|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this group before the Super Genesis Wave, see Team Fighters (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
Team Fighters is a group that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a sub-unit of the Freedom Fighters that works in tandem or as a separate unit with Team Freedom when missions call for it.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where Team Fighters' original timeline ended.
Following the planet's shattering, Team Fighters was formed as a sub-unit of the Freedom Fighters. This group was tasked with rescuing civilians trapped by the disaster in Station Square, while Team Freedom saw to the damaged city. Both groups were relieved in their efforts by the arrival of the Letter of Gabriel, a G.U.N. Air Force vessel. The heroes had little time to rest, as they were soon dispatched to intercept an Bullet Train heading for the Rail Canyon Zone with Uncle Chuck and Professor Dillon Pickle aboard as prisoners. With its roster on this mission including Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Antoine, the group was again placed on rescue duty, this time aiming to free the captive doctors. The Freedom Fighters also split into it-along with Team Freedom and Team Rose-to take part in a training mission aboard the Sky Patrol.
The team was later reformed with Tails, Amy and Rotor to serve as a backup to Team Freedom, which was sent in to recover a Chaos Emerald from one of Eggman's installations. When the trio of Sally, Bunnie, and Antoine were ambushed, Rotor's team moved in only to be caught in a second trap. Fortunately, both teams were rescued by the emergency squad led by Cream the Rabbit and also consisting of Big the Cat, T-Pup, Cheese, and Omochao. Later, Sonic rejoined Tails and Amy on this team as all three entered the Chaos Emerald Championship.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #257, "Damage Control"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #258, "The Chase: Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #259, "The Chase: Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic Super-Sized Comics Digest #11, "Sonic Comic Origins - Nicole"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #266, "Ambushed! Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #267, "Ambushed! Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #268, "Champions Part One: The Gang's All Here"