The following section has been removed from this article:
- The members of the Sonic Underground seem to have ESP or some other kind mental link. Most examples of this are them being able to play the same song in perfect harmony without rehearsing, and sometimes when they're miles away from each other. Also, when Sonia points out that she has a photographic memory, her, Sonic, and Manic all get the same idea at the same time, and the brothers smile and say "CHEESE!"
I have removed this for a few reasons. Firstly, it is largely speculative, and the evidence provided is mostly circumstantial. In musicals, the ability to sing the same song in perfect harmony without rehearsing and not even being near each other is completely normal, but it doesn't indicate ESP. Look at any Disney movie, or any Broadway show. Also see this page for a discussion of the subject, some theorising and some specific examples.
Furthermore, regarding the camera example, sometimes people that know each other very well simply do get the same idea at the same time, particularly in response to specific stimuli. This is particularly common with twins (or triplets_, who will usually have had the same life experiences up until a certain point so will make the same neurological connections. This happens in real life, and indicates a very profound shared understanding and worldview, but does not indicate ESP.
In contrast, if they do have ESP that operates over long distances, why don't they ever use it outside of songs? There are plenty of situations when two of the hedgehogs are searching for the other one, or when they need to deliver information to the group - with ESP surely this would not be necessary.
I just think you're looking for an in-universe explanation for something that is largely an out-of-universe phenomenon to accommodate the musical genre to the series. -- Supermorff 10:46, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
Disney movies are stupid, they make no sense whatsoever, same with Broadway shows.
I know triplets and even quadruplets, they never EVER know what each other are thinking.
ESP doesn't work that way, you can't just turn it on and off. You know how I know this? My father and I share a mental link, but it's never anything helpful. It's stuff like "Will I ever get to meet extraterrestrial life?" or "Taste-buds are interesting". We always think this stuff at the same time, even when we are hundreds of miles apart.
What I'm trying to do, is inform people that these three obviously have ESP
- You know all of the triplets and quadruplets in the world, huh? That's impressive.
- Whether you think Disney movies and Broadway shows are stupid is irrelevant, because I was using them to demonstrate the conventions of the genre.
- Are you aware that there are substantial cash prizes available for anyone who can prove such a thing as ESP? If what you say is true, you should definitely claim one. -- Supermorff 07:53, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- At what point exactly did I say I knew "all of the triplets and quadruplets in the world", dumbass?
- Were you aware that those substantial cash prizes will never be claimed, because ESP is impossible to prove in a controlled environment?
- I don't care what your "ideals" are, I'm putting that section back up. Sonic says "Do what you truly thinks is right", and what I truly think is right is informing people with accurate and up-to-date information, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what the concept of this entire site is.
- My name is SalaComMander, and my job is to make sure NOBODY is messing around here. NO FALSE INFORMATION 02:02, June 11, 2010 (UTC)