|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this group before the Super Genesis Wave, see United Federation (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
The United Federation is a group that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a human government known to occupy a large area of Sonic's World. It is allied with the Kingdom of Acorn in the fight against the Eggman Empire, and employs its military forces in an effort to see the mutual threat defeated.
The United Federation was an early victim of Dr. Eggman's bid for world domination, as the renegade G.U.N. scientist convinced King Acorn that they intended to invade the Kingdom of Acorn, a nation that already had a questionable history with the Federation and its military. To reward the doctor for his efforts, the King gave him complete access to the kingdom's lands and resources, allowing Eggman to seize control of Westside Island and other territories of the kingdom. He would eventually set his sights on conquering his former homeland.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the United Federation's original timeline ended.
The Federation was among the many nations rocked by the Shattered World Crisis, but fortunately had G.U.N. in position to help those affected through Operation: Triage. Unfortunately its troubles were far from over, as the planet's fragmentation left the Federation and its allies with strained resources, which allowed the Eggman Empire's Egg Army units to seize additional territory.
The United Federation maintains a large territory, with its capital being Station Square and various cities such as Westopolis, Apotos, Empire City, Holoska, Shamar, Mazuri, Spagonia, Chun-Nan and Adabat existing within its boundaries. The region is home to a considerable number of mobian races in addition to humans.
- ↑ Sonic Super Digest #12, "Sonic Comic Origins: The Traitor"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #87, "Shattered Part One: Closing In
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #257, "Damage Control"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #59, "Shadow Fall Part One: Into the Unknown"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #266, "Ambushed! Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #281, "The World of Sonic the Hedgehog"