After spending a few months in Canada as a soft launch, Sonic Jump Fever is now available worldwide on Android and iOS Devices!
For those checking on the tech specs, the game is around 42 MB for Android and a crazy 97.2 MB on iOS (for those with an iOS device, better save some space for it), and you'll need Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" or iOS 7 or better to install it. It's on V. 1.0.0, it WILL In-App Purchases (as mentioned eariler) but it will offer Google Play Games Services (for Android and it will automaticly connect with your Google+ Account) and Game Center (for iOS) support for the game.
I've just installed the app, it's now on my HTC One M7 as of now so I'll give it a shot but there has been an update on the description (for Android on Google Play which is shown below though it's unchanged on iOS).
- Catch the FEVER in an explosive race against the clock! Compete with Sonic and friends in high-speed bursts of vertical jumping mayhem. FREE and based on SEGA’s hit Sonic Jump.
- Prove you are the best. Rack up huge combos to blast past your friends’ high scores. Use boosters, upgrades, unique character abilities to maximize your score. Then kick into overdrive with Fever Mode and hit the top of the Leaderboard!
- JUMP REVOLUTION
- The all-new, free-to-play, Sonic Jump experience features quick-to-play explosive races against time!
- CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS
- Compete with friends for the highest score. Play and post your scores on a Leaderboard that you share with your friends. The leaderboard updates instantly after every turn. So the competition never ends.
- SHATTER YOUR SCORES
- Unleash FEVER mode to enter hyper-speed for earth-shattering scores.
- PLAY & UPGRADE A CAST OF CHARACTERS
- Play as Sonic, Knuckles and a host of famous characters. Upgrade their unique moves and abilities to help them soar to the skies.
- UNLOCK THE POWER OF THE CHAO
- Recruit a legendary Chao from the Sonic universe! Find all the Chao to help you beat badniks, search for hidden rings and many more unique abilities!
There's also some updated images for the game as well. (And a launch trailer as well)
And as always, you can get Sonic Jump Fever on Google Play and at the App Store right here:
UPDATE: For Android Users only: There has been concerns over the "Superuser Access" permission which could give your Android phone permission to root your Android and even have administator Privilages. I know it feels to unconfortable, especally to Android users, like me, though if that happens, I suggest you deny it.
Other than that, the iOS version just sored off the charts. Recently, it went up to #5 on the Free Games charts.