Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Meteor" is the fourteenth episode in the Sonic Boom television series. It first aired on 21 January 2015 in France and on 21 February 2015 in the United States.
A meteor causes Sonic and Eggman to exchange bodies.
- Dr. Eggman
- Team Sonic
On a starry night, Team Sonic is sitting at a campfire; Tails directs everyone's attention to a meteor shower, when one of the meteors crashes some distance away from the group. Curious, Team Sonic heads over to the landing site to investigate, where they meet Dr. Eggman, Orbot and Cubot. Eggman claims ownership of the meteor, but Sonic tells him he can only do so when touching it; the two then race each other to the meteor, where they grab it at the same time. The meteor releases a blinding light and knocks them both out.
When Sonic recovers, he finds himself in Dr. Eggman's lair and notices, to his horror, that he is in Eggman's body, voice and all. As Orbot and Cubot enter and explain how they brought him back to the lair, Sonic tries to convince them that he and Eggman switched bodies, with no success. In an attempt to prove his identity, Sonic tries to utilize his speed, but quickly learns (to his surprise and exhaustion) that he has lost that as well; upon this discovery, Sonic decides to find Tails for help, who is currently studying the meteor, still inside the crater. Back at Sonic's Shack, Eggman (in Sonic's body) is being taken care of by Amy. As Amy departs, Eggman reviews his situation, surmising that his powerful mind combined with Sonic's speed and strength would make him unstoppable. After some practice, he gets the hang of Sonic's powers and plots to eradicate Team Sonic, but ends up postponing it several times in favor of enjoyable activities with Sonic's friends.
Using the Eggmobile, Sonic travels back home with Orbot and Cubot, who begin to believe him after he thanks them for their help (the two noting that Eggman never shows gratitude). Upon arrival, he encounters Eggman with Knuckles, Amy and Sticks; Sonic tries to tell his friends that he and Eggman switched bodies, but Eggman rebuffs his claims by making fun of himself on purpose. Needless, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks do not believe Sonic, and when Eggman fakes an assault on him by Sonic, he encourages Knuckles, Amy and Sticks to attack. In Eggman's body, Sonic does not stand a chance and is chased off by his friends, forcing Orbot and Cubot to haul him back to the lair.
At Eggman's lair, Sonic is at a loss of how he can defeat Eggman with their bodies switched, until Cubot reminds him that he has an army of robots at his disposal. Back at Sonic's Shack, Eggman is relishing in his victory with the team, but then Sonic returns with a horde of Badniks, the Mega and Burnbot, which he orders to combat his friends and Eggman using non-lethal force (though the robots only comply after he threatens them, as per their programming). While his friends fight the robots, Sonic manages by luck to immobilize Eggman. At the same time, Tails discovers the meteor's ability to switch minds when a lizard and a fly touch it simultaneously. Tails brings the meteor to the battle site in his Tailsmobile, and explains what happened to Sonic and Eggman. Eggman snatches the meteor, but by doing so he blows his cover.
Tails tells everyone that for Sonic and Eggman to switch back, they have to touch the meteor again, but in response, Eggman drops the meteor and keeps his distance. Despite Sonic telling him to, Eggman refuses to switch back, until Sonic starts threatening to clip off Eggman's mustache. After a tense stand-off, Eggman relents and touches the meteor with Sonic, allowing the two to return to their original bodies. While everything goes back to normal for Team Sonic, Eggman fumes over his defeat in his lair, while Orbot and Cubot laugh at him having played a prank on him by letting him get sunburned all over, with the exception of a Sonic-shaped mark on his forehead.
Title in other languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||O Meteoro||The Meteor|
|German||Der Meteor||The Meteor|
|Hungarian||A testcsere||The body exchange|
|Italian||Scambio d'identità||Mistaken identity|
- This episode aired in France as the fifteenth episode in the series.
- Unlike most body-swap stories on TV, Sonic and Eggman did not switch voices when they switched bodies. Bill Freiberger has explained during an interview that this concept did not occur to the staff during the development of this episode.
- The symbol sunburned into Eggman's forehead is identical to the symbol for the Sonic Team.
- The device Tails uses to analyze the meteor bears a strong resemblance to the Reverse Polarizer.
- This marks the second time Sonic and Eggman switched bodies in any Sonic-related media, the first time being in the story "Switcheroo!" in Sonic X #37.
- The area where the meteor landed is the same location where Sonic encountered Burnbot in "The Sidekick".
- When Eggman and Knuckles are playing a fighting video game, the in-game announcer shouts "C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER". This is a reference to the Killer Instinct franchise owned by Microsoft. Additionally, a slightly altered version of the Pac-Man theme can also be heard.
- Tails is seen wearing his goggles over his eyes for the first time in the TV show.
- In the Russian dub, Sonic and Eggman switched their voices, along with their brains.
- This episode has the French intro instead of the American in the Russian dub.
- The plot of this episode was adapted for Sonic Boom 06 - Une étrange météorite.