"Teasing Time" is the sixty-seventh episode of the anime series, Sonic X. It first aired on 7 April 2005 and 11 February 2006 in France and the United States, respectively.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Dark Sonic (Only appearance)
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Christopher Thorndyke
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Rouge the Bat
- Dr. Eggman
- "Gotta Go Fast" - Opening theme (USA and CAN)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (AUS, NZ and UK)
- "Gotta Go Fast" (shortened) - Closing theme
The Blue Typhoon crew is traveling along in space when Sonic asks Tails if he could change their course. Tails asks where they should go. Sonic replies that it doesn't really matter as long as they figure out if the Metarex that started chasing them 12 hours ago are still behind them. Tails and Cosmo wonder if it's a trap, and Sonic says that they should find out. Amy notices that the Metarex turned when they turned. Chris sees that the Metarex are firing a laser blast. Cream raises the shields to stop the blast. Amy then fires missiles at three ships and successfully destroys them. Five other ships retreat. Tails realizes that they are up to something. Knuckles asks Chris if there are any ships ahead of them, but Chris says that something is jamming the scanners. Knuckles says that they should turn around, but Sonic wants to know what the Metarex are up to. Knuckles wonders why because they could get attacked. But Sonic replies, "That's what I'm hoping for."
Inside a Metarex base, Black Narcissus tells Dark Oak that he wants to put an experiment on Sonic to try and gather data so they can make a robot to defeat him. Back on the Typhoon, the scanners are unjammed and are picking up a nearby planet. They see that there are craters that were made recently. They figure that the Metarex kept on firing until nothing was left. As they're heading to the base, Chris sees that the scanners have picked up Chaos Emeralds, and there are hundreds of them. They figure that the Metarex have updated their technology to continue fooling people. Then, Narcissus sends them a message. Cosmo translates it saying that the Metarex fleet that went after them was a test, and that they passed. The message also reads that Narcissus is inviting them to his base. Cosmo notices that there's more, but she doesn't want to tell the others. She then leaves to go to the base by herself, but someone notices. Missiles are then fired, but Amy notices that they are composed of potassium nitrate and aluminum. Tails mentions that those chemicals are used often for fireworks and the missiles blow up with bright blinding light. Cosmo arrives at the base to confront Black Narcissus. She demands that he tell her everything about her clan, which was apparently the other part of the message that she didn't want to tell her friends. but Narcissus says that the only reason he brought her was to make her a prisoner.
Tails reads the part of the message that Cosmo didn't tell them with the translator. They want Cosmo to come back to read it properly to them, but Sonic says that she's gone and someone else is as well. Back in the base, Chris tries to get Narcissus to negotiate with them, but he tells Chris to return to his ship as he is not interested. Chris then tries to help Cosmo escape, but Narcissus knocks him down and unconscious. Back on the Typhoon, Sonic gets inside the Power Cannon to be launched at the base. He plummets deep down inside and sees the many fake Chaos Emeralds. Black Narcissus asks Sonic to come up to him and to help him with an experiment. Sonic denies stating that he's there only for his friends. Narcissus shows him Chris passed out and Cosmo frightened, and Sonic is shocked.
Narcissus then tells Sonic that either he cooperates, or his friends will suffer a painful price. Sonic says that he's never seen Cosmo look so scared, and that Chris was passed out. Suddenly, his fur gets darker and a black aura surrounds him. Narcissus then brings out to robots specially designed for the occasion, a gold one for Sonic's strength and a silver one for his speed. Sonic chuckles, rather evilly, and easily destroys the robots as his dark super transformation is complete. Suddenly, Eggman appears out of nowhere and tells Sonic to settle down. Sonic is rather ashamed as Eggman lectures him not to let his anger get out of hand. Shadow saves Chris and Cosmo while Rouge destroys the fake Chaos Emerald creator. Narcissus is furious that Eggman interfered, but suddenly, Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun attack him leaving him unstable. Eggman then tells Narcissus that he could be convinced to join the Metarex for the right price.
- The original opening featured a reading from Cream's voyage diary, followed by her and the gang looking out for potential Metarex. This is wholly cut in the dub.
- When Sonic wishes to continue on course, Knuckles comments that Sonic may be changing character. In the dub, he instead tells him that they are bound to get destroyed.
- Black Narcissus' conversation with Dark Oak is shortened in the dub.
- The scene of Amy mistaking the craters on the planet for octopus tentacles was cut in the dub.
- A scene of Tails saying that Narcissus is planning a "welcome party" is edited in the dub to remove Cheese suddenly jumping up at the mention of a party, and Cream making a comment about his love for food.
- Originally, when Cosmo confronted Black Narcissus, he did not say anything until she entered the room. He was given more dialogue in the English version.
- Narcissus states that Cosmo is a hostage in the original, and a prisoner in the dub.
- In the original Japanese version, Black Narcissus non-fatally stabbed Chris in the stomach, causing him to black out. In the English dub, he punched Chris in the stomach with enough force to knock him out.
- The scenes of Amy, Cream, and Cheese wishing to give Cosmo a piece of their minds are cut from the dub.
- Originally, one could not hear what Cosmo was saying when trapped in the glass containment. She is audible in the dub.
Title in other languages
|French||Le piège noir||The dark trap|
|German||Versuchsigel Sonic||Experiment-Hedgehog Sonic|
|Italian||La cavia||The guinea pig|
|Spanish||Trampa Negra||The dark Trap|
|Russian||Чёрная ловушка||Black trap|
- This episode marks the first and only appearance of Sonic's dark transformation.