- Note: This is all a joke put on the main page a while ago, then deleted for humor. Read at your own risk
Fans realize something Sega does not (for the most part), that robust 20-year-old billion-dollar franchises, while seemingly healthy, are in actuality as fragile as two bricks tied together with tissue paper. One mistake, one bad mis-step will cause the entire thing to shatter and fall apart; and Sonic the Hedgehog would be ruined FOREVER.
Fortunately, there is hope: Part of the Sonic fanbase has resolved to remain ever vigilant against something that could Ruin Sonic Forever, and call out a warning if they see something that could potentially do so.
Some Sonic conservationists suggest a more extreme approach, that the Sonic franchise should abandon all attempts at re-invention and instead cater exclusively to the old-school collectors. Though attractive, this approach may prove impractical as a long-term solution.
Ruined Forever remains a serious threat to Sonic now and in the foreseeable future, though it's possible a proposed initiative requiring all Sonic fans to purchase an annual "game offset" could ensure our fragile brand's existence throughout the mid-21st century.
Things that have Ruined the Sonic franchise in the past
- Sonic Team
- Al Kahn
- Actually adding voices
- Yuji Uekawa
- Turning Sonic into a monster
- More and more characters
- Sonic X-treme
- Sega Saturn
- DiC Entertainment
- The transition into 3D (and giving him green eyes and slimming him up)
- The (attempt at a) reboot for the 15th anniversary
- Replacing the voice cast (twice)
- Chris Thorndyke
- Guns and swearing
- The Middle Ages
- ...Not to mention the ongoing obnoxious onslaught of the "fans"
- The Babylon Rogues
- Going back to his own roots
In other words, pretty much everything— except for the original Genesis games...