|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see T-Pup (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
T-Pup is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a small, canine-like robot built by Miles "Tails" Prower at his workshop on Cocoa Island. He has since operated as a support unit to the Freedom Fighters, usually accompanying his master into battle.
T-Pup resembles a disproportionate, goofy, robot Chihuahua. His coloring is light orange and grey and he has grey eyes. His head is roughly the same size as his body and he has large eyes, a large metal muzzle, a thin tail with a metal sphere at the end and a pink tongue.
Tails created T-Pup with Nicole's assistance, and later put him to use on Cocoa Island, where T-Pup took part in Tails' campaign against the invading Battle Bird Armada. He aided Tails in a number of challenges, including helping him defeat the villainous Dr. Fukurokov. Later, when Rotor the Walrus left Mobotropolis to oversee completion of the Sky Patrol, he apparently took T-Pup with him.
- Note: Due to the Genesis Wave, T-Pup's history from this point were changed to be nearly identical to that of his game counterpart's.
In the alternate version of Sonic's World created during the second Genesis Wave, T-Pup apparently still existed, as Tails mentioned that Mega Man's robot dog Rush reminded him of T-Pup. Sonic the Hedgehog's attempts to undo the reality-alteration would later be interfered by Dr. Eggman, resulting in T-Pup's world being restored in an unstable state.
The Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where T-Pup's original timeline ended.
When Sonic, Tails, and Nicole arrived in the Mystic Ruins to search for Rotor, Tails and T-Pup shared a happy reunion. T-Pup then joined the trio in their quest to find the other Freedom Fighters. When the group reached Metropolis Zone, T-Pup was left to pilot the Tornado while Sonic and Tails successfully sought out Bunnie. The five were caught by the Metropolis Egg Army in the process, but they managed to fight their way out and rendezvoused at the Tornado, still flown by T-Pup, before escaping back to the Sky Patrol. He remained aboard the Sky Patrol as the Shattered World Crisis began, and flew into action alongside his master when the Freedom Fighters launched relief efforts in Station Square. T-Pup was also called into action alongside Omochao, Cheese, and Big the Cat as Cream the Rabbit led them to the rescue of Team Freedom and Team Fighters in Soumerca. He later joined in the defense of the Sky Patrol from Dark Gaia Creatures just prior to receiving Dr. Ellidy's distress call, and sustained damage that Tails noted would need to be repaired.
T-Pup acts much like a household dog, panting with its tongue held out, yipping and yapping, whining when scared, sad or damaged, growling at enemies and even seen sleeping at the foot of Tails' bed. It does seem to have something of a greater personality than a pet.
Powers and abilities
T-Pup is capable of flight via a propeller that comes out of its back and also has a variety of both high-tech equipment for field missions and basic functions. For example, he can project holographic images with his eyes and can also use them to cast light. He is also capable of swimming and diving underwater.
- T-Pup is based upon the Remote Robot robot from the video game Tails Adventure.
- T-Pup seems similar to Goddard, a robot dog from the Jimmy Neutron series.
- ↑ Sonic Super-Sized Comics Digest #11, "Sonic Comic Origins - Nicole"
- ↑ Tails Adventure
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #253, "Countdown to Chaos Part One: The Builder"
- ↑ Mega Man #26, "When Worlds Collide Part Seven: Evening The Odds"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #255, "Countdown to Chaos Part Three: The Rabbot"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #256, "Countdown to Chaos Finale: The Princess and the Hammer"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #257, "Damage Control"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #267, "Ambushed! Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #71, "Spark of Life Part One"