Team Chaotix is the second boss in Team Dark's story and the fifth boss in Team Rose's story in Sonic Heroes. It is a three-on-three brawl against Team Chaotix that takes place in the Grand Metropolis/Power Plant skyline with Team Dark and later in the depths of Frog Forest/Lost Jungle's swamps with Team Rose.
After Team Dark and Team Chaotix had made their way to the roof of the Power Plant, Rouge notices the Chaotix nearby and suspects that they are out to steal "her" treasure. Espio senses Team Dark nearby and he, Vector and Charmy find themselves faced by said team. While Rouge makes accusations at them, Espio suspects Team Dark are their client's adversary. With both teams thinking of the other as an enemy, a fight quickly ensues.
Wandering through the jungle, Team Rose and Team Chaotix come across each other. Vector tries to ask Amy a question politely, but Amy assumes he wants to date her and tells him to wait as she leaves with her team. Vector becomes flustered by this and calls her a brat. Espio then demands that they hand over Cheese to them as he assumes Cheese to be one of the Chao they were ordered to protect earlier. This makes Cream believe that they are the ones that took Chocola, which in turn angers Big. As a result, both teams start to fight.
The object of these battles is to knock Team Chaotix off the edges of the battle platforms into the bottomless pits surrounding them. There is no damage system in this boss, meaning Team Chaotix cannot be defeated by simply damaging them. Grabbing the Power Cores and Rings before the opponents do is crucial. Without Rings, Team Chaotix will fly back farther, making them easier to be knocked off. Some characters are more suited to battle against specific Team Chaotix members due to having moves that are most effective against their particular formations:
|Enemy Formation||Counter Formation|
If the player loses any team members, they can be brought back to the field by performing the Team Blast.
In this arena, there are a total of nine Power Cores; three blue, three yellow, and three red. The player should start by grabbing the Blue Power Core in the center (so Espio cannot use it). When the other team is near, the player should have Shadow use Black Tornado to fling them into the air. While they are grounded, they can collect more Power Cores or steal their Rings. Staying aware of the other team's location is key to winning.
In this area, there are only three available Power Cores and they sit outside the arena in balloons. There is also a Shield hidden in a wooden Container on the stage. For this battle, Team Chaotix will be much more difficult to defeat as they will always switch to the formation that is dominant over that of the player.
Just like the battle against Team Sonic, this one requires Amy as the point character. The player should grab a Ring and then use Tornado Hammer to knock Team Chaotix down. Once one of the Chaotix members has been finished off, the player should try to take down the other two as fast as possible. They will use their Team Blast to revive their fallen character. Thunder Shoot should be used for the balloons on the side.
- "There's been a misunderstanding but I doubt if they'll listen to us." - Espio before fighting Team Dark.
- "All right then let's do it!" - Charmy before fighting Team Dark.
- "Whatever the reason, if they want a fight I'll give 'em one!" - Vector before fighting Team Dark.
- "There's gotta be a major misunderstanding here.. but we can't back down now!" - Espio before fighting Team Rose.
- "Bring it on!" - An unused line Charmy would have said before fighting Team Rose.
- "Let's make this quick. I hate fighting with girls!" - An unused line Vector would have said before fighting Team Rose.
- The music for battling against Team Chaotix in Lost Jungle is a shorter version of their theme song.
Notes and references
- ↑ This line can be brought back in the PC version with the help of the Sonic Heroes Memory Editor by swapping the position of the Speed character with the position of the Fly character before loading the fight against Team Rose.
- ↑ This line can be brought back in the PC version with the help of the Sonic Heroes Memory Editor by swapping the position of the Speed character with the position of the Power character before loading the fight against Team Rose.