|This article's name is conjectural. Although this article is based on official information, the actual name of the article's subject is pure conjecture.|
|Team Super Sonic|
Team Super Sonic powering up for a Team Blast
|Group Overview and Statistics|
Near the end of Sonic Heroes
Team Super Sonic, also known by some as Team Super, is the unofficial name of the final team playable in Sonic Heroes which is used against the final boss of the game, Metal Overlord. Using the power of the Chaos Emeralds, Sonic transformed into Super Sonic, and then passed on some of his power to Tails and Knuckles.
- Super Sonic (Speed member, leader)
- Tails (with Super Shield) (Flight member)
- Knuckles (with Super Shield) (Power member)
Near the end of Sonic Heroes, Team Sonic decided to be the ones that would defeat Metal Madness. To accomplish this feat, Team Sonic needed to harness the power of the seven Chaos Emeralds, but they needed time to prepare the emeralds. Willing to help, Team Dark, Team Chaotix and Team Rose fought Metal Madness to buy Team Sonic the time they needed. At the time Metal Madness transformed into Metal Overlord, Team Sonic had the Chaos Emeralds ready. Sonic then performed a super transformation, becoming Super Sonic, while granting Miles "Tails" Prower and Knuckles the Echidna each a Super Shield for a power boost, thus creating Team Super Sonic.Once the team was finished with its transformation, Team Super Sonic followed Metal Overlord into the sky and began a intense battle with him, with the fate of the world at stake. Though Metal Overlord proved impervious to Team Super Sonic's normal attacks, by combining their unified power into a massive Team Blast, the team was able to inflict damage to the mechanical tyrant. Eventually, Team Super Sonic's teamwork prevailed over Metal Overlord, sending him falling down from the sky in defeat. After celebrating their victory, Team Super Sonic returned to the Final Fortress and powered down to normal.
Like most Super transformations, the team has enhanced skills, stronger moves, and they even start off at Level 3. Sonic can use the Light Speed Attack at any given moment by pressing the action button mid-jump if objects are nearby. However, doing this costs the team five rings. This move has a similar effect to when he uses it in the team's regular form right after their Team Blast. Tails' Thunder Shoot launches Sonic straight into the Light Speed Attack, just like he does right after a Team Blast in the regular Team Sonic. Knuckles' Power Combo allows him to continuously attack with devastating punches and exploding fireballs. This move is so powerful, that it can be used to counter and destroy the Egg Fleet battleships that the Metal Overlord occasionally tosses at the team.
- There is no official name for the Team Blast of this team, so it was given the moniker Super Sonic Power by fans.
- Super Sonic once again showed his ability to transform others in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), in which he transformed fellow hedgehogs Shadow and Silver into Super Shadow and Super Silver respectively. Strangely in Sonic 06, Sonic is able to transform Shadow and Silver directly into their Super States, but can only grant Super Shields to Knuckles and Tails.
- Team Super Sonic is the only team to start out completely leveled up.
- In the PC version, Sonic doesn't have an aura around him. Instead, he becomes a lighter golden color.
- ↑ The in-game files of the PC-version for Tails and Knuckles during the final battle are named in such a way („sk” and „st”, respectively, compare Super Sonic's files named „ss”) that they are likely to be a modern take on their Super States. Adding to that is the lack of significant differences between Super Knuckles here and in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and that Tails transformed using Chaos Emeralds instead of Super Emeralds this time around.