|Cause of |
The seven Chaos Emeralds
Golden white, gold
|Skills, powers and abilities|
|Moves and techniques|
Super Silver (スーパーシルバー Sūpā Shirubā?) is the Super State of Silver the Hedgehog. So far, his first and only appearance was in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). In the game after the final level, after being revived, Sonic transforms into Super Sonic and shares his power with Shadow the Hedgehog and Silver the Hedgehog. The three manage to defeat Solaris together.
Following the traditional Super State, visual changes to Silver while in this form include a bright golden-yellow color replacing his normally white fur, and his mane becomes a darker yellow color that floats up behind his head. Like Super Sonic and Super Shadow, he has ruby red eyes and his quills float, but with only his two back quills pointing up. The teal glow on his gloves, cuffs and boots turns into a bright yellow color as well and he gains a golden aura.
Powers and AbilitiesWhile in his Super State, all of Silver's innate abilities are vastly enhanced, giving Silver an exceptional increase in speed that reaches that of both Super Sonic's and Super Shadow's. He also has improved reflexes that allows him to keep up with his upgraded movements and those of his enemies and an increase in physical strength as well.
Besides increased physical abilities, Super Silver also possesses standard abilities of the common Super State. He now has the ability to fly in midair without the need of his psychokinesis and is virtually invulnerable to all harm, except from the attacks belonging to the strongest beings in the series, such as Solaris.
The power of Silver's psychokinetic abilities has also been increased following his transformation, allowing him to use empowered moves such as the Shield of Light, where he creates a large shield of telekinetic energy which can stop all projectiles within the radius and then throw them back a great distance.
Like most other Super States, Super Silver's weakness is that he needs Rings in order to maintain his own Super State. If he runs out of rings, he will instantly revert to his normal form.
- "I'll take care of this!" - Super Silver, when switching to him during the fight with Solaris.
- This is the end! Prepare to meet your doom!" - Super Silver when facing Solaris.
- "Good luck, Sonic!" - Super Silver when it becomes Super Sonic's turn to fight Solaris and when Super Sonic is fighting Solaris.
- "Hey, you're running short on Rings! Use the Triangle/Y button to switch with me!" - Super Silver when Super Shadow is running low on rings.
- "I will protect the future!" - Super Silver when attacking Solaris in the future.
- "Is it over?" - Super Silver, after defeating Solaris for the first time.
- Super Silver is the only character who can damage Solaris before any of its shields are destroyed.
- Silver has yet to use this Super State in another game, as well as use it by himself.
- It is possible that Silver actually knew he had a Super State, as when he transforms, he is not astonished. However, neither was Shadow when he transformed for the first time.
- The artwork of Super Silver on the Sonic Art Assets DVD is almost the same as Silver's official Sonic Rivals 2 artwork. The only differences (other than the color) are that Silver is reaching up with his right hand and that the expression on his mouth is different and his two big quills are sticking up slightly.
- Super Silver is the only character whose Super Gauge was pre-filled in the Solaris fight.
- In the scene where Silver transforms in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), there's nothing on his gloves and his eyes are missing. However, the in game character model and in all cutscenes past Wishing Upon the Chaos Emeralds show that Super Silver has red eyes and that the symbols on his gloves now glow a shade of gold instead of their usual cyan.
- Super Silver is indirectly referenced in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, in the Chaos Emerald part of the journey, where it states that Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, and a variety of other people have been known to use the power of the Emeralds to achieve powered up states.