Tropical Resort (トロピカルリゾート Toropikaru Rizōto?) is the seventh Stage in the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Generations. It originally appeared in Sonic Colors and is the final Stage of the Modern Era. This stage features the return of Wisps: Classic Sonic uses the Red Wisp, while Modern Sonic uses the Cyan Wisp.
- Perfection: Clear Tropical Resort in 1:00:00 without taking damage!
- Ring Collector: Collect 30 Rings in Tropical Resort in 0:30.00!
- Keep the Pace: Grab Time Items and clear Tropical Resort in time!
- Rampage!: Defeat 10 enemies in Tropical Resort in 2:00.00!
- Stealth Attack: Clear Tropical Resort in 0:20.00 without defeating enemies!
- Special Trial: Use Red Burst to defeat 4 enemies at once in Tropical Resort in 2:00.00!
- Die-Hard: Clear Tropical Resort in 4:00.00 without losing a life!
- Ring Collector: Collect 100 rings in Tropical Resort in 1:00.00!
- Keep the Pace: Grab Time Items in Tropical Resort and reach the goal!
- Rampage!: Defeat 20 enemies in Tropical Resort in 0:40:00!
- Stealth Attack: Clear Tropical Resort 1:30.00 without defeating enemies!
- Special Trial: Use Cyan Laser to defeat 6 enemies at once in Tropical Resort in 0:20.00!
- Act 1 is based off of the DS version of Tropical Resort, while Act 2 is based on the Wii version.
- Because of this, Tropical Resort is the only stage in Sonic Generations to be based on two different versions of the same stage.
- Due to it being the last stage in the 3DS version, its difficulty has greatly increased.
- This stage is the second stage in a handheld Sonic game to feature rail-switching. The first one is Plant Kingdom from Sonic Rush Adventure.
- When playing the Versus Mode, after crossing the Goal Ring in Act 2, Sonic will fall and die.
- This is the only level in the 3DS version of the game without an "Item Collector" mission.
- This is one of the four levels of the 3DS version of Sonic Generations that have previously appeared in a handheld game. The other are Green Hill, Casino Night and Water Palace.
- The Special Trial mission for Act 2 contains a reference to the beginning of the first Act of the Wii version of Tropical Resort. Here, Sonic goes from a grind rail into a section full of Egg Pawns and prisms for the Cyan Laser.
- Silver was placed here because there was no Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) level in the 3DS version of the game. Tropical Resort was likely chosen over Water Palace because Silver does make a brief appearance in the DS version of Sonic Colors - albeit as a friend rather than a rival.