As 2013 comes to a close, there's a lot of things we want to look back in from 2013. Although 2013 may not be a great year for Sonic, especally with the reviews on Sonic Lost World and the sales plus the exclusive partership with Nintendo, there's many things that may happen in 2014. Although we don't know what will happen, there's somethings that may soon come to the table by the time 2014 kicks in.
- Another Sonic Game: Well, we don't know what to expect but it will be it's last one as part of a 3-Game exclusive partership on Nintendo, other than Sonic Lost World and Mario and Sonic in the 2014 Sochi Winter Games. We can't tell what's going to be, but it's gonna soon come in possilby by SEGA themselves or in another Nintendo Direct. In additon, with the newer consules released, we also don't know if there's going to be a Sonic Game to the PS4 and the Xbox One but it's possible it should be revealed by now or next year or so.
- PS2 and PS3 Sonic Games coming via Gaikai: Unfortently, the PS4 WILL NOT play any PS1, PS2, and even PS3 games despite having the PS3 games does play on Blu-Ray discs. Howerer, that will change when Gaikai gets released as a Cloud-gaming service to the PS4 and will offer Backward Capibilities. We don't know if PSN games released on the PS3, and the games that weren't sold on PSN but on retailers with a disc (like Sonic '06 and Sonic Unleashed) will be available or that games you owned will require another purchse, but it's something that Gaikai must concider. Plus if Unleashed comes into Gaikai, we cant tell if the PS2 and/or PS3 vesions will come (and the same thing will have to come to SEGA Superstars Tennis). However, Microsoft's Xbox One is out of luck, as no game before the Xbox One is unplayable and there's no word if something similar to Gaikai will come in.
- Sonic Boom (Working title): Of course, we gotta wait until the Fall for this one, but there's a lot speculation on what's about in it. Although its too early to talk about it right now, we'll have to wait a little long for this one.
- The next location for the Sonic Boom: For those in America, we don't know where it'll come, but in a recent post on SEGA's Blog, many wanted the next one to come to New York City (which I live near by) San Fran (SEGA of America's HQ) or Los Angeles. That announcement may come before Summer comes in.
- Another S3&K Rerelease?: We'll we don't know if Christian Whitehead will do this one. If you guys played Sonic 2 on your Android or iOS device, you might want to check the end (don't worry, I'll not spoil the ending for all of you but there's a video to this one which I'll not show it to you but there's a link to it.). There's some reference to the acctually US Cover box of that Genesis/Mega Drive Classic. We don't know if it's true but it was spotted from a YouTube user "TailsChannel". If that's true, this will fill the gap chronolically.
For now, that's all that we might know for now, but we could expect some more things that may kick in by the time 2014 comes in. There's some suprises, and other things that you might look foward to. As year is always something to start something new, with different things to come, that's something things to expect more and know it as it happens. So for all of you reading this, what are you thoughts on what will happen with the Sonic Franchise in 2014?