|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Team Sonic, also known as the United Village Defenders of the Village, are the main protagonists of the Sonic Boom franchise. They are a group of heroes who protect the tropical island of Seaside Island from all manners of dangers, including the ever-present threat of Dr. Eggman and his robot legions, while still living regular lives. Along the way, the group has also stood up villains no more than harmless annoyances to those posing a threat to the entire world.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
In Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, on a regular day of foiling Dr. Eggman's plans, Team Sonic (excluding Sticks the Badger) followed Eggman and Metal Sonic to an ancient tomb deep within an island. There, Eggman's new Destruction Troops and Metal Sonic forced Sonic to open the tomb and have his team seek refuge inside, despite his team telling him not to do it. There, the team accidently release a powerful and villainous Ancient named Lyric the Last Ancient. Arming themselves with Lyric's shackles, Team Sonic sought out Cliff, who revealed Lyric's plans to power his army of Sentinels with the Chaos Crystals to destroy all organic and create a world of twisted metal and robots. To stop Lyric's plan, the group sat aside their animosity for Sonic's actions to retrieve the Crystals before Lyric. During their search, the team got split up in the Abandoned Research Facility where Knuckles and Amy secured a Crystal while Sonic and Tails retrieved a map from the past that lead to the remaining Crystals, after a confrontation with Shadow.
With the map, Team Sonic found all the Crystals despite interferences from Lyric, Eggman and their minions. However, they were forced to surrender them to Lyric after the snake managed to hold Sonic at gunpoint with his robots. Though Lyric still shot Sonic down, the hedgehog survived, and Team Sonic confronted Lyric together in perfect unison at his lair. Thanks to the unexpected help from Eggman, Team Sonic defeated Lyric and saved the world before Lyric's army could be deployed.
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
In Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, Amy was kidnapped by Lyric the Last Ancient when researching secret ancient language and manuscript detailing the history and whereabouts of a Lost Crystal of Power. Lyric in his eagerness to get his claws on this long-forgotten power seeks to use Amy's knowledge to find this Lost Crystal and gain the power of a god. In response, Sonic gathers the remainder of Team Sonic and managed to save Amy from the clutches of Lyric and his robot army with a little help from Shadow.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
In Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, world-ending weather patterns started to emerge, prompting Team Sonic to investigate the islands. During this, Sonic and Amy uncovered one of many fissures which infused their Communicators with Fire and Ice energy, giving the duo new powers which they used to seal the fissure. With Sonic and Amy regrouping with Tails, the fox figured out how let their whole team tap into these new powers too. Tails also revealed that sealing up fissures stabilized the weather, making the team reassemble and set out to seal any fissure with their new powers. Along the way, they met D-Fekt, a small Eggman robot with nearly limitless magnetic powers who would menace them repeatedly. Dr. Eggman would also occasionally intruded on the team to take Sonic to races against his empowered EggBots for his plan to discredit Sonic's reputation as the fastest one around.
Speculating that D-Fekt and Eggman were connected to the fissures, Team Sonic would as well pursue D-Fekt across the islands, learning that the fissures held a rare mineral named Ragnium which D-Fekt was covered in. Using D-Fekt and Sticks' fondness for one another, the team got D-Fekt to wear a tracker which lead them to Ragna Rock where Eggman was mining for Ragnium and piping the by-products from his operations off to adjacent islands, thereby creating the fissures. When Team Sonic got there, D-Fekt destroyed the Ragnium mine and nearly killed Eggman when attempting to stop Team Sonic for the doctor. After Team Sonic beat D-Fekt in his latest form, Eggman, in reluctant gratitude toward Team Sonic for saving him, gave D-Fekt to the heroes, whom Tails reprogramed into a harmless pet for Sticks, before the team headed home.
Team Sonic nearly lost a member when Sonic fired Tails to keep him safe after a disastrous battle with Burnbot, but Sonic rehired him after he proved himself. Team Sonic later fell for a ploy by Eggman where the doctor weakened their main members for his Obliterator Bot. When Obliterator targeted Eggman lair instead though, Team Sonic was convinced to help the doctor stop the robot, although they could not save the lair. The team was then nearly torn apart by arguments caused by Tails' UT robot which Eggman stole to use against them. However, when Tails left to save UT from Eggman, Team Sonic had to save Tails from Eggman. After stopping Anti-fire Bot, Team Sonic was then bothered by Sticks the Badger' new pet Buster (whom they ironically encouraged Sticks to get) until he turned out to be an Eggman robot sent to destroy them. However, Sticks stopped Buster without hurting him before setting him free.
