This talk page has Archives:
- When was the 1st time the yellow version of Tails came out in a Sonic cartoon?
- How did the Tails doll came about?
That's all. Please answer ASAP.
The Aussie Wannabbe!!! 08:25, December 22, 2012 (UTC) The NO 1 Tails Fan.
- I bet it was in Sonic Adventure Tails became yellow
- I'm not sure but Tails doll but I do know this 1st time being in a Sonic game was in is in Sonic R.
- No; it was going to be Madonna. 22:53, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
- That's not even ture at all. O_O weird, Tails10546 (talk) 22:11, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I beilieve the rumor was derived from the Game Gear Sonic 2. In this Tails is kidnapped in the begining much as many damsels were in games made in that time, Tails also only blinks with one eye so it looks like he's winking which was commonly acociated with females at the time. His name is also not given for most of the game. Through this players who never played the Genisis Sonic 2 were led to believe that Tails was a female fox and Sonics love intrest. This Rumor spiraled out of control when the concepts for madona and Tiara were released publicly and now many gamers believe that tails was one of the many early ideas for sonics love intrest that ended up redisigned into a male sidekick in the final cut. The myth was never suported by anything other than conjecture from the Game Gears Sonic 2 game. I'd like to work that into some part of tails's page but I'm not sure if it would count as part of the characters reception.Neko Vira (talk) 20:37, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
I noticed something about Tails' personality I wanted to bring up.
At the beginning of Sonic Chronicles, if you talk to Rouge before meeting Tails, she'll say that she won't let you pass without having Tails with you. If Sonic chooses to ask why, she'll say that this is "Tails' show" and that he has learned a lot in Sonic's absence. If you then talk to Tails, he'll say that he has had to learn to do some things for himself since Sonic left, and it has made him feel more independent.
I then noticed that in most console games since then, this also holds true. In Unleashed, Colors, Generations and especially Lost World, Tails seems to be acting on an equal level with Sonic, unlike in previous games as a sidekick. In Colors, Tails spends the game working on his translator in order to give Sonic information on what to do. He sometimes will not pay attention to what Sonic is doing while he is working, and even corrects Sonic when he feels that Sonic is downplaying his contributions. In Lost World, Tails shows moer confidence than in any other game. He boasts about his achievements at the beginning of the game, creates a fierce rivalry with Eggman (and outshines him), and gets into a heated argument with Sonic, three things that the Tails from before Chronicles wouldn't do.
It's really cool to see this confidence boost in Tails, and to see character development that spans multiple games.