Well, personally, I see no need for two articles for the same game. Yeah, it has a few differences, but, it's the same game, none-the-less. Same plot. Same characters. Similar, if not the same places. Just make note of the differences between the two version in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. SLJCOAAATR Soul 19:04, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- I tend to disagree, because in general I think anything sufficiently different should have its own article. In my opinion, they are sufficiently different (unlike, for example, the American and Japanese versions of the game for the same platform). -- Supermorff 19:33, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
so they have different bits...doesnt look different to me...artemis fowl 3--Meowmix5 19:20, 1 May 2009 (UTC)meowmix5
- Even Sonic the Hedgehog series seems to think they are different games, with different plots and everything. -- Supermorff 20:12, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
If it takes up too much space or something or is just not needing two articles, then I think it should be merged. Please don't judge me.--Akaila 15:19, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- I personally think that Yes, it should definately be merged. What about the page histories, though?--The prefessional launchballer is The Duchy of Effenhauer Junior and is very resourceful. 06:18, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
The games are very different to each other and shouldn't be merged as that will take up way to much space on one page. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 17:56, 17 June 2009
19:30, 17 July 2009 (UTC)THE TROLL Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales Thetalktemplate TTT
|I couldn't disagree much more. As long as the differences are scrutinised and taken notice of, then there is no problems whatsoever.|
- It's actually easier to describe the games twice than enumerate the huge number of differences. The plots are different, the locations are different, the gameplay is different. The only things that are the same are: the title, Sonic is the main character, Robotnik is the bad guy. Seriously, that's pretty much it. -- Supermorff 20:06, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
^This. A merge is a terrible idea that couldn't possibly be suggested by anyone who played both. It would only make information about either much harder to find. --Tularion 17:47, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
I'm only to Sky Chase Zone, but isn't there a bad ending where you skip the final boss and Tails dies if you don't have the emeralds (which I have no clue how to get <_>)? I know I've seen videos of it but it's not mentioned anywhere here. --TheLairOfRockwhales 22:44, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Or is this game geam version <_< lol --TheLairOfRockwhales 22:50, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes which? --TheLairOfRockwhales 22:55, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Sonic Labyrinth Edition Challenge
This is a challenge that I came up with. Like Sonic Labyrinth, you can't run fast, so you have to just keep tapping left or right to walk. The only way to go fast is by Spin Dashing, getting Super Shoes, and collecting all 7 Chaos Emeralds to become Super Sonic(Note: When you get the 7 Emeralds, you still have to walk until you get 50 Rings). You CANNOT use the sound test all emeralds cheat. Good Luck!
Michael the Fox: I'm all for Rainbow Dash and Sonic! :) 22:13, February 9, 2012 (UTC)
Sonic CD before Sonic 2? Honestly?
To me, it makes no sense at all. In fact, there is, in the D.A Garden, a sprite of tails in the tornado, flying around little planet, in every timeline! That and the fact that Tails is playable in episode II. SnufflesTheDog (talk) 05:51, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
These are cameo appearances and are irrelevent to the "canon" order of the games and for the last bit, we are mainly referring to the original Mega-CD re-release of the game, not the 2011 re-release where Tails wasn't playable (nor did he made an appearance. I suggest you take this discussion in this page and not here. Mystic Orb (TP.CO.EC) 08:08, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
Cheat codes: listed on this page or another page?
Why I changed the Beta pic to a wood zone pic
Not sure why "Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)" was removed from the article; since the 8-bit version predates the 16-bit one, it actually has seniority in this case. True this game is what most people think of, but I don't think it should be up to the wiki to make up readers' minds on that one. LinkTheLefty (talk) 15:10, June 20, 2014 (UTC)