Due to the current situation with Tropical Storm Isaac, the next arc (Which I originally had planned to begin Monday) will be postponed until further notice. Due to the unpredictability of these weather systems, and due to the fact that I may need to evacuate without notice, the comic may be updated sporadically depending on the situation.
I will give out updates as more information becomes available, but for now, we're better being safe than sorry. We'll be taking a "Vacation" to Montgomery: which is somewhere I wanted to visit anyway, so we'll kill two birds with one stone.
- Isaac Category: Cat 1 Hurricane
- Path: New Orleans (Not near my home)
- Leviathan Evacuation Status: Home (Post-Evac)
- Comic Status: Returning to regular schedule 8/29 unless noted.
Update 1:38 PM 8/25: Currently, the path of Isaac seems to have shifted to the East a bit, pushing it clear of our town. We still aren't all-clear until it gets close, but for the moment we're staying here unless it changes categories or it changes direction to the west again.
Update 12:12 PM 8/27: We're leaving for the moment, just to be on the safe side. Isaac seems to be clear of our town but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Update 8:30 PM 8/27 (Est): I'm currently in a hotel in Montgomery, and all I can say is that: we probably got more rain driving here than we would have got if we stayed home. The Weather Channel won't even refer to it as a hurricane anymore. Still, I'd rather be here going "Gee, I wish we didn't leave" than "Gee, I we should have left"
Update 6:34 8/28: Let's call it "Momentary Vacation" instead of "Evacuation". We got more rain and wind en route to Montgomery than we probably got at home. Nothing's damaged and everything is pristine, except for the fact that the power went out for like 20 minutes. I'm totally fine and there's no reason to be concerned about the Hurricane unless it decides that it's tired of waiting for people to hit the beach and decides to bring the beach to us.