|Super Sonic Boost|
The Super Sonic Boost in Sonic Unleashed.
|Statistics and Overview|
A high powered boost, where the users surrounds themselves in a powerful aura, into the foe.
The Super Sonic Boost (スーパーソニックブースト Sūpā Sonikku Būsuto?) is an attack used by Super Sonic and Super Shadow where they surround themselves in a fiery aura and strike at the enemy. The move was first used by Super Sonic against Perfect Chaos in Sonic Adventure, but it was not actually given a name until Sonic Unleashed. Originally the move was activated automatically when Sonic gained enough speed, but in recent games it is activated by pressing a button.
When performed, the user surrounds himself in a powerful fiery aura of Chaos Energy (where the known color is either blue or yellow) and flies into the target at incredible speed, resulting in a quite devastating impact that can stun creatures as large as Perfect Dark Gaia. As seen in Sonic's case, the Super Sonic Boost can be performed for unlimited time (or for as long his can maintain his super transformation) as Sonic's Boost Gauge is given unlimited amounts of energy from his super transformation.
Performing the Super Sonic Boost also appears in certain situations to make the user unaffected by attacks: As seen in the Sonic Advance series and the Sonic Rush series, the Super Sonic Boost allows the user to pass harmlessly through most of the final boss attacks without any side effect. In recent games, the Super Sonic Boost can also attract nearby rings, similar to the regular Sonic Boost. In Sonic Adventure, when Super Sonic has gained enough speed, he will gain a blue, funnel-like aura. Altough it is not called the Super Sonic Boost, it is referred to as "a bolt of lightning" by Tikal. This variant seems rather different than a normal Super Sonic Boost.
The apparent drawback of the Super Sonic Boost however, seems to be that it requires a significant amount of energy to be performed. As seen in Sonic Unleashed (PS2/Wii), the Sonic Riders series, and Sonic Generations, performing the Super Sonic Boost tends to drain Sonic's ring count significantly faster, thereby shortening the time he can maintain his super transformation.
How To Perform
In Sonic Adventure, the earlier variant of Super Sonic Boost can be activated automatically only when the player has gained enough of speed. The player is able to jump forward, while also find Dash Panels to reach maximum speed.
|Activation (Dreamcast Only)|
|Activation (GBA Only)|
|Activation # 1||Activation # 2|
|Activation # 1||Activation # 2|
To activate, the respective button needs to be pushed when the gauge is full when using Super Sonic.
|Xbox 360 Activation Button||PlayStation 3 Activation Button|
Press & hold the boost button with 10 or more rings (for Wii/PS2 version).
|Xbox 360 Activation Button||PlayStation 3 Activation Button||PlayStation 2 Activation Button||Nintendo Wii Activation Button|
|Shake the Wii Remote|
- Sonic Riders - Ride the Chaos Emerald Extreme Gear and press the boost button.
- Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - Ride the Chaos Emerald Extreme Gear and collect 60 rings.
- Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Use Sonic's All Star move and press the item button while Super Sonic.
- Sonic Colors - In the DS version, press and hold to charge up, and release to make Sonic fly forward and deflect meteors. This also draws in nearby rings. Also, phase two of the Nega Mother-wisp battle locks Super Sonic into a boost. For some reason, ring consumption actually stops completely during this phase. In the Wii version, when activated, the Boost Button is used. Super Sonic has infinite Boost in the Wii version.
- Sonic Free Riders - Ride the Chaos Emeralds Extreme Gear and kick-dash when Sonic has 30 or more rings.
- Sonic Generations - In the final battle, press and hold the boost button. Modern Super Sonic has an infinite boost when used during the levels, like in Sonic Colors. However, it drains rings at a faster rate than normal, making the time as Super Sonic shorter unless playing the final battle. In the 3DS version however, Modern Super Sonic can boost infinitely without any effect on ring consumption.
- Sonic Lost World - Pressing the spin dash button (L trigger), will let Sonic boost immediatly. This does not drain rings quicker, unlike other games.