Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
After rescuing Princess Elise and destroying the Egg Genesis, Sonic The Hedgehog dashes off into the Tropical Jungle to put some distance between him and Dr. Eggman. However, no corner of Soleanna is truly free of the doctor’s inﬂuence, as even this lush paradise is overrun with robots. The menacing mechs are not Sonic’s only problem in the wilderness, though. He must carefully negotiate the dizzying heights of the dense jungle canopy where a misstep can be disastrous. Before paradise is truly lost, Sonic must carry Elise to safety on the other side of the jungle.
Sonic the Hedgehog travels through the Tropical Jungle along with Elise in order to escape Doctor Eggman's robots. This stage has two acts, while Sonic carries Elise throughout this stage. The stage begins with Sonic running through the inside of a tree trunk and bouncing off of springs. Sonic will occasionally grab onto vines with purple flowers on the end to swing to a higher elevation. There are also occasions where Sonic runs across giant turtles.
Rouge the Bat takes over for Shadow the Hedgehog when it comes time to visit the Tropical Jungle, a paradise of ancient ruins and lush jungle landscapes. Graceful sea turtles swim through the waters beneath the ruins, granting passage to heroes unable to swim the waters on their own.
Shadow the Hedgehog never plays through this level in his story. Instead, the player flies through as Rouge the Bat searching for Omega. It is a relatively short stage. You never really have to use the vines to swing onto a higher platform due to Rouge's ability to climb walls and glide. This stage is simply a maze of platforms.
Silver The Hedgehog lands in the Tropical Jungle, seeking further evidence of the so-called Iblis Trigger. The lush paradise starkly contrasts Silver’s infernal future, but the psychic hedgehog has no time for sightseeing. He must weave through the maze of ruins, ride on the backs of giant turtles, and defeat a legion of robots to reach the exit and get closer to his quarry. Silver’s abilities to levitate and walk up walls help him navigate the labyrinthine ruins, but seeking high ground isn’t always the solution in the jungle. Sometimes he’ll have to get right in the thick of it, trading blows with ‘bots while seeking out the pathway back to town.
Tropical Jungle is Silver the Hedgehog's first zone after traveling to the past, in which he attempts to escape the Jungle Ruins and find the Iblis Trigger. Silver's version of Tropical Jungle is more involved than the other two. Not only does he swing on vines and run along platforms, but occasionally he'll have to actually ride on the giant turtles to get to a new area. Other times, Silver will be expected to fling giant logs through wooden blockades in order to proceed.
Sonic's StoryAfter Sonic completes his fight with the Egg Genesis and rescues Elise, they proceed into the forest to escape the onslaught of Eggman robots headed their way. Sonic carries Elise for the entire level.
Rouge comes back from the future with Shadow's Chaos Emerald. She's now worried about him, as he no longer has a means of returning to the past. She then gets a contact from G.U.N. asking her if she had recovered the Scepter of Darkness (the game screws up and says "book" of darkness). Rouge says she needs to get into contact with E-123 Omega. Once his location is pin-pointed, she goes off into the forest to find him. When she finds him the situation is told to him and Omega heads off to complete his new mission.
Silver, after defeating Iblis, is told by Mephiles the Dark that in order to save his future, he must head into the past and find the Iblis Trigger. Silver gets a vision from a Chaos Emerald that shows him the Iblis Trigger is none other than Sonic the Hedgehog. Mephiles then takes it upon himself to send them into the past. Silver is thrown into the past where the forest is located. He looks around and realizes that he's been separated from Blaze and Mephiles. That's when he notices his surroundings and is transfixed by its beauty. With that, he heads off into the forest to complete his mission and find the Iblis Trigger.
Silver Medal locations
- After landing from the Ramp, there is an item box on front of the path the player seeks through. Use Homing Attack on the item, then Jump Dash backwardly to collect the medal.
- Drop down from the first Vine the player rides to a wooden platform and smash the crates on the left of the platform.
- Just after the first point marker during the grind, stay on the ﬁrst vine, then jump off the vine and slam into the robot, then jump to the medal to the left below the robot.
- Get on the rail under the third medal, to come across the second vine of this part. Swing as high as you can and jump out to reach another vine. Elise will call out that the player should jump to the right. Follow her directions to reach another vine that swings to the fourth Silver Medal.
- In the second section, When walking across the water, duck beneath the sentry and poke into a small alcove to the left. the fifth medal hides back behind the bog grass.
- After the fifth medal, head up to the pillars. The sixth medal is on top of the tall pillar in the middle of the water.
