Sonic the Hedgehog 4
|Sylvania Castle Zone|
Sylvania Castle Zone
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
First (Sixth of Full game)
|Number of acts||
Sylvania Castle is a zone that appears in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II. It's the first stage of the episode and the sixth of the full game. It is preceded by E.G.G. Station Zone from Episode I followed by White Park Zone. As the name implies, it is an ancient castle that is full of traps by a lake that has fallen into despair and has flooded through the years. The stage's appearance is a hybrid between Aquatic Ruin Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Marble Garden Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3. It even takes an idea from both of the zones with the underwater sections from Aquatic Ruin Zone and the spinning wheel obstacle from Marble Garden Zone.
In the deep forest, an old castle is located by the lake. Despite its magical appearance, traps like floating pillars, made to protect the castle, will await the duo.
- Act 1 - A New Frontier
- Act 2 - Sunken Ruins
- Act 3 - Moonlit Realm
- Boss - Dueling Eggman's New Creation
Act 1 - A New Frontier
After destroying the E.G.G. Station in Episode I, Sonic comes across Tails once again. Relieved that Eggman has failed again, the duo decide to take a break aboard the Tornado, chatting about Sonic's adventure. They soon come across an old abandoned castle, flooded with water. They decide to land on the grassy lands, trying to see what might unveil there.
Act 2 - Sunken Ruins
After treversing through the outer parts of the castle, Sonic and Tails find themselves inside the water ruins. Many elements from past games appear here.
Act 3 - Moonlit Realm
After escaping the sunken ruins, Sonic and Tails come across a place near the castle filled with lots of pillars and huge buildings, with a beautiful night sky falling apon them. (The Death Egg mk.II Zone can be seen in the background of this stage)
- The name of this stage may be a shortening of Transylvania. Also, "Sylvania" literally means "forest land" in Latin, as the ruined castle is surrounded by a dense forest.
- The level also bears a strong resemblance to Kingdom Valley in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). Kingdom Valley was often noted as somewhat resembling Aquatic Ruin Zone.
- As the player progresses from Act 1 to Act 3, the setting of this stage changes from day to night. This is similar to Splash Hill Zone from Episode I where the stage started out as bright daylight until the third act which changes to a sunset setting.
- It is noted that Act 2's music contains nods to Aquatic Ruin Zone as well as Sonic & Knuckles' Flying Battery Zone.
- Act 3's Music sounds similar to the Shop Menu in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.
- Based on the map showing the castle near the Litttle Planet, it can be presumed that the castle is located near Never Lake.