The three main members of Team Rose.
|Group Overview and Statistics|
Beginning of Sonic Heroes
Team Rose (チームローズ Chīmurōzu?) is a reoccurring group in the Sonic the Hedgehog series who first appeared in Sonic Heroes. It was founded by Amy Rose, Cream the Rabbit, and Big the Cat to search for their missing friends during Metal Sonic's campaign to take over the world, whom Team Rose defeated alongside Team Sonic, Team Dark, and Team Chaotix at the end of their journey. Though not as active as the other teams, Team Rose has occasionally resurfaced with new members to join their friends' ongoing adventures.
The team's history begins in Sonic Heroes with Amy, in love with Sonic as always, not having been in contact with him for over a month. She is about to quit when she stumbles upon a newspaper article about a Chao and a frog being carried off by "Sonic". Rushing to the publisher of the article, she meets up with Big, Cream, and Cheese. At the beach, they explain everything. Cream is looking for Chocola, Cheese's twin, and Big has lost Froggy once again. Amy decides that the three team up, forming Team Rose. During this time, besides fighting Eggman, they also have run-ins with Team Sonic and Team Chaotix, the former also having Amy, believing Sonic to have kidnapped Chocola and Froggy, vowing that their marriage is inevitable this time, and the latter due to miscommunication between the two teams that led Cream to believe that Team Chaotix was involved in Chocola's abduction.
Team Rose's levels basically start later in the stage, and end earlier. This would be mostly intended for beginner players. Their extra levels involve them collecting 200 Rings in a stage, but if the player take damage from just one enemy, they lose all of their Rings. Team Rose's Team Blast is Flower Festival.
Sonic Free Riders
Other game appearances
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood all three members of Team Rose appear as recruitable members of Sonic's party that appear at different points of the game. Amy is the first party member to join Sonic, and Big later joins the party in Mystic Ruins. Cream is one of the optional party members in the game, and can only be recruited after the player locates her chao, Cheese. If all three members are in the player party, they can perform a special POW move called Flower Power. They are incorrectly referred to as Team Amy in this game.
Team Rose is the team that attacks the least. Amy can attack twice, but Cream and Big can only attack once per turn.
In Sonic Runners, Team Rose consists of Amy and Blaze.
Appearances in other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Team Rose was formed to secure one of the Sol Emeralds and consisted of Amy Rose, Cream the Rabbit, Cheese and Blaze the Cat. Though they fought against other groups, like Team Dark, Team Hooligan and the Babylon Rogues, for the Emerald, Team Rose ended up with it and the team dissolved for the time being.
Following the events of Worlds Collide, Team Rose became nearly inextinguishable from its game counterpart. While in the Sol Zone, the team was reformed with Blaze to obtain another Sol Emerald from the Blackguard Pirates before Amy and Cream returned to their world and renewed Team Rose with Big, as a sub-unit of the New Freedom Fighters.
- The Team Rose is only team in Sonic Heroes to have 4 members (although Cheese is just an extension of Cream).
- Their theme, "Follow Me", is the only theme which does not reference any characters by name.
- Team Rose, along with Team Sonic, are the only teams that are named after the leader.
- The first letter of each team member's name put together spell ABC.
- The Team's Power member has been changed 2 times. Originally, it was Big, then in Sonic Free Riders it was Vector. A similar situation occurred with Team Dark in the same game. In the Archie comics and Sonic Runners, Blaze replaces Big as a member of Team Rose.
- In Sonic Runners, Cream and Big are part of Team Easy along with Silver.
- Every member of this team can fly, hover, or glide in some way in Sonic Heroes.
- It is the Team with the most female characters in Sonic Heroes.
- All the ages in Team Rose in Sonic Heroes are multiples of 6, with Cream being 6, Amy being 12 and Big being 18.
- Ironically, despite having easier main missions, Team Rose's extra missions in Sonic Heroes are at times quite difficult, due to if the player is hit, every ring is lost, and thus the player would have to start over again.
- Cream is the only Flight type character that isn't flying in their victory pose in Sonic Heroes.
- This is one of two teams where a female is the team leader in Sonic Heroes (the other being Team Dark).
- This is the only team in Sonic Heroes that starts with a tutorial level.
- This is the only team in Sonic Heroes which cannot use the Triangle Jump technique.
- This is the only team with a female in speed formation.
- The colors of the members of Team Rose are pastels colors versions of the team formation.