Sonic 3D Blast
The Final Fight, also known as The Final Boss in the Sega Saturn/PC version, is the final boss of Sonic 3D Blast if all of the Chaos Emeralds in the game have been collected. It is a fight against a mechanical contraption named The Final Weapon.
Upon the destruction of the multipurpose machine in Panic Puppet Zone and complete freedom of the Flickies, Sonic the Hedgehog catches up to Dr. Robotnik with the Chaos Emeralds. The arena is a pitch-black void in the original Mega Drive version, whereas it is more of a hidden factory room in the Saturn/PC releases. There are a series of five different machine configurations, which must all be fought twice with only six Rings available to the player.
- Laser machine: A machine that fires lasers from its fingers.
- Flame machine: A machine that uses more aggressive fire than uses in the previous incarnations.
- Crushing machine: A machine with detaching spike hands that attempt to crush Sonic.
- Launching machine: A machine that fires six homing missiles from its back.
- Ball machine: Finally, a machine that fires bouncing projectiles similar to previous incarnations.
In all of these phases, Robotnik will eventually decide to lower his machine into the grid, allowing a chance to attack once. In total, the multipurpose hovercraft requires ten hits until defeat. After hitting the machine once, a bridge will appear, allowing the player to move on to the next phase of the battle.
Upon defeating all of the weapons, the player is treated to the good ending, where Sonic has freed all of the Flickies from Flicky Island.
- This music track of the Mega Drive/Genesis version was later remixed as Mystic Ruins' theme from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- The Techno Bodyshell Battlesuit from Pre-Super Genesis Wave series is based off of The Final Weapon.
- If the player takes too long to cross the bridge after hitting The Final Weapon, then the floor will explode, killing the player.