Howdy! My name is BlueSpeeder, and I'm an administrator on the Sonic News Network wiki. I joined on this wiki October 17th, 2011, and since then I've become one of the most active users (not to mention editors) on the wiki. I live in Texas and I'm a sixteen-year-old teenager that strives to become the writer for the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-off comic series published by Archie Comics. Edits wise, I've made roughly 43,812 edits in that time, in which 25,062 are estimated to be my mainspace edits. What is mainspace, you ask? Actual articles on this wiki (here's an example).
- Note: The following events that occur below happened between the time period of roughly 2009 to October 16th, 2011.
Where do we begin with my first exposure on Sonic News Network? Perhaps as early as 2009, when I was exposed to the website Sonic Retro. Formerly the website I would rely on for all of my Sonic the Hedgehog information, they lacked in a few departments, including the Archie Comics section, which, evidently, would become the major department of my work on this wiki. However, during the summer hype for the video game Sonic Colors, I noticed that the website lacked many details about the game, including Wisps and screenshots. I happen to notice that another website was adding information about Sonic Colors: Sonic News Network. It contained the screenshots I wanted, all of the (at the time) confirmed Wisps, and was just chock full of everything about the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.
Months would go by; I was more focused and more of a devoted fan to the Pokemon franchise. In 2011, I was told that Sonic Generations was the latest Sonic the Hedgehog video game. Of course, like all fans, I immediately wanted to check out everything about the video game. And sure enough, Sonic Retro wasn't full of the news, but Sonic News Network was. After seeing many errors, I became an occasional Wikia Contributor, but I never did anything special.
- Note: The following events that occur below happened between the time period of October 17th, 2011 to October 16th, 2012.
On October 17th, 2011, I noticed an error (which, I wouldn't even consider it an error, lol) on the Crisis City (Sonic Generations) article, and, because the article was blocked, I couldn't have edited it as a Wikia Contributor. I had to make an account to continue. And thus, with the powers of my fingers pressing buttons on a keyboard, the user BlueSpeeder was born. Fun fact; my original user name was going to be "The Blue Blur News" and another name inspired by by a certain "toasty" YouTuber. I'll give you a subtle hint: involved waffles and the color on my name. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, it's embarrassing.
I noticed a chat feature on the wiki, and, like all new users, I was curious to check it out. To all of the older users reading this, remember the "under-edit" chat rule? Well, if you don't, it was a rule that prohibited users with less than a hundred edits (fifty which were required to be mainspace) to come on the chat. While I was greeted with some comfort, I was nicely told to get off and get those edits, which, if I remember correctly, I got off without a tussle. I decided to start helping the wiki and getting those edits, but man, they were difficult to get. This is pretty ironic, considering my status on the wiki today. So what did I do? I simply edit boosted, which essentially means I edited one article excessively, just to boost up that edit count. No one ever caught me either, lol.
From here, I don't remember a whole lot of my first year. What I do remember is that I became friends with a plethora of users (including Bullet Francisco, PKMNthehedgehog, MetalMickey272, The Shadow of Darkness, Time Biter, and FreeSmudger), most whom I met on the chat feature. I remember scheming up ideas for a fan game with PKMNthehedgehog, which blossomed our friendship. I also remember when I was having trouble getting to 700 edits. No joke; I decided to kick myself out of chat until I got 700 edits, which was the most excruciating thing to do back then.
However, there was a time, when I wanted to nominate myself for rollback rights. I kept editing and attempting to prove that I could handle those rights. Unfortunately, things didn't go so smoothly due to my lack of confidence, and I requested it to be removed from my sight. To quote Myself 123, taken straightly from the nomination:
I decided that that was it. I was done for. But, there was a user who came in my life and changed how things looked to me: Shadowunleashed13. We were the closest of friends; between edit battles, YouTube link battles (I still think I won XD), we both made it through. As you edited more and more, I decided to edit as much as you did as well. Shortly, on October 2012, Unleashed nominated and successfully won his rollback nomination. I was inspired, but somewhat envious: I wanted to be a rollback too. I edited, edited, and edited until, on October 15th, 2012, I nominated myself again for rollback rights, and I was flabbergasted when I saw that people were supporting. Want to know why? Because I took the advice the opposition of my first nomination gave me; I grew confidence, I edited more, and I became much more active. And thus, that was just the beginning of a brand new adventure of maturity and life I would go through. I made a blog about my wikiversary (essentially a portmanteau of "wikia" and "anniversary") on October 17th, 2012 to chronicle my adventures of my first year of Sonic News Network.
This is a list of all of my fellow amigos on the wiki. Note that if you're not included on here, let me know here, as I'll add you on there. ;)
- Ultrasonic9000: Dedicated, teacher, and skilled editor, Ultra is one of my greatest friends on the wiki, simply because of his outstanding effort he puts on the wiki. I learn something new from the guy I used to fight with all the time for petty reasons that were my fault. :)
- Shadowunleashed13: Reliable, caring, essentially a "big" brother to me, I'm glad I met Unleashed, as we became strong friends on the wiki. I'll never forget the YouTube brawls we had against each other, and I'll never forget trying to beat his editcount. Oh, and "Feel the Shardom" is copyrighted to this user, for he actually made it up. ;)
- MetalMickey272: Trustworthy and compassionate, Metal is one of the oldest (ut greatest) friends I've had on this wiki. Perhaps the best person I can tell a secret to without having regrets, I patiently wait the day Metal becomes an administrator. He deserves it.
- Le Solace: Intelligent and humorous, Solace is one of the users that easily can make me happy. Not only do I learn words from him (yes, he's tired of hearing this about him, but hey, it's the truth ), but he's also very diligent to his work on the wiki. That's what I call dedication.
- Sesn: Diligent, devoted, Sesn is easily one of my greatest friends on the wiki. Not only does he help the wiki even better than I do (literally, he goes and cleans all the misspelled words, but that is only the tip of the ice burg), but he's also a wonderful friend to be by.
- Toxice: Care-taker and excellent worker, I had a rough start with Toxice–and so did everyone else. Now, I consider her a loyal and hard worker on the wiki that I honestly would like to see become an administrator one day.
- Krazy Company: Party-animal and attentive, Krazy is one of those users who, like Toxice, I started out rough with. Arguments, bans, name-calling, all of that has been pushed aside now. We both forgave each other, and since then, I believe he is one of the most mature users on the wiki. There, I said it. What? You're looking at me like I'm speaking Latin.
- SpyroSonic2000: Admiring and mature, Spyro was a user who came as a boy but suddenly grew into one of our most mature administrators there is. And by the way, expect a "brb" to come out of him on chat.