven: Killing the Giant"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #11, "True Stories"
- ↑ 77.0 77.1 SEGA (23 June 2016). Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Wii U. Nintendo. Area/Level: Collectibles (Flags). "A free-spirited badger who lives on the outskirts of the jungle. Sticks is a bit wild due to her woodland upbringing, but she's a talented hunter who can take down any prey with her trusty boomerang. She's also obsessed with things that glitter, and so has come to Rio after hearing she might be able to win a shiny medal."
- ↑ 78.0 78.1 78.2 SONIC BOOM. Characters: Sticks the Badger. Retrieved on 25 July 2014.
- ↑ 79.0 79.1 Q-N-C's Toy Shop, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
- ↑ 80.0 80.1 Sticks - Personnages - Sonic Boom (French). Retrieved on 22 December 2014.
- ↑ 81.0 81.1 Which Sonic Character Are You?. Facebook. Retrieved on 20 February 2015. “You are Sticks! You always speak your mind even if it comes across as socially uncalibrated. You are the wild one of the group, which sometimes gets you into trouble during social situations. You like your friends, but you are also completely comfortable being on your own.”
- ↑ 82.0 82.1 82.2 82.3 82.4 82.5 Harrison, Reid (9 May 2015). "Into the Wilderness". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 25. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (16 December 2015). Retrieved on 16 December 2015. “Alexander Soerensen: Why does Sticks not have a wrist communicator? / Bill Freiberger: She doesn't trust technology.”