- For the move used by Miles "Tails" Prower in Sonic Advance 3, see Tornado Attack. For the Archie Comics version of this move, please see Tornado Jump (Archie).
Sonic using his team's Tornado Attack, Blue Tornado
|Statistics and Overview|
An attack that conjures up a tornado.
The attack would involve either Team Sonic or Team Dark running around the nearest target to create a tornado that would swoop the enemies off their feet and leave them vulnerable to attack. For Team Rose, Amy would swing her hammer and create wind. For Team Chaotix, Espio would use ninja skills to create a gale force; he also turns invisible at the same time.
The main function of the attack is to flip enemies over to reveal a weak spot, or to blow away an enemy's shield or armor, leaving them vulnerable. The Tornado Attack can also be used to scale vertical poles, or to activate propellers.
Types of Tornado Jumps
- Team Sonic - Blue Tornado (ブルートルネード): Sonic homes in on the closest enemy and spins a full circle around them, making an hourglass-shaped tornado with a wide range.
- Team Dark - Black Tornado (ブラックトルネード): Shadow's is exactly the same as Sonic's, but being black and as a result, slightly more cryptic.
- Team Rose - Tornado Hammer (トルネードハンマー): Amy's is not actually a spin, but more of a whirl with her Piko Piko Hammer, which sends a tornado that hunts down the closest enemies, making up for its low range.
- Team Chaotix - Leaf Swirl (木の葉がくれ): With the least range, Espio focuses his energy, doing a back-flip within the tornado and falls out completely invisible, leaving behind his teammates. Performing it again will turn him visible.
- For Team Sonic and Team Dark, the Tornado Jump allows for an additional height boost if the player holds down the A/X button during or after the move. This essentially allows for a double jump.
- Team Rose also gets an effect from using the Tornado Jump. If the A/X is held during the move it will allow Amy to use her Propeller Hammer attack again to cross even farther distances.
- Team Chaotix has no effect from holding the A/X button.
- Tornado Jump can also extinguish torches in Hang Castle and Mystic Mansion. However, in most stages, it makes no difference.
- The move can be a hindrance if used against flying enemies, as it does no damage. The Tornado Jump causes them to become temporarily invulnerable, as they try to stabilize themselves from the wind.