|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Tornado 2 (トルネード2 Torunēdo Tsū?), or the Tornado for short, is a vehicle that appears in the anime series Sonic X and its comic series published by Archie Comics. It is a bi-plane that originally belonging to Sonic the Hedgehog, but was later handed over to his sidekick Miles "Tails" Prower after the fox was able to upgrade it. For a long time, it was used in Sonic and his allies' ongoing battles with Dr. Eggman, but would eventually be replaced by more advanced aircrafts like the X Tornado.
- Wing Span: 5.7 m (After transformation: 3.7 m)
- Length: 3.7 m (After transformation: 3.7 m)
- Height: 2.1 m (After transformation: 3 m)
- Engine: Tails' original CE engine x 1
- Maximum Speed: Unknown
Originally belonging to Sonic the Hedgehog, the Tornado 2 was found by Tails during his first encounter with Sonic. Fascinated by the aircraft, Tails began upgrading it and giving it a new paintjob when he was discovered by Sonic. However, Sonic was so impressed by Tails' mechanical work that he left it in his care as they became fast friends. As the Tornado was continuously upgraded, it would be used by Tails, Sonic and their allies in their battles against Dr. Eggman's robot armies.
New World Saga
In an attack on Dr. Eggman's fortress, Tails used the Tornado 2 for air combat and helping Sonic get to the Eggman, while Amy rode along. They eventually got shot down and almost crashed against a large rock, but was saved by Knuckles who punched the rock to pieces, thus ensuring the Tornado 2 landed safely. After being transported to Earth, the Tornado 2 was used by Tails for a while until it was replaced by the more advanced the X Tornado when the Tornado 2 proved inadequate against E-90 Super Sweeper.
The Tornado 2 was later sent back to its home world along with Tails and everyone else but prior to this, Chuck Thorndyke secretly upgraded the Tornado with the ability to transform into a powerful jet-plane known as the Hyper Tornado. Back in their home world, when Eggman disrupted a peaceful night with his rant about world domination, Tails took to the skies with the Tornado 2 to stop Eggman, in which he eventually discovered Chuck's work, much to his delight.
- In "A New Start" Chuck erroneously announces "X Tornado Transform" before the Tornado 2 transforms to Hyper Tornado.
- The X-shaped wing of the Tornado 2 bears design elements similar to the X-wing starfighter from the Star Wars series.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 File:Sonicx-ep8-eye1.jpg
- ↑ Masaki, Hiro (31 January 2004). "The Dam Scam". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 18.
- ↑ Masaki, Hiro (23 August 2003). "Chaos Control Freaks". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 1.
- ↑ Shiraishi, Masahiko (25 October 2003). "Satellite Swindle". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 8.
- ↑ Houjou, Chinatsu (14 March 2004). "Running Out of Time". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 50.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Urasawa, Yoshio (28 March 2004). "A New Start". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 52.