|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Trevor Burrow the Mole is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is a mobian mole and a member of the Freedom Fighter group, the Desert Raiders. In reality, he is an associate of Egg Boss Nephthys the Vulture to keep the Midesta Egg Army at bay.
Concept and creation
Trevor is a large-bodied mobian mole about Big the Cat's size and is quite muscular. He has purple fur with greyish peach skin on his front torso and muzzle. He also has long fur on his head which he keeps together in a short ponytail. For attire, he wears white gloves with green cuffs, a black scarf, black and green shoes, and green shades. On his wrists he also has thin black blades resembling trowels.
Shattered World Crisis
Trevor and his team later "rescued" Sonic, Antoine D'Coolette, Big the Cat, and Chip from an ambush against the Midesta Egg Army. After Trevor and his team drove off the Egg Soldiers, they were greeted by Sonic himself, whom Trevor humbly greeted back. Trevor aided the Freedom Fighters in saving Ehsan, but was soon revealed to be allies of Egg Boss Nephthys the Vulture. Later, he watched Sonic and Sally's broadcast with his team.
Powers and abilities
Owing to his species, Trevor is an excellent digger and can burrow underground at an extremely fast rate which is great for surprise attacks. He is also quite physically strong, destroying a Badnik Horde Commander with a single uppercut. Despite being blind, Trevor has extremely accurate senses which let him interact with his surroundings with perfection.
- Coincidentally to how Trevor was modeled after Knuckles, Knuckles was referred to as a mole in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie.
- It is implied via context that Trevor is blind. This was later confirmed by an editor note in Sonic the Hedgehog #279.
- Trevor's sunglasses appears to be a reference to the shades worn by Kamina from Gurren Lagann. Further enforcing this similarity is how Trevor burrows through the ground in a drilling motion, which is a common theme in the anime.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Sonic the Hedgehog #278, "Letter from the editor"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (17 November 2015). Solicts - STH 278, SU 81 and more!. Retrieved on 17 November 2015. “Ian Flynn: Actually, he's based off the golden mole, which is blind.”
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Sonic the Hedgehog #278, "Face of the Enemy Part One: Friends in Need"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #279, "Face of the Enemy Part Two: Friends in Deed"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #283, "The Mission"