|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Team Sticks is a group that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. It is more or less a subdivision of Team Sonic, led personally by Sticks the Badger. Its other members are somewhat inconsistent though, due to Sticks' penchant for randomly choosing teammates.
When Sonic challenged Sticks to see who could teach their friends better survival skills, Sticks formed Team Sticks with Amy, while Sonic chose Knuckles. Under Sticks' tutorage, she taught Amy the essentials of wilderness survival, and Team Sticks faced Sonic and Knuckles in a race each other to Hidden Meadows. While Team Sticks did well, Sonic and Knuckles struggled so much that the girls tried helping them, but got stuck in an underground missile silo while Sonic and Knuckles headed for the goal. However, by riding a missile to the goal, Team Sticks secured their victory.
Team Sticks was formed after Sticks met the Maverick Hunters during their search for Sigma. Deciding to help them, Sticks grabbed Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver, who were passing by, and convinced them to come along. Traveling to Dr. Eggman's lair, they convinced Orbot and Cubot to open a Genesis Portal, through which they departed in search of Sigma. The search eventually brought them to Sonic's World, which was being fused with Mega Man's World in the year 20XX, and saw Team Sticks joining forces with the Freedom Fighters and Robot Masters of those worlds.
The group proved a disconcerting addition, and during the battle with Sigma's Mechaniloid army only Sticks participated as a combatant while her "teammates" ran and hid. However, an unexpected trip through a Genesis Portal led her to make some new friends from another Zone to join Team Sticks: Chun-Li, Ryu, Ken Masters and Guile. Together they returned just in time to save Sticks' allies from some of Sigma's Mavericks. The team would then be dispatched by Sally Acorn to other worlds across the multiverse to prevent Sigma's forces from deploying Unity Engines meant to harvest the worlds' energies.
The team soon after joined the bolstered Unified Army in a final attack on Sigma. Though the heroes ultimately won, their reality was threatening to collapse from Sigma's overuse of the Genesis Portals. Fortunately, Xander Payne managed to erase Sigma's actions from history, meaning everyone on Team Sticks were returned home with no memories of the events (except from the original members).
- The original members of Team Sticks in the comics are the only Sonic Boom characters to be directly involved in Worlds Unite.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (9 May 2015). "Into the Wilderness". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 25. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #8, "Worlds Unite Part Two: Broken Heroes"
- ↑ Mega Man #50, "Worlds Unite Part Four: Death and Destruction"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #9, "Worlds Unite! Part Six: Fire in the Sky"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills"
- ↑ Mega Man #51, "Worlds Unite! Part Eight: Holes in Reality"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #78, "Worlds Unite Part Nine: Infinite Possibilities"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #10, "Worlds Unite Part Ten: Justice Across Worlds"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #275, "Worlds Unite Part Eleven: Killing the Giant"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"