|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies, and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
Tracy Yardley, often credited as Tracy Yardley!, is an American comic book artist. He once contributed to the Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs, a tenure he began in 2006 and lasted until the comics' cancellation in 2017. He currently contributes to the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series published by IDW Publishing.
Yardley was born on 19 July 1979 in Southern Illinois. He became a graduate from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 2001. He currently lives with his wife Megan in Savannah, Georgia.
Yardley has been greatly interested in comics for most of his life, as well as the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series. In fact, the reason why he professionally spells his name with an "!" at the end is a tribute to Scott Shaw, who spells his own name the same way and was one of the first artists who worked on Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog.
One of Yardley's first known, original comics was a series known as Nate and Steve, whom he worked with three of his friends. Eventually, Yardley began his career in 2005 with fellow SCAD alum, Nate Bowden on Tokyopop’s original manga series, “Riding Shotgun.” At the same time, he began his long run on the various Sonic the Hedgehog titles published by Archie Comics alongside Ian Flynn.
Yardley is known to be the main penciler/inker of an original manga-like series known as Riding Shotgun, published by Tokyopop. He has also contributed to Hero Cats of Stellar City from Action Lab Entertainment, and has produced scripts and pencils for the forthcoming Galaxy Man and Cosmic Girl. He is also currently producing art for Archie Comics’ new Cosmo series.
- Sonic the Hedgehog:
- Sonic the Hedgehog #160 was the first issue that Tracy Yardley penciled as well as the first issue that Ian Flynn wrote.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 SSF1991 (16 January 2018). Tracy Yardley! Confirmed For IDW Sonic Team, One Of Multiple Covers For Issue #1 Released. TSSZ News. Retrieved on 17 January 2018.
- ↑ http://www.comicsbulletin.com/allages/11900964185465.htm
- ↑ http://nateandsteve.com/creators.htm
- ↑ http://www.tokyopop.com/product/1717
- Tracy Yardley at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia