- The concept of a 'main series' game is badly defined at best. I'd really like to just scrap that terminology altogether. The games listed here are what you'd usually refer to as platformers or action/adventure games for consoles. Is that a better distinction? -- Supermorff 17:54, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
Why isn't Sonic 3D Blast Considered Main Series?
i always thought of it as being a main Sonic Game, so why is it not considered "Main Series"? based on what was said earlier, 3D blast would be consider "Main Series"! WaterKirby1994 16:28, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
I think it should be.... Knuckleschaotix 19:05, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
Is Sonic and The Secret Rings in the main series, if it is, it might've had a level in Generations. 18.104.22.168 22:14, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
Secret Rings; Not in Main Console series
WTH? Secret Rings is in the spinoff series, people. It was part of the Sonic Storybook Series. It's not part of the main series. That's ridiculous. --Rainbowroad6w, the researcher. (Talk)(Recent finds and updates.) 04:31, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
Somebody remove Shadow the Hedgehog.
Just like Knuckles' Chaotix, it's definitely NOT a main series game, as it doesn't even star Sonic. - 22.214.171.124 16:46, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Wow, people actually consider that a main series game? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. - Ericss12
No, it doesn't. Sonic is a secondary character rather than the star. NOTHING about this game makes it more of a main series game than Knuckles' Chaotix. And about Sonic being playable: you mean in, an extremely limited manner as a multiplayer character ala Tails during Sonic's story in Sonic 2/3 & Knuckles/Adventure? Not to mention that being able to play as him is a easter egg, as it's not even a documented feature. And you admitted in the game's talk page that it's a spinoff game, so why are you calling it a main series game now? - 126.96.36.199 17:05, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
So? So does Sonic Battle. - 188.8.131.52 17:11, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
And ShTH is part of the spin-off Platform games, like Sonic 3D and the aforementioned Knuckles' Chaotix. What's your point? - 184.108.40.206 17:16, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
That your argument of "it ties in with some main games" holds not water, as that logic would place Sonic Battle in the main series. - 220.127.116.11 17:21, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- He's right. ShTH ties in with some main series games because it's centered on Shadow (who was introduced in the main series), so of course that it's purpose is revealing about the character's backstory, not because it's meant to be considered part of the main series. - Ericss12
- Myself, he's got a point. If your argument that Shadow the Hedgehog is a main series game is just that it ties in with other games of the series, and if Sonic Battle does the same, then logically Sonic Battle must also be a main series game. There must be more to it to distinguish them. -- Supermorff (talk) 18:16, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry, now I see what you're saying. Sonic Battle is in the main series, but this template is only for console games. Right. -- Supermorff (talk) 19:57, April 8, 2012 (UTC) Supermorff (talk) 18:16, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
I thought Sonic Battle was listed as a main series handheld game, is it n
LMAO. Sonic Battle a main game? You've got to be kidding me. How the heck can a game that isn't even a PLATFORMER be a main Sonic game!? Neither Shadow nor Sonic Battle are main series games, the argument that they're because they tie in to the main story is baseless BS. Show me where Sega stated that such a thing decides whether a game is a main game or a spinoff. By that argument, Sonic Unleashed is a spinoff as it has no ties to previous games nor is referenced by later games (the inclusion of Rooftop Run in Generations doesn't count, as that game makes references to SATSR as well), and Tails' Adventure is a main game as it serves as Tails' backstory. - Reddez (talk) 03:06, August 15, 2013 (UTC)
When did Sega state such thing doesn't decide if something's a main series game? Sonic Unleashed is a main series game, I don't know what you're saying there, also Tails Adventure is listed on handheld template.
Ultimately, the term "main series" has a lot of discrepancy tied to it, and I personally dislike the term, I've noticed that Supermorff suggested that the term be dropped altogether, and I think that would be a good idea. Myself 123 13:21, December 24, 2013 (UTC)
Proving Secret Rings is Mainstream
Hello everyone. It has come to my attention that Sonic and the Secret Rings is not listed on this template. Now some of you are thinking "It isn't mainstream," but is it really? Do we just assume the Secret Rings isn't a mainstream Sonic game? Sonic Generations tells us that it's mainstream, so if we're going to follow by the games, then why isn't Secret Rings on the is template? - 19:42, July 3, 2013 (UTC)