This zone is set up in a high skyscraper city decorated with studio equipment and theater objects.
Here, the player runs down a neon sparkling broadway that includes gimmicks unique to this Zone; the TV broadcasting cars and popcorn machines. In the second half of this Zone, the gameplay changes to a chase battle between the player and a helicopter.
- Studiopolis Zone was the first new Zone revealed for Sonic Mania.
- Coincidentally, Studiopolis is also the name of the post-production studio that records voices for the Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Boom series. Christian Whitehead himself said that the developers had alternate names if the studio would not like their use of the studio's name.
- There are references and Easter eggs to previous Sonic and Sega games found around the Zone:
- The popcorn machine gimmick is based on the SegaSonic Popcorn Shop, an arcade vending machine released in 1993.
- The words "COPE" and "CPU" seen in the background of the Zone are references to the similar neon-colored words originally seen in Spring Yard Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog (1991).
- Television vans with the words "High-Class Hornet" are reference to the NR2003 Hornet from Sega's arcade racing game Daytona USA.
- Neon signs with the words "Pink Bot" (see the screenshot) refers to the similar "Pine Pot" signs featured in the first stage of Sega's side-scrolling beat'em up game Streets of Rage.
- The advertising sign with the words "Club Spin AGES" seen in the background of the Zone (see the screenshot) is a callback to numerous Japanese arcade clubs under the title "Club Sega". The part "AGES" itself refers separately to the playable character with same name from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed whose name is a reference to a past Sega motto.
- Large vintage televisions are shown having red, green and blue marks on them. These marks resemble the ones featured in the official logo of Sega Game Gear. The small red switch light on the left side is identical to the power light seen on the previously mentioned handheld console.
|This article or section about a game information is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!