Team Sonic later came to the Awardy Awards when Sticks was nominated for an Awardy Award for saving the Village. There, they foiled Eggman's attempt to take the award by force. Amy would then leave her team to help Eggman redecorate his lair, feeling unappreciated by her team. Feeling guilty, Team Sonic went to Eggman's lair where they freed Amy from imprisonment and trashed the lair. Eggman later made some Evil Cookies which everyone on Team Sonic, except Sonic, ate, turning them into clones of Eggman. The now evil heroes united under Eggman to plot Sonic's demise, but Sonic returned his team to normal with the unwilling aid of Eggman after his new allies turned against him. Team Sonic were soon after attacked by Cowbot, but when they made Cowbot target Eggman, the majority of the team made Sonic protect Eggman from it (with Tails' aid).
After beating Octopus Bot, Tails temporarily left Team Sonic to fix his Unbolterizer which endangered their lives during the fight. In the meantime, the rest of the team would help T.W. Barker out with a circus show until the rogue ringmaster forced them to stay as his performers. However, they were freed by Tails. Team Sonic was later preoccupied with Knuckles' attempts to shift the luck balance of the universe in his favor when Eggman invaded Seaside Island. Since Knuckles' bad luck and Eggman's good luck made it impossible for Team Sonic to win, they let Knuckles join Eggman and had his bad luck beat him. More trouble arose when Sonic and Eggman, unbeknownst to Team Sonic, switched minds due to a meteor. As such, the team would attack Sonic (in Eggman's body) whenever he showed up, while Eggman (in Sonic's body) plotted the heroes' end. However, thanks to Tails, Sonic and Eggman could switch back.
After a shifting period, Team Sonic was left without nothing to do when Eggman lost his drive. While the rest of the team could cope, Sonic drove them nuts with his restlessness, so they orchestrated an event that made Sonic and Eggman renew their conflict. Team Sonic later went to a pie festival, except for Tails who had to replant an orchard. Upon returning though, mutant plants on the orchard attacked them. Sonic and Amy thus went to get Tails, while Knuckles and Sticks kept the plants at bay until Tails could destroy them with a machine. When Sonic was later sued by Eggman, most of Team Sonic could not help Sonic's case despite their effort, until Amy intervened. Team Sonic later found Eggman selling tomato sauce which seemed harmless, but when the sauce cans began turning appliances into an army for Eggman to conquer the island with, the team stopped Eggman's plans.
As a result of a set-up staged by Eggman, Team Sonic came under attack by Giant Robot, a robot powered by Sonic's running. When the team could not beat the robot, Sonic made it overload instead. While having a movie night, Team Sonic got attacked by Eggman again. This time, an endless timeloop was created during their battle, making Team Sonic relive the same day repeatedly without knowing it. However, Eggman (who retained awareness) got them to help him break the timeloop. Having awoken a Granifier Giganticus, Team Sonic tried to make him fall asleep while protecting him from Eggman. After dealing with the giant's kidnapping of Sticks, Team Sonic lured him to Eggman's lair where Eggman was forced to let him in peace. Then, when Sonic got stuck in Buddy Buddy Temple with Eggman, Team Sonic argued over who should lead then now. Slipping into the temple by accident, the team was brought to safety by both Sonic and Eggman as the temple caved in.
When Team Sonic hosted Orbot and Cubot after they left Eggman, they had to help the evil trio defeat an evil computer virus named Nominatus who had seized Eggman's tech to destroy the world. Once it was done, the parties ended their truce. Later, the team had to unite to drive off Eggman's attack on Sonic so he could return a library book on time. In a classic battle of the sexes, Sonic and Knuckles later competed against Amy and Sticks on a race to Hidden Meadows, which the latter pair won with ease. Soon after, Team Sonic would pull off a prank on Eggman which made him desert technology. When the Lightning Bolt Society took over Eggman's lair though, Team Sonic and Eggman had to unite to stop the Lightning Bolt's random attacks, making Eggman pick up tech again.
