|This exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Trolls are a species that appear in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. They are an ancient race of mobians on Sonic's World. In the present day, the trolls are virtually extinct, with Walter Naugus and Wendy Naugus being the sole members remaining.
Trolls are apparently quite grotesque in appearance with large pointy ears, claws, and long tails.
Characteristics and culture
Though not much is know about trolls, the are famous for their mastery of crystals and crystalline technology.
Powers and abilities
Trolls are described as being proficient in magic, including the only known modern members of the species. They are also able to shape-shift and control the minds of others.
In ancient times, the trolls founded the Second Great Civilization on a land called Pancardina, though their culture was felt worldwide, bringing about a new age of prosperity and order with their cystalline magic which they would earn renown for through history. The trolls worshipped a being named Ixis and harnessed the pure power that it possessed. They increased their power through the use of the crystals, which they mined in many different locations, such as Hidden Palace Zone. With this power, they controlled Mobians and used them as their slaves.
The Trolls' era was ended by a catastrophic event that blasted Pancardina into a series of islands, with the Trolls being all but wiped out overnight.
List of known Trolls
- Before Wendy Naugus' introduction, Ian Flynn hinted at plans for Walter Naugus to have relatives that were awaiting editorial approval or dismissal.
- The Trolls' civilization, the "Second Great Civilization", is a reference to the "Fourth Great Civilization" mentioned in Sonic Battle.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (9 September 2015). Retrieved on 13 September 2015. “Connall Trott: Its cool that Naugus and Witchcart actually do sort of make a good pair when you think about. Is there a third member, Warren? / Ian Flynn: Just the two. The trolls are virtually extinct.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic Universe #70, "Total Eclipse Finale: Last Resort"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sonic the Hedgehog #276, "Back in Business"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic Universe #88, "Shattered Part Two: Lies & Half-Truths"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (10 January 2015). Naugus Is Now A Troll and the Troll Civlization. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 21 April 2015.