|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this object before the Super Genesis Wave, see Summoning Spire (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
The Summoning Spire is an object that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was a device built by Dr. Eggman with the purpose of collecting the world's Dark Gaia energy.
Shattered World Crisis: Act One
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Summoning Spire's original timeline ended.
When the world broke apart, the ancient deity Dark Gaia was awoken prematurely, resulting in its physical form dissipating and its energy being spread across the planet. Dr. Eggman sought to gather this power for his own uses and created the Summoning Spire to collect the energy, while his refinery/amusement park Eggman Land processed it.
Shattered World Crisis: Act Two
Ultimately, the Summoning Spire inadvertently aided in Dark Gaia's resurrection by gathering enough of its essence for the deity to take physical form, and was subsequently destroyed when Dark Gaia arose.
- The Summoning Spire is based on the unnamed spire used to gather the scattered energy fragments of Dark Gaia in Sonic Unleashed. Also, although the Summoning Spire is built on Eggman Land in the Archie Comics, the spire in the aforementioned game does not appear to be located there.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Universe #84, "Eggman's Dozen Part Two: Power Meeting"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #266, "Ambushed! Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #267, "Ambushed! Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #83, "Eggman's Dozens Part One: Hostile Takeover"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #85, "Eggman's Dozen Part Three: Team Management"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #86, "Eggman's Dozen Finale: Synergizing"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #286, "Panic In The Sky Part Three: Colossal Crash"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #287, "Panic In The Sky Part Four: Finale - As Was Foretold"