Uniting to help Amy with Chez, Team Sonic served as the restaurant's staff until most of them got fed up with Amy's rivalry with Meh Burger. Nonetheless, Team Sonic came together to help Amy defend Chez Amy from Eggman. Unable to save Chez Amy, Team Sonic helped rebuild Meh Burger after Eggman destroyed it. When Swifty the Shrew then showed up, Team Sonic (except Sonic) was enthralled by his hipness. Upon discovering Swifty's meanness though, they took Sonic's side. When Swifty then got Sonic banished from the Village and was revealed to work for Eggman, Team Sonic got the Village Council to bring Sonic back, who then handled Eggman. Team Sonic later had to travel to a mystical mamoset to settle Sticks' suspicious about them being cursed. After saving the mamoset from Eggman, he declared Team Sonic curse-free. Setting up the Chili Dog Cook-Off, most of Team Sonic planned to participate, while Sonic served as the judge. However, the team had go find Knuckles when he went missing. They found him a day later, having passed out from eating a pepper.
Having foiled Eggman's Explode-o-nut plot, Team Sonic helped with Sticks' (forced) yardsale. Along the way, they uncovered the entrance to the Froglodites' lair, who kidnapped Sticks, prompting the remainder of Team Sonic to rescue her and reseal the Froglodites. As Knuckles then sent the Village into chaos as deputy mayor, the rest of Team Sonic joined forces with Eggman to stop him. However, when Eggman turned on them, Team Sonic kept him from seizing power over the Village. Over their next battles with Eggman, Team Sonic had to attend Amy's sensitivity seminar with Sonic when the hedgehog upset the Village. In the end, Team Sonic went on a trip while Sonic stayed behind to retire. Upon returning though, they found Sonic back in action and beloved by the Village again. The team later met an alternate Knuckles whom they helped get home before his presence destroyed their reality. Soon after, they kept Dave the Intern from hunting himself and others during his attempt to battle Sonic with Octopus Bot, until Sonic could stop him.
At New Year's eve, Team Sonic celebrated at the village party they set up. While most of Team Sonic kept partying, Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to beat Sonic in something before the year's end, although no one except Sonic saw him do it. When the girls on Team Sonic were later brainwashed by Justin Beaver, the boys formed Dreamboat Express/Dude-itude to free all the brainwashed victims and foil the plans of Dixon, Justin's producer, to turn the female villagers into consumer zombies. Upon later foiling another Eggman attack, Team Sonic noticed Tails was crushing on Zooey, and each member gave him advise to go by. While their help failed, Tails managed to win Zooey over on his own while stopping another Eggman attack. Witnessing Knuckles' rise to frame as "Trash Can Head Guy", Team Sonic enjoyed the spoils of being a celebrity's friends. As Knuckles left to be a TV host though, the team had to save him from Eggman. In the aftermath, Knuckles chose to be on Team Sonic over the life of a celebrity.
As Knuckles began pursuing inventing, Team Sonic came to see Tails and Knuckles battle in the Robot Battle Royale. When Eggman seized Tails' Hypno-bot however, Team Sonic stopped Eggman from making a new army with Tails' inventions. Team Sonic later tried staying cool during a heatwave when they discovered Eggman had captured the Archipelago Homeowners Association. As such, they freed the group. Noticing later that Amy was secretly "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies" with Eggman, the rest of Team Sonic kept an eye on Eggman at the pair's trip Puppy Con. There, they got entangled in Eggman's scheme to steal a rare game piece, but Amy resolved it alone. Upon foiling another of Eggman's schemes, Team Sonic agreed to fight Eggman fairly by facing him one-on-one, only for them all to get outsmarted one after another during their scheduled fights. In the end though, Team Sonic managed to beat Eggman's latest scheme by switching out when needed in their fight.
Upon saving the Village for the millionth time, Team Sonic was given the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award. Because the team was still horsing around though, Mayor Fink gave them an image specialist to make them better role models, who eventually restricted them from using force against Eggman. However, Sticks got her team back to their old ways. Discovering Amy's private play A Rose Without Thorns, Team Sonic got torn apart over arguments stemming from Amy's portrayals in her play. While Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Sticks reconciled after a fight, Amy would not forgive her friends so easily, so they put up her play as an apology, which worked. Later on, most of Team Sonic would help Knuckles stand up to Charlie who kept bullying him. Team Sonic would later face their greatest challenge when they were attacked by Eggman's league of villains dubbed Team Eggman. Despite the villains' strategy and the unexpected aid from Shadow the Hedgehog however, Team Sonic won the battle.
