Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Legend of Zelda Zone is a downloadable-content zone exclusive to the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World. The zone draws heavy inspiration from The Legend of Zelda series. Link, the protagonist of the franchise, is also seen throughout the Zone on occasion.
In the Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog is dressed as Link while Rings are replaced with Rupees of the Zelda series, which turn into saved animals after being collected. The first part of the Zone takes place in Hyrule Field with Hyrule Castle in the background; the enemies found in this part are Stalchildren and Deku Scrubs from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The second part of the Zone take place in a dungeon, in the same style that The Legend of Zelda series is famous for. In addition to Stalchildren, Sonic must also avoid Gorons, who will rise from the ground and attempt to roll over him. When hit, Sonic loses Hearts and he must find new ones in treasure chests that add to his total. At the end of the Zone, Sonic finds the Triforce.
- When opening a treasure chest, Sonic will use an animation very similar to the one used by Young Link in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- Another animation from the same game can be seen when using a Black Bomb Color Power and exploding next to a Gossip Stone, in which it will take off like a rocket similar to when a bomb is used on one in a The Legend of Zelda video game.
- Another game mechanic from the same game is in this DLC also. When Sonic walks by a Gossip Stone a fairy will come out. If Sonic walks by and has lost any hearts he will be healed by the fairy. In Ocarina Of Time if Link plays Zelda's Lullaby by a Gossip Stone a fairy would come out and it could be used to heal Link.
- Sonic starts the Zone with three hearts, the number the player starts with in most of the Legend of Zelda games and can find three more for a total of six, the number the player starts with in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
- Attacking the Cuccos found in the zone will cause them to swarm and attack Sonic, similar to the Cuccos' behavior in The Legend of Zelda series.
- The first and second halves of the level represent different parts of the The Legend of Zelda games. The first half represents the Hyrule Field overworld that has appeared in several The Legend of Zelda games. The second half represents dungeons that the series is famous for, particularly drawing insparation from fire-based Dungeons.
- This is the second time Sonic has crossed over in the Zelda universe, the first being Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- This is the only Zone in Sonic Lost World to not have a cartoony design inspired by the Mario series.