"Sunblock Solution" is the fortieth episode of the anime series, Sonic X as well as the the second episode in the Egg Moon Saga. It first aired on 4 January 2004 and 18 December 2004 in Japan and the United States respectively.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Rouge the Bat
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Vanilla the Rabbit
- Christopher Thorndyke
- Chuck Thorndyke
- Mr. Tanaka
- Helen's mother
- Scarlet Garcia
- Doctor Eggman
- "Gotta Go Fast" - Opening theme (USA and CAN)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (AUS, NZ and UK)
- "Gotta Go Fast" (shortened) - Closing theme
Sonic's destruction of Eggman's Mirror Towers has made him a public enemy. Dr. Eggman begs the President to stop Sonic, explaining that he cannot do it himself because he got rid of his weapons to be a good citizen. GUN is dispatched to bring down Sonic, and the public--having been chased away from the Thorndyke Mansion by the Speed Team--pleads for Knuckles to stop Sonic. Meanwhile, Chris, Tails, and Amy resolve to chase down Sonic themselves and find out why he is seemingly acting against humanity.
Knuckles waits at a mirror tower for Sonic. The two are fighting when Chris and his friends arrive in the X Tornado, soon followed by GUN forces, who corner Sonic and demand that he surrender. Pressed for an explanation of his behavior, Sonic prompts the others to realize what he has already figured out: that if the moon is staying between Earth and the sun continuously, it is not actually orbiting in any normal pattern; Eggman must be controlling it.
Eggman confirms this theory when he confides it to Decoe and Bocoe; furthermore, his Sunshine Ball devices were also transmitting a subliminal message to support Eggman. The populace supports him wholeheartedly, and Eggman takes the President hostage. However, having explained their reasoning to GUN, Sonic and his friends are free to destroy the transmitter on the Egg Moon, restoring its orbit and the natural sunlight. Sonic himself frees the President, and Eggman is taken to jail.
- In the Japanese version, Eggman said it would take him a full year to fix the Egg Moon and restore the natural sun. In the English dub, he says nothing.
- In the Japanese version, Decoe and Bocoe give the satellite commands once it is in space, but the dub version does not.
- Five second of an elderly couple watching their TV is cut from the dub.
- In the Japanese version, Eggman offers to set up mirror towers around the globe. In the English dub, he does not.
- A text banner saying "DIAMOND STADIAM" is removed in the English dub.
- At the end of the episode, when Decoe and Bocoe revealed the TV with a show being called "Eggman X" (エッグマンX Egguman Ekkusu?), the Japanese version shows the Japanese Logo while the Dubbed version shows the English Logo.
Title in other languages
|French||Une affaire juteuse||A juicy affair|
|German||Die Sonnenfinsternis||The eclipse|
|Italian||Eclissi di Sole / Le sfere solari||Solar eclipse / Solar spheres|
|Spanish||Corporación Eggman||Eggman corporation|
|Russian||Корпорация Эггмана||Eggman's corporation|
|This article or section about a TV and comics information is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!