The Big Boom
On a regular day, Team Sonic (excluding Sticks) united to beat Dr. Eggman's Big Boy and make him retreat. Shortly after, Sticks brought the news that Tails' House had been taken by a "Rock-cyborg", which had been planted under the house. Finding the robot, the team lured it into an ambush where they destroyed it and brought Tails' house back on its foundation. Soon after, Eggman returned in the Big Boy. Team Sonic tried stopping it, but was betrayed by Knuckles, who had joined Eggman because he was tired of Amy's criticism. Knuckles helped Eggman imprison his team, but then revealed himself to be a covert agent to prove his smarts. After reflecting on his blunder, Knuckles beat Eggman and his mech while his team escaped to safety. Afterwards however, Amy noticed she had lost her hammer. The boys on the team thus went looking for it while Sticks tried getting Amy out of her funk. By coincident, Sonic fond Amy's Hammer and brought it back, allowing Team Sonic to go home.
Team Sonic later promised Eggman a final showdown with his Big Boy. When the team forgot about it, Eggman hunted them down and the heroes found themselves outmatched by the improved mech. Fortunately, Sticks showed up and defeated the Big Boy with the Rock of Justice despite her team's skepticism, though at the cost of the weapon.
Sometime after Team Sonic united to help Sonic beat the doctor's Badniks, Eggman requested their aid to operate his rides at the Eggtoberfest. Thinking they could watch over Eggman's plans that way, Team Sonic agreed. Sure enough, Eggman soon attacked the villagers at the carnival with his army which Team Sonic defeated, earned them the adoration of the villagers.
Soon after, Team Sonic was challenged to a supposedly fair race in the Go-kart Pan-island Grand Prix by Eggman. While Team Sonic accepted the challenge, Sticks did not participate, believing it was a trap. At the competition, Team Sonic received go-karts from Eggman to drive in. During the race though, Team Sonic was incapacitated one by one by Eggman's hidden robots and machines while their bio-data was copied for Project Hodge Podge. Thankfully, Sonic was saved from his trap by his team, whom Sonic convinced to let him prove that he could beat Eggman fair and square in the race. Resuming the race, Sonic was cornered by Eggman's Spider-Kart. Fortunately, Tails, Knuckles and Amy arrived and held Eggman off so Sonic could win the competition, and the full team (Sticks included) defeated Eggman. Sonic then celebrated with a friendship speech about how proud he was to be a part of Team Sonic. When Sticks returned after being gone for a while, Team Sonic heard her story about fighting an evil robot alongside an interdimensional army, though no one believed her.
As pointed out by Sonic the Hedgehog, Team Sonic are not aggressors, meaning they do not actively seek conflict. Instead, they are more akin to defenders, only springing into action to defend Seaside Island and the innocent, and generally only attacking others when provoked.
- Tornado: An abandoned biplane from the Ancients that Team Sonic salvaged during their battles against Lyric the Last Ancient. It was lost during a battle with Burnbot.
- Tails' Plane: Tails' personal airplane. Took over as the team's primary aircraft after the loss of the Tornado.
- Tailsmobile: A ground-based hovercraft built by Tails.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #1 introduction page
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 2. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Polsky, Dave (15 November 2014). "Translate This". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 3. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Derrien, Jean-Christophe; Liemt, Romain Van (6 December 2014). "Eggheads". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 8. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Pugsley, Tom; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (31 January 2015). "Cowbot". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 11. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Barichella, Thomas (28 March 2015). "Sole Power". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 19. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Tuber, Douglas; Maile, Tim (11 April 2015). "Sleeping Giant". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 21. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (18 April 2015). "The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 22. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (25 April 2015). "Let's Play Musical Friends". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 23. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (9 May 2015). "Into the Wilderness". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 25. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 July 2015). "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 29. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #1, "Getting a Little Boulder Part One of... Er... One
- ↑ Sonic Boom #2, "Knuckleduster"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #3, "Hammer Spaced"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #4, "Sticks and Stones"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #6, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part One"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #7, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part 2"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"