- Keep jumping across the pillars to until the player finds a Wide Spring. After jumping from the spring, use a Homing Attack onto two robots, then use it again to catch a rail with the seventh Silver medal on it.
- Below the platforms where the player got the sixth medal, use the Energy Field on the water and move to the left and Sonic will say "Oh, is there a back road?" Go to that direction and get on the next vine, the eighth Silver medal is on a platform to the left of it.
- In the same part the eighth medal is, there is a Lotus below it on the water. Walk past the lotus, then look under the boardwalk to the player's left.
- From the Lotus, continue on the boardwalk, going to the highest route after that. The player will eventually reach a Vine, go through the Rainbow Ring, then grab the medal.
- Glide to the opposite side of the ﬁrst temple ruins site until the player looks down on a corridor full of deactivated robots. The first Silver Medal rests under the stone tablet in the middle of the corridor. Bomb the tablet to reveal the medal.
- From the first medal, climb up a wall, then go along the narrow platform pathway, past the sleeping giant robots. Near the end of this narrow pathway, look to the right for three tall pillars, the second Silver Medal is on top of the tallest one.
- From the second medal, turn to the left and look down at the pillars rising out of the water. Glide toward them, the Silver Medal is on top of one of these pillars.
- After the third medal, glide over the Turtle to the pillar behind the ferns, it is on the side of this pillar.
- From the fourth medal, glide to the right to a large platform with two sleeping giant robots and two gray robots, destroy them all to reveal the fifth medal.
- As of the player's section, glide toward the nearest Vine, then land on the pillar behind it. The Silver medal is on top of this pillar.
- From the same location, glide to the left. It is under a platform the Egg Gunner is walking on, behind four Wooden Containers.
- From the seventh medal, turn back to the narrow platform, run straight past the Hint Ring about the Vine. Just beyond the Hint Ring, it is underneath the narrow platform the player is on.
- After the eighth medal, go straight to make several Egg Guardians appear. Destroy them all, then look for a stone panel and bomb it, to reveal the medal.
- It is on the top of a pillar near the ninth medal position, next to a tree.
- At the first log, use Psychokinesis on the PK mark on it, then when the log swings high, jump off to the right for the first Silver Medal.
- From the first medal, go straight then turn to the left and you will see a Vine. Use it to spring up into the air and land on a narrow platform. Turn right and follow the platform to the end.
- After getting the second medal, turn around on that platform and head in the direction of the giant robot guarding a log door. Instead of knocking down this door, jump off to the left of this door and land on that narrow platform, go to the left for the third Silver Medal.
- After the first point marker, move to the right and jump on a series of three platforms. When the player gets to the platform with a robot to see a vine spring down below. After springing off it, levitate and land, turn to the left, then levitate on top of the log door for a Silver Medal.
- After grabbing the fourth medal, turn around and go back to the platform ahead. Keep going straight, and then look down to see the second point marker way down below. Drop down here and pick up the brown lid before this point marker to find the fifth Silver Medal hiding with an Invincibility Item Box.
- At the same point marker, turn around and the player will see a fruit hanging over the water. Throw a wooden container at the fruit, to make the turtle appear, ride this turtle directly to the sixth Silver Medal.
- Run past the Point marker near where Silver says I wish I could go up and go to that direction, using the lotus to bounce to the other side of the boardwalk. In front of the Two Giant robots, the seventh Silver medal is hidden in a hole under a brown lid guarded by another robot.
- After grabbing the seventh medal, go around the giant pillar and the player will see a log up ahead with the eighth Silver Medal on it. Use Psychokinesis on a container to reach it.
- After that, turn around and head back to the previous point marker. Then turn to the right and use the vine, then the spring to get to the higher boardwalk. Instead of going left, go right, then levitate through the path of Rings to the platform with the giant pillar, the Silver medal is to the right of this pillar.
- Afterward, head back to the higher boardwalk and go this time to the left, it is floating in the air off to the side of the boardwalk up ahead.
- Tropical Jungle is one of the Action Stages that is not used in tag mode.
- A stage in Sonic Lost World, called Silent Forest, has many similarities to Tropical Jungle, Frog Forest, and Lost Jungle, the latter two in which are from Sonic Heroes.
|Tropical Jungle ~The Jungle~ ~The Swamp~||Mariko Nanba||4:17|
|Tropical Jungle ~The Ruins~||Mariko Nanba||2:42|
- Silver Medal Location Guide by Agnix
- Sonic the Hedgehog Prima official guide