Team Rose (チームローズ Chīmurōzu?) is a reoccurring group in the Sonic the Hedgehog series who first appeared in Sonic Heroes. It was founded by Amy Rose, Cream the Rabbit, and Big the Cat to search for their missing friends during Metal Sonic's campaign to take over the world, whom Team Rose defeated alongside Team Sonic, Team Dark, and Team Chaotix at the end of their journey. Though not as active as the other teams, Team Rose has occasionally resurfaced with new members to join their friends' ongoing adventures.
The team's history begins in Sonic Heroes with Amy, in love with Sonic as always, not having been in contact with him for over a month. She is about to quit when she stumbles upon a newspaper article about a Chao and a frog being carried off by "Sonic". Rushing to the publisher of the article, she meets up with Big, Cream, and Cheese. At the beach, they explain everything. Cream is looking for Chocola, Cheese's twin, and Big has lost Froggy once again. Amy decides that the three team up, forming Team Rose. During this time, besides fighting Eggman, they also have run-ins with Team Sonic and Team Chaotix, the former also having Amy, believing Sonic to have kidnapped Chocola and Froggy, vowing that their marriage is inevitable this time, and the latter due to miscommunication between the two teams that led Cream to believe that Team Chaotix was involved in Chocola's abduction.
Team Rose's levels basically start later in the stage, and end earlier. This would be mostly intended for beginner players. Their extra levels involve them collecting 200 Rings in a stage, but if the player take damage from just one enemy, they lose all of their Rings. Team Rose's Team Blast is Flower Festival.
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood all three members of Team Rose appear as recruitable members of Sonic's party that appear at different points of the game. Amy is the first party member to join Sonic, and Big later joins the party in Mystic Ruins. Cream is one of the optional party members in the game, and can only be recruited after the player locates Cheese and if the player decides to make Sonic accept Cream. If all three members are in the player party, they can perform a special POW move called Flower Power. They are incorrectly referred to as Team Amy in this game.
In combat, Team Rose is the team that performs the least number of actions per round. Amy can perform two actions, but Cream and Big can only perform one action per round.
Sonic Free Riders
Other game appearances
In Sonic Runners, Team Rose made a few appearances during exclusive Events. During the "Birthday on Windy Hill" event, Team Rose were heading to Sonic the Hedgehog's birthday party when they got kidnapped by Dr. Eggman and his Death Egg drones. Fortunately, Amy managed to escape while Cream, Big and Froggy were freed by Team Sonic. Once Eggman was taken care off, Team Rose came to Sonic's birthday party at long last.
During the "Tropical Coast Event," all three members of Team Rose had come to a beach resort. During their time there, the team met Team Sonic who were tracking down Dr. Eggman. Getting caught up the affair, Team Rose learned Eggman had kidnapped Mother Wisp and planned to turn her evil. They thus joined Team Sonic in their mission and helped them stop Eggman's schemes.
In this game, despite making some appearances together, Team Rose is somewhat divided, with the actual Rose Type characters being Amy herself and Blaze the Cat (filling Big's role as the Power Type for Team Rose) while both Cream and Big are classified as Easy Type members, alongside Silver the Hedgehog. As Cream is the Fly Type for "team" Easy, there is no character who fills said ability formation in Team Rose, making it only a two-member group.
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Team Rose was formed to secure one of the Sol Emeralds and consisted of Amy Rose, Cream the Rabbit, Cheese and Blaze the Cat. Though they fought against other groups, like Team Dark, Team Hooligan and the Babylon Rogues, for the Emerald, Team Rose ended up with it and the team dissolved for the time being.
Following the events of Worlds Collide, Team Rose became nearly indistinguishable from its game counterpart. While in the Sol Zone, the team was reformed with Blaze to obtain another Sol Emerald from the Blackguard Pirates before Amy and Cream returned to their world and renewed Team Rose with Big as a sub-unit of the Freedom Fighters.
- Team Rose is the only team in Sonic Heroes to have four members (although Cheese is just an extension of Cream).
- Their theme, "Follow Me", is the only theme which does not reference any characters by name.
- Team Rose, along with Team Sonic, are the only teams that are named after the leader.
- Both the leader of the teams are also Speed Type characters and hedgehogs.
- The Team's Power Type member has been changed two times. Originally, it was Big, then in Sonic Free Riders it was Vector. A similar situation occurred with Team Dark in the same game; however, this proved to be a temporary situation, as the original Power Type members (In Team Dark's case, E-123 Omega) from both teams would later return to their respective ability formation.
- Every member of this team can fly, hover, or glide in some way in Sonic Heroes; Amy can hover using her hammer, Cream can use her ears to fly, and Big can use his umbrella to glide.
- This is the only Team with the most female characters in Sonic Heroes, with a total of two (Amy and Cream).
- Cream is the only Fly Type character that is not flying in their victory pose in Sonic Heroes.
- This is one of the two teams where a female character is the Team leader in Sonic Heroes (the other being Team Dark with Rouge the Bat) and the only team with a female in Speed formation.
- The colors of the members of Team Rose are pastel color versions of the regular team formation.
- Team Rose is the only team out of all the Sonic Heroes teams to have Sea Gate as a mandatory stage in story mode, as it's an optional tutorial for Team Sonic (can be chosen in the 1P menu) and it's impossible to play this stage as either Team Dark or the Chaotix without hacking.
- The 2015 title Sonic Runners introduced the Rose Type, based on the original Team Rose from Sonic Heroes.