|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
You're not gonna pull one over on T.W. Barker. No sirree!
— T.W. Barker, "Dude, Where's My Eggman?"
T.W. Barker is a minor antagonist in the Sonic Boom television series. He is an anthropomorphic wolf, entrepreneur and professional con man. He is also the ringmaster of T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders, a circus that holds performers against their will.
T.W. Barker is a humanoid wolf about as tall as Knuckles with a medium-broad chest area and shoulders. He has dark grey fur with light grey fur on the tip of his bushy tail, triangular ears, medium-sized muzzle, and as a stripe down the middle of his head. He also has cheek tufts, noticeable fangs, a pointy black snout and orange eyes.
His attire consists of a white shirt with a red bow tie, a red jacket with darker cuffs and collar and yellow epaulettes, black boots, white gloves, and a black top hat. While working as a lawyer, he wears a dark blue jacket from a suit.
While in the Village, Barker observed the Eggmobile that had been put on sale by Orbot and Cubot. Buffing that he thought Orbot and Cubot were trying to con him, Barker offered them a deal: he could take the Eggmobile out for a test drive and the duo could name their price. As Orbot agreed to it, Barker left with the Eggmobile, though Orbot and Cubot did not realize until much later that he stole it.
Eventually, Barker's performers escaped him. Hearing of Team Sonic, Barker set up a trap to make them a part of his circus. Encountering Team Sonic (excluding Tails) under the pretense that it was by accident, Barker lied to them upon his introduction that his performers were ill and could no longer perform. As he had planned, Team Sonic helped fill in for his performers at his next show. Afterwards, Barker revealed his true intentions and imprisoned Team Sonic in special cages with some Motobugs he had ordered standing guard. However, Barker's plans were foiled by Tails. After Sonic trapped Barker in a cage, Barker begged for the heroes to release him.
Barker was later hired by Dr. Eggman as his lawyer when the doctor sued Sonic for injuring him. With his skills, Barker convinced everyone in the court that Sonic was a malicious outlaw bend on harming the innocent Eggman. However, Barker's efforts would come to naught when Amy exposed Eggman for faking his case. During the "battle of the buns" between Chez Amy and Meh Burger, Barker would come to the former for a meal. Barker later joined the New Year's Eve party held in the Village Center where he got to see Soar the Eagle at work.
Some time later, Barker came to the auditions for Bro-Down Showdown alongside his partner Wolfie. However, the pair were rejected by Dixon for being "too ugly." Instead, Barker spent some time watching the show live. Barker would later visit the Village Center in time to see Sonic clear his name after being accused of thievery. Another time, Barker visited the Robot Battle Royale to watch the tournament, where he saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypno-bot at the end.
Called to a meeting held by Eggman at his lair with other local villains and rogues, Barker came with his Stunt Bears. There, Eggman wanted them to form a team to beat Team Sonic. After some leadership disputes leading to team exercises, Barker opted for Eggman's leadership so the group could prove themselves after Shadow the Hedgehog had left the group criticizing them. At their attack on Team Sonic, Barker faced Knuckles in Octopus Bot upon the Tree Spy's signal, luring the echidna away from his team. However, he was still beaten.
T.W. Barker is very sly, sinister and devious wolf. A smooth talker, he is quite sharp and manipulative, having presented himself as a proper gentleman and selfless entertainer to earn others' sympathy, tricked Orbot and Cubot into letting him steal the Eggmobile, and deceived an entire courtroom in his favor. According to himself, he is also not easily tricked himself.
Barker is extremely selfish, proud and has no regard for others. He will his performers against their will to keep them working for him and leaves his henchmen to fight while escaping himself, hinting at somewhat cowardly nature. When he loses his composure, he is rather short-tempered, loud and kind of degrading, desperately begging Team Sonic not to leave him trapped when they departed.
Powers and abilities
T.W. Barker is a very crafty conman and a well-educated lawyer with a silver tongue. Using simple wits, appeal, verbal traps, and mind games, he can easily win over his victims' trust and turn an otherwise iron-clad argument in his favor. As a testament to his skills, he was able to trick an entire courtroom into supporting him and Eggman without much effort. He is also a versatile pilot, piloting the Eggmobile and Octopus Bot without any difficulty.
- T.W. Barker's name is a reference to P.T. Barnum, a master of the Circus arts and was even called the "Circus King".
- T.W. Barker has his own action figure.
- According to Bill Freiberger, Barker, like Dr. Eggman, thinks the Lightning Bolt Society are a bunch of losers.
- T.W. Barker is the first villain in the Sonic Boom television series besides Dr. Eggman to directly antagonize Team Sonic.
- According to Bill Freiberger, T.W. Barker's initials do not stand for anything as of yet.
- Bill Freiberger has revealed that T.W. Barker will return in season two of Sonic Boom.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Let's watch Sonic Boom! Episode 29 ~Curse of the Cross-Eyed Moose~. YouTube (17 July 2015). Retrieved on 19 July 2015.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (29 June 2016). Retrieved on 1 July 2016.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (11 October 2016). Retrieved on 12 October 2016. “Robin McCormack: Will TW Barker and the Stuntbears return in Sonic Boom Season two along with others? / Bill Freiberger: We will see TW Barker, the Stunt Bears, and DB Platypus as well as many returning and new characters.”