|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Tailsmobile, also referred to as the Hovercraft, is a vehicle that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. It is the personal hovervehicle of Miles "Tails" Prower and a very treasured creation of his.
The Tailsmobile is very similar to an airboat. A two-seater vehicle, the Tailsmobile has a rectangular and thick black outer rim, a yellow metal coachwork with a single light on the front and a large vertical arch on the rear containing a metal cage with a propeller resembling Tails' twin-tails. The instrument board is made of wood with a couple of measuring needles and a joystick for direction controls. Forming the framework of a canopy over the seats are wooden sticks bound together. For feet, the Tailsmobile has two metal stilts.
Features and abilities
The Tailsmobile is capable of hovering in midair and can be used for high-speed travel on both the sea and in midair. It also comes equipped with a miniature milkshake automate. While it can be commandeered manually, the Tailsmobile has been fitted with voice-activated controls, although this system has some kinks that cause it to glitch.
In terms of armaments, the Tailsmobile comes equipped with a net cannon which can shoot large nets (complete with suction cups for sticking to surfaces) to trap foes. The Tailsmobile can also be fitted with blasters, enabling it to shoot lasers.
When it was discovered that Sonic and Eggman had switched brains, Tails used the Tailsmobile to bring the meteor responsible for this to them to reverse the process. The vehicle was later used Tails when he dropped by Sticks. Another time, Tails demonstrated the Tailsmobile's new voice-activated controls to Sonic when it drenched the latter upon his request for a drink. As Tails then heard a deafening sound when Sonic left, his yelp made the Tailsmobile go out of control and drive into a lava pit, but Sonic got back in time to knock both Tails and the vehicle back on solid ground.
While goofing off, Sonic and Knuckles used the Tailsmobile as a high-speed carousel until Sonic had to go return a book. A few minutes later, the Tailsmobile was used by Tails to defeat Eggman's robots when they attacked Sonic. The Tailsmobile was later used in an unorthodox manner by Team Sonic during a heatwave to cool down Tails' House. Though its fan would blow around everything and everyone inside the house, Team Sonic ultimately found it enjoyable.
The Tailsmobile was taken for a ride by Tails when Vacuum Bot attacked him and Sonic. Though Vacuum Bot kept the vehicle in place, the robot was soon destroyed by Sonic. Tails later tried using the Tailsmobile's net cannon to capture some Froglodytes in the Unnamed Village, but the toads proved too slippery for the vehicle's net to hold them.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
In Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, the Tailsmobile (referred to as the Hovercraft) appears in some of the bonus levels. Here, the player takes control of a Tailsmobile equipped with blasters that must be sailed to the end of a iceberg passage filled with destructible ice bergs, indestructible mines and whirlpools to collect a Trading Card before time runs out. The remaining time is displayed by the gauge in the top right corner of the screen, and taking damage drains it faster. However, the time limit can be increased by collecting watches. In gameplay, use the Circle Pad to steer the Tailsmobile, press to shoot its lasers, and press the R Button to boost its speed.
- The Tailsmobile's propeller is similar to the one for Tails' Plane.
- The Tailsmobile's horn plays the La Cucaracha.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger (28 March 2015). Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter. Retrieved on 29 March 2015. “Elliot Matteson: Why was Tails risking lave related death when he can just undo his seatbelt and fly out? / Bill Freiberger: He would never abandon the Tailsmobile when it was in danger.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Barichella, Thomas (28 March 2015). "Sole Power". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 19. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Flynn, Ian (18 February 2017). "Og Man Out". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 67. Boomerang.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Milano, Dan (7 March 2015). "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 16. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (1 April 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Flynn, Ian (17 November 2016). "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 58. Boomerang.